How does Grodd's Shield interact with damage dealing disables ?

For example: Root strike is about to hit you for 200 damage, while the shield only has a capacity of 100 left. Will you be rooted or not ?

Additionally are slows or silences considered disables or only fear, root, stun ?

Re: How does Grodd's Shield interact with damage dealing disables ?

The on-hit effects still apply. Shields are just temporary health boosts.
    If your max hp is 2000 and you have a shield of 100. Then if you're hit for 200 damage, your health is now 1900 and stuns still apply.
    With blood and rage of crimson red, Ripped from a corpse so freshly dead, Together with our hellish hate, We'll burn you all--That is your fate!
    What's mine is mine and mine and mine, And mine, and mine, and mine! Not yours!
    In blackest day, in brightest night, Beware your fears made into light. Let those who try to stop what's right, Burn like my power*... Sinestro's might
    In brightest day, in blackest night, No evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might, Beware my power...Green Lantern's Light!
    In fearful day, in raging night, With strong hearts full, our souls ignite, When all seems lost in the War of Light, Look to the stars-- For hope burns bright!
    Tor lorek san, bor nakka mur, Natromo faan tornek wot ur. Ter Lantern ker lo Abin Sur, Taan lek lek nok--Formorrow Sur!
    For hearts long lost and full of fright, For those alone in blackest night, Accept our ring and join our fight, Love conquers all-- with violet light!

Community Advocate CH4_BrianFantana's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Ritchy View Post
    The on-hit effects still apply. Shields are just temporary health boosts.
    If your max hp is 2000 and you have a shield of 100. Then if you're hit for 200 damage, your health is now 1900 and stuns still apply.
    That's not the question he was asking. While the shield is up, you are immune to all forms of CC. He's asking when is the immunity checked, prior to or after the damage from the cc is applied.

In his case, would someone shielded be rooted from a skill that would also break the shield from damage. Which is checked/applied first?

Software Engineer IC_NPComplete's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyHodor View Post
    For example: Root strike is about to hit you for 200 damage, while the shield only has a capacity of 100 left. Will you be rooted or not ?

Additionally are slows or silences considered disables or only fear, root, stun ?
    Oh, wow! What an awesome question! I actually had to go and test this one.

After testing with Atomic Poison Ivy's root, Joker's mini-stun from Mr. Punchy, and Joker's slow from his teeth traps, I believe the correct answer is:

1. Yes, you are immune to silences and slows, not just stuns. All types of CC will be prevented.

2. The CC will be prevented, if it happens instantly - at the same time as the damage that broke the shield.

3. If the CC is delayed, taking effect after a time delay relative to the damage that breaks the shield, it will not be prevented.

Hopefully this will be true for all skills - I did not actually test every skill in the game to ensure that this is true. If you happen to find one that breaks these rules, please do submit a bug report!

Thanks for the attention to detail, and for giving me a chance to have fun looking into this!
    NPComplete - Infinite Crisis Gameplay Engineer - @NPCDev

Quote Originally Posted by IC_NPComplete View Post
    Hopefully this will be true for all skills - I did not actually test every skill in the game to ensure that this is true.
    Perfectly shows how much your QA department worth. =/
    Light is stronger than Darkness because shadows always covers in a presence of light.
    Green Lantern: weaponized willpower.

Protector

While you're testing could you try out the Damage over Time slows from GL, Atomic GL and Atomic Ivy?