Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Is Atrocious worth the buy?

Quote Originally Posted by hammerreborn View Post
    I also can't believe you would say that Atrocitus is more reliable than Mecha Superman, who can separate enemies from their team or yours for easy ganks/escapes, can knock down and silence in aoe, and provide a massive health regen buff by merely being in the team fight.
    It is very easy to say.

Wall is worthless, don't even try to defend it.

Only reliable stun he has is his lance, the rest is avoidable. Please don't say that makes him a top contender for Enforcers, if it was instant and always knocked up then we'd talk but it isn't.

I've been playing a lot of Robin (the apparent worst hero in the game) and it is a lot harder to fight against Atrocitus than it is Mecha supes.
    Sinestro Corps Member

@lyri
    o
    n

f
    f

n
    o

Protector

Quote Originally Posted by JLA-Lyri View Post
    Atrocitus is playing the right game.

So many people drinking Haterade around here, he is a perfecty fine champ. The guy is annoying as hell to deal with, and being able to pull people back to him is huge. He is a great team fight monster and is seriously more reliable than Mecha Superman. The long Atrocitus can stay alive the more AOE damage he puts out, he forces people to run back and has a team wide amp.

I'm not sure what game people are playing where they expect Atroc to 1v1 stomp people, but ya'll need to get out of the mind set that Enforcers have to be balls to the wall megalock down DPS fiends.
    His ratios are horrible so he becomes useless late game. And every single game goes late because it's impossible to push.

Quote Originally Posted by Firezen View Post
    His ratios are horrible so he becomes useless late game. And every single game goes late because it's impossible to push.
    15% extra damage always stays relevant - it scales as much as his team does.

100% guaranteed positional changes are always relevant.

Scaling be damned, he offers a lot.
    Sinestro Corps Member

@lyri
    o
    n

f
    f

n
    o

Community Advocate CH4_BrianFantana's Avatar

It is very easy to say.

Wall is worthless, don't even try to defend it.

Only reliable stun he has is his lance, the rest is avoidable. Please don't say that makes him a top contender for Enforcers, if it was instant and always knocked up then we'd talk but it isn't.

I've been playing a lot of Robin (the apparent worst hero in the game) and it is a lot harder to fight against Atrocitus than it is Mecha supes.
    The fact that you think wall is worthless explains so much why you think atrocitus is good.

I also never said he was top Enforcer. But he offers far more to the roll than Atrocitus can ever dream of.
    Formerly Known as Hammerreborn

Come watch me at my Twitch Stream. I'm a community streamer, and I currently give away free swag every Friday and Sunday nights. Come for the swag, stay for the IC and Comics.

You can see up to date updates about times and giveaways and other events at my thread found here.

You stay classy Ron Burgandy

I'll admit right off the bat, Atrocitous is a very enforcer enforcer type of character. That's not a typo. He's very health/armor dependent, but his gank ability and his ability to combo with many champs is phenomenal. That said, I think he's worth the purchase.
    - Krypton is for Lovers -

The fact that you think wall is worthless explains so much why you think atrocitus is good.

I also never said he was top Enforcer. But he offers far more to the roll than Atrocitus can ever dream of.
    When you can jump right through the wall, it kind of is.

I'm not sure why you think it is all that great.
    Sinestro Corps Member

@lyri
    o
    n

f
    f

n
    o

When you can jump right through the wall, it kind of is.

I'm not sure why you think it is all that great.
    And all of those same heroes can easily escape atrocitus using the same ability, since the wall has a longer range than the taunt. So I'm not sure what your point is. Enemies with escape mechanisms can escape (though anything that can't go through terrain can't go through the wall either afaik).

The wall also lasts 3 times as long as the taunt, and doesn't require 50 rage to use.

Mecha Superman is also a million times more tanky than Atrocitus from just his passive alone.
    Last edited by hammerreborn; 06-16-2014 at 05:18 PM.

Come watch me at my Twitch Stream. I'm a community streamer, and I currently give away free swag every Friday and Sunday nights. Come for the swag, stay for the IC and Comics.

You can see up to date updates about times and giveaways and other events at my thread found here.

And all of those same heroes can easily escape atrocitus using the same ability, since the wall has a longer range than the taunt. So I'm not sure what your point is. Enemies with escape mechanisms can escape (though anything that can't go through terrain can't go through the wall either afaik).

The wall also lasts 3 times as long as the taunt, and doesn't require 50 rage to use.

Mecha Superman is also a million times more tanky than Atrocitus from just his passive alone.
    Atrocitus also has a lot of speed, he probably needs looking at in that area because he is freakishly quick.

You can escape sure but if he gets in range, he will pull you back guaranteed. The wall is just a minor block, it doesn't weigh up to things like WWs lasso or AtomicGLs grab, positional tools are huge in every stage of the game.
    Its forcing you to escape twice.

The wall you just go around it.

World of difference.
    Sinestro Corps Member

@lyri
    o
    n

f
    f

n
    o

Atrocitus also has a lot of speed, he probably needs looking at in that area because he is freakishly quick.

You can escape sure but if he gets in range, he will pull you back guaranteed. The wall is just a minor block, it doesn't weigh up to things like WWs lasso or AtomicGLs grab, positional tools are huge in every stage of the game.
    Its forcing you to escape twice.

The wall you just go around it.

World of difference.
    Atrocitus is barely faster than mecha. By 2 movespeed base I believe.

And if they try and go around the wall they get knocked up from W for 1s, meaning the delay from the wall and the knockup still gives you more CC than the taunt, that once again, you need to be hit enough to even be able to do in the first place. And in any chase/escape having to run around the wall takes far longer than a straight line.

In all fights mecha superman can run in and wall. Atrocitus can not. In all chases, mecha superman can wall, Atrocitus can not.
    Last edited by hammerreborn; 06-16-2014 at 05:57 PM.

In all fights mecha superman can run in and wall. Atrocitus can not.
    Because there is no way to prep rage?

Come on now.

We'll just agree to disagree here.
    Sinestro Corps Member

@lyri
    o
    n

f
    f

n
    o