Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lane minions and jungle camps are kinda... boring...

Title pretty much, I know it is more work for the IC staff but I would like to believe that they have plans to update the minions from robots to SWAT teams... or Jungle minions to street criminals...

They really make jungling kind of boring when all the camps look the same... The only jungle monster that feels epic is Levi...

Re: Lane minions and jungle camps are kinda... boring...

I asked for this once....they said they didn't think it seemed like a good idea to have superman punching a random criminal.

I would like to see, maybe Interpol? But I know the overall game fiction is about the multiverse and some threat to it....so that might be where these 'boring' constructs are from.

I will add that the Raider, Leviathan and DD device are MUCH cooler looking now.
    Formerly xocgx.........vegemike is just easier to pronounce!
    Steam name is xocgx
    Steam Forum name is Vegan

I think this is one area that should be looked at with each map because I feel like they're missing a trick.

One very good way to make Gotham feel like Gotham and Coast City feel like Coast City would be to have minions be street thugs/gangs that Gotham is known for and for Coast City to have something Lantern themed.

Street thugs make sense in Gotham, but they don't make sense in the setting of the game. It's a gladiator thing and the Construct or monitor or whatever it is spawns the creatures into the fight. Wouldn't make too much sense for random thugs to be in the middle of two universes crashing together. Monsters instead of robots work though.

i think it would work for certain maps. you have to think that at some point we will go to other dimensions and planets. so a nightmare metropolis with phantom creatures could work. or an Apokolipse map you could have parademons and other apokolyptain creatures. and since someone suggested Mogo would be a good map (and I agree) you could have critters made from different elements like wood and stone. or war world and have it be those crystal things form the Young Justice cartoon.
    Last edited by Wurm_king; 06-13-2014 at 12:59 AM. Reason: stupid auto correct.

There have been plenty of constructs made in DC so you could easily use different ones for each camp. I kind of have to agree that having every camp look the same steals a bit from the feel. It's also infinite crisis so they could put the Shadow demons in or Brother Eye's bots (is it OMAC?) to make it more legit. Things that effect villains and heroes alike.

Not sure how to handle minions though. It needs to be small enough as well as make sense and little robots work in that regard. I've never had a problem with them.
    Don't let common sense stop you.
    "They say I'm fearless, but actually I'm very afraid. Of getting beat. Of backing down. Of chickening out. That fear just blows all the others away."

If you are reading the comic, the drones are made with monitor tech (corrupted monitor tech for the jungle drones)

Not 100% sure, but killing random thugs may affect the rating of the game as well. Destroying drones is better than killing people in this regard:P

Considering Harmony

Man, themed minions would be AMAZING! imagine its randomly shuffled and selected when the match starts? between drones, aliens, thugs?

It would make playing the repetitive levels funner!

I hope its considered at one point to have different minion types!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate26 View Post
    Man, themed minions would be AMAZING! imagine its randomly shuffled and selected when the match starts? between drones, aliens, thugs?

It would make playing the repetitive levels funner!

I hope its considered at one point to have different minion types!
    MOBAs are all about repitived maps because it has to all be symertical so as not to give one side a distict advantage, the random shuffle would cause alot of problems and take alot of coding, minions get stronger as the game goes on and if there is even one bug that does not trip off for say the street gang one side would have a large minion advantage, that and if the shuffle messes up even once the game could crash. I like the robots I don't think adding aliens or street gangs would make sense, common gotham thugs work for a higher power so it would make little sense for say two face to be running around gotham hights killing his own men. In league the minions are made by lesser summoners and are not real people. I think the ESRB would have to raise the game up by one level if they made the changes. Besides most mobas have perfectly identical minions on each side, just a palette swap, and while I think it would be cool to see Turbine change it up, I think its for the best they do not