Some comments about recent patch + events

Just Have some comments to put out there with regards to where the latest patch was good / bad and some other random stuff to add in onto it.

1st things 1st,

Nightmare batman, the nerf i personally think was 100% unnecessary, and from what I've managed to discuss from most competitive team players, the only reasonably part of the nerf was the reduction in stealth time, the change to positioning of the shroud is now incredibly weird and takes no skill to place in the right position when ganking, whilst the removal of slow in his silver batarang, made him pretty much unusable anymore, literally not viable. (don't make me make a video to show how painfully useless he is now)

Hence the only possible way of fixing him is a complete removale of the june patch and maybe a slight tone down of his passive and a reduction in stealth time.

2nd.
    Champions that needed nerfs and were left untouched,

Gaslight Joker / Shazam / Atomic Posion Ivy.

From recent competitive matches, anyone couldve notice these were pretty much high priority picks, Joker from the fact he becomes virtually unkillable, ivy as she also can become extreemely tanky and has no match if played in botlane, and shazam is too high damage and high range at the same time.

Some suggestions for changes required are simple,

Atomic poison Ivy only needs a reduction in the root duration, otherwise everything stays the same, then it is probably quite balanced

Shazam should only receive a tone down on the damage ratios and energy ratios, as reduction in range would make him unviable.

Gaslight Joker needs looking into his tank scaling, however it is quite sensitive as to how much it is reduced as too much will make him un-viable as well.

3rd some excessive item nerfs which affected certain roles specifically.
    Before this patch, it was pretty obvious that marksmen were not a great part of carrying games, since AP carries had much better scalings and tanks could get to a point where marksmen couldn't touch them. Now, to make it even worse, attack lifesteal items were targeted, making Katana not worth buying and claw of horus had its lifesteal removed from it. leaving only the option of the atlantis gambit, or the cheetah's claw as lifesteal viable items, however the cheetah's claw is not worth buying due to the price to stats obtained ratio, and the gambit is a questionable buy aswell, the only thing making it somewhat viable is the fact that at lv2 it pays itself around 25min into a game.

Other stat reductions like the reduced armor on fragment of mogo were also unnecessary however debatable and not too highly impacting.

4th, when it comes to good stuff, it is nice to see gambits nerfed and people's skill coming into play more now as farming minions actually matters again.

another couple heroes i want to touch are flash and sinestro.

Sinestro by far is broken, in terms of how overdone his damage ratios are and how outrageously unbalanced with regards to other AP carries he is.

Flash on the other hand is a hard subject to discuss, as with his current kit if u alter too much he will become unplayed, like what happened with nightmare batman.
    with a bit of thought, i perhaps thought of some changes that could make him balanced.

His flash attack has 2 nerfable options, either reduce the damage completely, otherwise increase the cooldown excessively and make it reset with kills, like sinestro's cull the weak. as it stands now, his flash attack is too short cooldown and does too much damage when considering how many times you can cast it in a fight, the fact you can hit multiple targets and the fact that a good player will always hit it as it is so fast.
    His ultimate is hard to discuss, the only viable change i personally think is maybe a small reduction in range but not too much.

Level up rewards.
    Many may not know this, but currently leveling up rewards has a drawback for people who buy too many augments / mods. currently you get a mod or an augment for leveling up, which is worth about 400-600merit. however if you buy all the augments, you will start earning 100 merit for a level up, 1/4th what it was previously worth at a worst case scenario. I personally think this needs looking into, as high level players who probably would buy all the augments will feel quite under rewarded for leveling up considering it takes about 30-40 games from 40-41 at normal conditions if not more.

With regards to what I've managed to discuss with others when it comes to the recent patches specifically the June one as a focus, this is all I could bundle up.

However there is another topic I'd like to touch on.

Promotions and Rewards.

Recently there have been a lot of events, the razer laptops for example, I personally think it is in everyone's interest to know who received these rewards so that people can acknowledge these are being given out, also a rumor that i need confirmation of that the laptops had a regional restriction as to where they could be shipped, meaning a clause that wasn't mentioned initially, excluding certain players from specific countries.

Secondly, more advertisement of streams is in order, specially when an IC staff member gives out 20 codes or something, if this were advertised on reddit or forums more often, a lot more viewers would get involved in watching.

To end this post id like to comment on something recent, Dreamhack. apparently...there is an infinite crisis section....which probably 2% of the community knows about, being the competitive players, IF all of them know about it, and it has a prize money too...yet I havent seen it advertised, not even on the client loader.

I'd Appreciate anyone commenting or adding anything to this. might help improve the community's imput to turbine, and maybe turbine's perspective to what needs fixing and focusing in the game.

Re: Some comments about recent patch + events

srsly im just to lazy to read this. RESPECT for the ones who does RESPECT.
    Protectors lvl 51
    KDA : 7/3/5
    K/D Ratio : 2.40

My Jokers Mega Guide : https://www.dawnbase.com/guides/xawa...guide-59268645

Twitter : https://twitter.com/IC_Xawas

My opinions on your post's ideas/comments:

1. Great post! Thanks for taking the time.

2. Night Bat, totally agreed. He did need a mild nerf, what he got was a "let's make him unplayable on purpose to shake up the meta". He's completely non-viable in any role, competitively, right now, even by players for which he used t be their main played hero. Your fix idea is probably spot-on.

3. Re Marksmen, have you looked at the redone Zeiss Goggles? All in all, Marksman got their lifesteal nerfed, and their damage buffed... which I consider, all in all, a pretty good exchange for the meta. They are more lethal, yet more fragile, and it makes Atlantis Gambit (possibly with Improved Aura mod) a good choice for them. I've been running AG Improved Aura, and it helps a lot. The new stacking + nerfs to Katana do weaken the item considerably, but it used to be the Only Right Choice. This fixes that somewhat.

4. Re item nerfs in general, read my posts about what this patch did to Controllers. TL;DR, Controllers got handed a back door nerf as bad as Night Bat, it needs to be addressed, but at least Enforcers played in Support are very viable. Mecha Superman, particularly so with the increased ability for Supports to stack life (Ruby of Life viable on supports is another change they need to look at... it's mildly OP). Also, with the changes in stacking mechanics, Crime Bible and Two Face's Coin are comparatively stronger than any similar items, and are coming close to an "always the right choice" problem.

Champions needing nerfs: I find Gas Joker actually in a good place, or to even need a mild buff, as his early game is terribly weak right now. As for API, she's pretty good as is, but you're probably right that a tweak to the root time would be a good idea. Shazam, also spot on. A little tweaking to the numbers, and he'll be good. As for Flash, I actually find F=MA to be the ability more in need of a nerf than Flash Attack... specifically a nerf to how it interacts with Blue Scarab. Just that, I think, would be enough. I don't find Sinestro to be broken... I actually find him mildly weak, in my experiences.

5. Level Up Rewards: Spot on. Give us 400 Merit at least.

6. Promotion/Rewards: Revealing who won the laptops, if only so we know they weren't just handed out to random Turbine employees or something, would be great. As for the eSports scene, yeah, more advertising of events would be great. Also... since I haven't asked yet this week, where's my observer mode, Devs? Seriously, I actually want to fund and host a weekly tourney with a small cash prize in the somewhat near future, but I will not do so until I have an Observer mode.

The hard part with carries and nerfing AD items is that they AD assassins are very strong. Both cat women and AWW are very strong. Nerfing those champions and buffing AD items might work, but I'm not an expert in balance issues.

Thks for the comments, just 1 thing @

3. Re Marksmen, have you looked at the redone Zeiss Goggles? All in all, Marksman got their lifesteal nerfed, and their damage buffed... which I consider, all in all, a pretty good exchange for the meta. They are more lethal, yet more fragile, and it makes Atlantis Gambit (possibly with Improved Aura mod) a good choice for them. I've been running AG Improved Aura, and it helps a lot. The new stacking + nerfs to Katana do weaken the item considerably, but it used to be the Only Right Choice. This fixes that somewhat.

Thing is yea sure their team fight ability maybe got a bit better but they're still pretty much a non existent factor in lane, bot is still just about the better support plays. without a decent life steal item its kinda impossible to get back from a good gank on your lane. if u die for example 0-2 early, they can push you out of lane instantly when you're back as you'll be 1.5lvls behind and probably an item behind aswell.

I have carried 3v5's as Sinestro. I'm not being snarky when i say he needs some very specific attention to realize why(as it's more obvious when you look at his numbers) he could be problematic. I'm going to post some numbers so you don't have to wiki while you read.

Look at an ability, and than look at his Passive at the bottom. Do this for each ability.

Sawblade
    Damage:
    60/95/130/165 + 50% Power Damage
    Missing Health:
    7%/8%/9%/10%
    Cost:
    40/50/60/70
    Cooldown:
    8/7/6/5

Scythe(WHIPPUH!~)
    Damage:
    40/80/120/160 + 60% Power Damage
    Silence:
    1/1.25/1.5/1.75
    Cost:
    65/80/95/110

Cull the Resets
    Damage:
    50/90/130/170/+ 60% Power Damage
    Bonus Damage:
    25/45/65/85+ 40% Power Damage
    Cost:
    60/80/100/120
    Cooldown:
    18/17/16/15(0 if you killed someone with the dash)

Scare Bear
    Damage:
    175/275/375/475 + 80% Power Damage
    Area Damage:
    75/150/225/300 + 50% Power Damage
    Cooldown:
    120/115/110/105

Yellow Bosstown paint
    Missing Health:
    7%/8%/9%/10%
    Silence:
    1/1.25/1.5/1.75
    Bonus Damage:
    25/45/65/85 + 40% Power Damage

The scaling from his passive on %health, the silence, and his dash are all close to equal to his other abilities per level.

O.o It's bonkers.

On GH i go 1-1-1 in skills, max my scythe so it's damage increases for waveclear, and abuse the piss out of scythe, than max my passive.

It deals the same damage as leveling your Q+E. This allows you to still be able to deal high damage, while having strong waveclear at the sametime with scythe, and a phantom leveled Dash, with high damage harass due to the base 10% health from your level 1 q.

Since you have leveled scythe, you can safely apply your passive, if not just applying it with your R-Q-W-E combo at 6 or whenever in the future.

If you don't know what i mean by abusing scythe, Sinestro's scythe hitbox goes further than it's animation A LAHT. Just a whole lot. So safely farming, or running while scything can often just win you lanes because tbh it's really hard to gauge the correct distance even for me and ive been playing sinestro. Sometimes you just throw it out there, and it's like, "Yeah, knicked ya, LETS GO DAWG!", and you E+Q, than runaway combo.

Currently his passive is a little too strong is what im trying to get across .

Power belt(3) + D3(2) + Starheart(ANY) if you can get it is where the fun starts . On GH starting Overclocked 2FC and D3(1), or just a powerbelt(2) - capture botlane-potions back, are very strong starting builds.

Eventually, you can just 3-4 shot people because your ult allows you to peel any assassin, bruiser, or tank, and than melt them for 10%+ damage from one ability alone, and if you arent going to win, you just Dash out.

Also your ult means 3 empowered abilities, than if you play your cards right with cooldown management, and cooldown reduction you can infinitely apply your passive while recieving bonuses from every spell you hit with. o.o

I think eventually it will consume itself on hit from spells(with slightly buffed effects on each spell), or potentially go to a limit than do something and his spells wont be empowered, etc. There are options here.

Thanks for reading, and let me know why you thought he was mildly UP in your opinion.

Edit : Scythe has a 6.6 second cd or something when leveled.
    Last edited by Fistbumpgeodude; 06-11-2014 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Thanks wiki

I totally agree with you spark, like tbh turbine has taken the entirely wrong way of developing the game and unless they something drastic the game will never get bigger. The lag issue and delays are also a big part of what the devs need to improve on and I feel like this needs to be done instead of releasing skins and razer events. PS: I love you, marry me! I want to have sex With you.

-best regards ClockWorx
    LOVE XOXOXOXOOXO

Sry clock mi no pido.

I agree with what you said about nightmare batman and the items. my biggest issue with items is Abin Sur's lantern and fragment of Mogo. I was against he whole thing at first, but after using the lantern it does work for some controllers. But if they were going to keep the coin collection for will then they should ditch the name, change it to Larfleeze's lantern and change the color to orange ( this is just so it makes sense from a lore stand point. right now it makes no sense). as for Mogo, with the recent nerfs it is now a useless item. you get the same level of health and armor as booster gold's armor but with out the shield amp or cooldown. it is just not worth getting for the damage field. they need to either greatly increase the damage field on the ability, or give it additional buffs, or increase the health/ armor level again.