Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Is Atrocious worth the buy?

Quote Originally Posted by MuriloBFS View Post
    Depends a lot on how you're going to use him and where. If you're going to play him full tank and agressively, he's good. I would recommend waiting for a buff / price reduction, but he's decent.

Out of this, there isn't much you can do with him tbh.
    I planned on taking him Jungle quite a lot but now, I'm not so sure.
    This is my very first MOBA, so if I make a stupid mistake or a stupid post on the forums, tell me. I ain't no mind reader and I can't tell why you're so angry at me from what could be continents away.

"YOU HAVE FAILED THIS CITY!"

Protector

Quote Originally Posted by Hippieslayer View Post
    I planned on taking him Jungle quite a lot but now, I'm not so sure.
    I've been playing him a lot. He's really meh, his Q doesn't do much damage at all and the AOE is pretty useless. He's not great in the jungle either. He's ok but there are far better choices.

Ya know alotta folks thought Ham wasnt good in GH etc..But I always luvved him...same with Atroc....I mean I been gettin 20 kills or so on GH more often then not..its all about how you play and what ya like..
    Yes..over NINE THOUSAND!!

also..Consider Ham as an option.

Is he fun? Yes. Is he worth the buy? No.

He's the worst enforcer in the game right now. Mecha Superman? Mini-stun, knock up, silence, path blocking, healing/stat aura. Atomic Poison Ivy? Root, ridiculous AoE slow, stat aura that makes teamates invisible. Wonder Woman? Shielding teamates, stun, giant AoE taunt.

Atrocitus? 1 second taunt that doesn't even do damage and a mediocre slow on a fairly long cooldown. That's it. I feel helpless in terms of saving teamates with him vs. the other enforcers, people just ignore him. His W is also the biggest pile of trash in terms of damage reduction. 2,3,4, and 5 as a base value. Like....why Turbine? I suppose they made an authentic character, because at least I feel rage when playing him.

I just don't understand the logic behind him, honestly. Were Turbine thinking since he does decent damage when built tanky, he shouldn't have too much CC? Just make him a bruiser then.
    Last edited by TeaSeeOh; 06-16-2014 at 01:12 AM.

Protector

Quote Originally Posted by TeaSeeOh View Post
    Is he fun? Yes. Is he worth the buy? No.

He's the worst enforcer in the game right now. Mecha Superman? Mini-stun, knock up, silence, path blocking, healing/stat aura. Atomic Poison Ivy? Root, ridiculous AoE slow, stat aura that makes teamates invisible. Wonder Woman? Shielding teamates, stun, giant AoE taunt.

Atrocitus? 1 second taunt that doesn't even do damage and a mediocre slow on a fairly long cooldown. That's it. I feel helpless in terms of saving teamates with him vs. the other enforcers, people just ignore him. His W is also the biggest pile of trash in terms of damage reduction. 2,3,4, and 5 as a base value. Like....why Turbine? I suppose they made an authentic character, because at least I feel rage when playing him.

I just don't understand the logic behind him, honestly. Were Turbine thinking since he does decent damage when built tanky, he shouldn't have too much CC? Just make him a bruiser then.
    I'm getting really annoyed at them releasing champions that suck. Blue beetle is trash and now atrocitus, Sinestro is ok. But the older champions are way better.

Community Advocate CH4_BrianFantana's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Firezen View Post
    I'm getting really annoyed at them releasing champions that suck. Blue beetle is trash and now atrocitus, Sinestro is ok. But the older champions are way better.
    While I think Blue Beetle isn't as capable as some of the other marksmen, I think it is completely unfair to group him with Atrocitus. Blue Beetle can at least hold his own against some of the other marksmen, Atrocitus isn't even playing the same game as the other Enforcers.
    Formerly Known as Hammerreborn

Come watch me at my Twitch Stream. I'm a community streamer, and I currently give away free swag every Friday and Sunday nights. Come for the swag, stay for the IC and Comics.

You can see up to date updates about times and giveaways and other events at my thread found here.

You stay classy Ron Burgandy

Quote Originally Posted by hammerreborn View Post
    While I think Blue Beetle isn't as capable as some of the other marksmen, I think it is completely unfair to group him with Atrocitus. Blue Beetle can at least hold his own against some of the other marksmen, Atrocitus isn't even playing the same game as the other Enforcers.
    Atrocitus is playing the right game.

So many people drinking Haterade around here, he is a perfecty fine champ. The guy is annoying as hell to deal with, and being able to pull people back to him is huge. He is a great team fight monster and is seriously more reliable than Mecha Superman. The long Atrocitus can stay alive the more AOE damage he puts out, he forces people to run back and has a team wide amp.

I'm not sure what game people are playing where they expect Atroc to 1v1 stomp people, but ya'll need to get out of the mind set that Enforcers have to be balls to the wall megalock down DPS fiends.
    Sinestro Corps Member

@lyri
    o
    n

f
    f

n
    o

Quote Originally Posted by JLA-Lyri View Post

So many people drinking Haterade around here, he is a perfecty fine champ. The guy is annoying as hell to deal with, and being able to pull people back to him is huge. He is a great team fight monster and is seriously more reliable than Mecha Superman. The long Atrocitus can stay alive the more AOE damage he puts out, he forces people to run back and has a team wide amp.

I'm not sure what game people are playing where they expect Atroc to 1v1 stomp people, but ya'll need to get out of the mind set that Enforcers have to be balls to the wall megalock down DPS fiends.
    You say Atrocitus does good AoE damage the longer he stays alive(if he's the target focus btw, him just attempting to do damage by himself is awful), and then say that people are in the wrong mindset that Enforcers have to have good DPS. That's the thing, that's all Atrocitus really brings. Meh AoE damage....IF he's being attacked. He doesn't have the lock down, CC, peel, or utility that the other enforcers have. Which is what an enforcer is for.

He falls off incredibly hard late game as well, as he has nothing that really scales off primary enforcer stats(armor or health). He also gives up damage for his taunt/CC, which none of the other enforcers suffer from.

He's very much a mediocre champ. You can do well with him, for sure, but he just doesn't do anything else better that others can't achieve.

Quote Originally Posted by TeaSeeOh View Post
    You say Atrocitus does good AoE damage the longer he stays alive(if he's the target focus btw, him just attempting to do damage by himself is awful), and then say that people are in the wrong mindset that Enforcers have to have good DPS. That's the thing, that's all Atrocitus really brings. Meh AoE damage....IF he's being attacked. He doesn't have the lock down, CC, peel, or utility that the other enforcers have. Which is what an enforcer is for.

He falls off incredibly hard late game as well, as he has nothing that really scales off primary enforcer stats(armor or health). He also gives up damage for his taunt/CC, which none of the other enforcers suffer from.

He's very much a mediocre champ. You can do well with him, for sure, but he just doesn't do anything else better that others can't achieve.
    I think you're being overly critical.
    He is an incredible team fight bully, with the ability to negate any escapes you have with Overwhelming rage - a simple point and click skill. Against other disables like Lasso, Grab, Mecha drill stun, those can miss and even when they hit, they do less because you're free to run. Atrocitus forces you to stand there for a second at least.
    What he personally lacks in damage, he makes up for with his aoe and the increase in damage output his team gets from Plasma wave.
    A free 15% extra damage is nothing to turn your nose up at, no other enforcer has that either, I'd love to see Atrocitus run Fates lance too and watch people explode once they get vomited on.

He is a great team fight utlity champ.
    Sinestro Corps Member

@lyri
    o
    n

f
    f

n
    o

Community Advocate CH4_BrianFantana's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JLA-Lyri View Post

Except for the fact that every other enforcer can hold their own in a 1v1 setting (i mean look at late game gas joker, you need entire teams to bring him down when built right), unlike every other Enforcer, Atrocitus ONLY SCALES WITH DAMAGE.

If he can't be a "balls to the wall" DPS fiend, he's failing at the only thing he's built to do. He doesn't get stronger by going tanky (unlike every other Enforcer), he doesn't get stronger when getting more health (unlike every other enforcer), and his "amazing damage" as you put it, can only be up ~1/3 of the time in the best of situations, and entirely dependent on a hard to generate resource that requires the enemy to focus you first and can be easily spent using an entirely useless taunt or an AoE slow that might not even hit more than one target.

Atrocitus is built as the damage enforcer, yet he does THE WORST damage of the bunch, without question, while also completely lacking the CC and allied protection the others bring.

In a team fight, if ignored (as he should), his passive won't even go off. 0 damage is great damage, you're right. And even if he is attacked, it does 100 damage every 2 seconds. Whoopdedo. WW can do more damage than that every swing with an over 50% uptime.

The only thing he brings to the fight is his ult, and that's not worth losing all the other benefits the other enforcers bring.

BB is meant to be an ADC carry, and while he may be a bit weaker than the other marksmen at it, at least has the same general principles.

Atrocitus is meant to do damage, the exact opposite of Enforcers, and only becomes weaker by becoming tankier.

I also can't believe you would say that Atrocitus is more reliable than Mecha Superman, who can separate enemies from their team or yours for easy ganks/escapes, can knock down and silence in aoe, and provide a massive health regen buff by merely being in the team fight.
    Formerly Known as Hammerreborn

Come watch me at my Twitch Stream. I'm a community streamer, and I currently give away free swag every Friday and Sunday nights. Come for the swag, stay for the IC and Comics.

You can see up to date updates about times and giveaways and other events at my thread found here.

You stay classy Ron Burgandy