Joining Harmony

Does atrocitus' basic attacks during his E taunt grant him rage?

so every basic attack he does is supposed to give him 5 rage, and his E enrage forces him and the enemy do duel at max attack speed for 1.1s. that means that he gets 3 basic attacks during this time which should generate him 15 rage over the duration. however he does not seem to gain this rage and i saw on the forums the other day that his E enrage doesnt apply on-hit effects (which is also why Blue Scarab sucks on him).

is he not gaining the 15 rage from enraged E because it is an on hit effect?

Community Advocate CH4_BrianFantana's Avatar

Re: Does atrocitus' basic attacks during his E taunt grant him rage?

Quote Originally Posted by m1lfr3d View Post
    so every basic attack he does is supposed to give him 5 rage, and his E enrage forces him and the enemy do duel at max attack speed for 1.1s. that means that he gets 3 basic attacks during this time which should generate him 15 rage over the duration. however he does not seem to gain this rage and i saw on the forums the other day that his E enrage doesnt apply on-hit effects (which is also why Blue Scarab sucks on him).

Shouldn't it be 5 attacks? Isn't the max speed .2 according to the mouse over tooltip?
    Formerly Known as Hammerreborn

Come watch me at my Twitch Stream. I'm a community streamer, and I currently give away free swag every Friday and Sunday nights. Come for the swag, stay for the IC and Comics.

You can see up to date updates about times and giveaways and other events at my thread found here.

You stay classy Ron Burgandy

Quote Originally Posted by m1lfr3d View Post

No, he doesn't get 5 per hit. I checked it earlier.

He is gaining rage but he isn't getting what he should be, I think he gets 2.
    Sinestro Corps Member

@lyri
    o
    n

f
    f

n
    o

Quote Originally Posted by JLA-Lyri View Post
    No, he doesn't get 5 per hit. I checked it earlier.

He is gaining rage but he isn't getting what he should be, I think he gets 2.
    He gets 5 every 2 hits. 2, and then 3.

Come watch me at my Twitch Stream. I'm a community streamer, and I currently give away free swag every Friday and Sunday nights. Come for the swag, stay for the IC and Comics.

You can see up to date updates about times and giveaways and other events at my thread found here.

Joining Harmony

Quote Originally Posted by hammerreborn View Post
    Shouldn't it be 5 attacks? Isn't the max speed .2 according to the mouse over tooltip?
    well look at it this way...mac attack speed is 3.0 and he can force taunt for 1.1 seconds. doing the math would lead it out to 3.3 basic attacks in the time span of the ability. rounding down makes it 3.

Quote Originally Posted by hammerreborn View Post
    He gets 5 every 2 hits. 2, and then 3.
    So are you saying it is bugged or not?

RED LANTERN'S RAGE (PASSIVE)

Atrocitus gains 5 Rage when he Basic Attacks or when damaged by enemies. He becomes Enraged at 50 or more Rage, adding bonus effects to his basic skills, which then cost 50 Rage to use. After 10 seconds without gaining Rage, 2.5 Rage will be lost per second.
    That to me looks like he gets 5 every hit.
    Sinestro Corps Member

@lyri
    o
    n

f
    f

n
    o

Protector

When they hit him it doesn't proc his passive either.

Quote Originally Posted by JLA-Lyri View Post
    So are you saying it is bugged or not?

That to me looks like he gets 5 every hit.
    I said he's getting half. 2 then 3, 5 every 2 hits. Not 2 every hit.

Considering Harmony

Shouldn't he get 3 x 5 for hitting the target + 3 x 5 for taking damage from the target?

Joining Harmony

Quote Originally Posted by DINGbat777 View Post
    Shouldn't he get 3 x 5 for hitting the target + 3 x 5 for taking damage from the target?
    yes you are right. and as far as i can tell he does get the 3x5 from getting hit, but he doesnt get the 3x5 from hitting. thats what makes me think its an on-hit thing.