Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time in que?

Time in que?

Hi guys,need answer for this one.Why are que so long?Is there no players or there is to much players and we must wait for game?Sorry for my bad English,its not my natural.Best regards.

Re: Time in que?

small player pool, and an imbalance of high and low level players. Also depends on the time of day, if you are play during peak hours you should have lower queue times.

Can you tell me what are peak hours and when are they in Europe?Tnx

Quote Originally Posted by KratkoCebe View Post
    Can you tell me what are peak hours and when are they in Europe?Tnx
    I'd guess they're around 6pm-11pm GMT on week days.

Thank you guys

The que is getting worse and worse. My friend and i have waited over a half hour for one game, while during game peak hours. I would rather be matched up with people who are on a different skill level then you are then have to wait that long. And i'm also seeing a ton of dodgeing during hero picks... the penalty should be much higher to try and discourage it.

Quote Originally Posted by TDJ-ilovekira View Post
    The que is getting worse and worse. My friend and i have waited over a half hour for one game, while during game peak hours. I would rather be matched up with people who are on a different skill level then you are then have to wait that long. And i'm also seeing a ton of dodgeing during hero picks... the penalty should be much higher to try and discourage it.
    It is also an issue with matchmaking itself as I have seen people from my friendlist get 2 games (get one, finish, then another) without me getting one, 1 level difference, queuing same map as solo (I asked him).

do they match make from the protectrate level or do they do it based on the k/d ratio?

I personally prefer having to wait a long time and getting a halfway decent match up to these random matches i've been seeing lately where who wins or loses is mostly determined by who got the biggest "deer in the headlights" player.

It's not even that these guys are bad, they're just getting matched outta their depths and don't understand what's going on around them.

Playing this game for me is a constant fight between how much i LOVE the concept of it and how frustrating and unfun the small player base and uneven matchmaking makes it.

I've been trying to get back into it lately but it's so damn hard.

do they match make from the protectrate level or do they do it based on the k/d ratio?
    None of the above, it's a matchmaking rating kinda thing... or it's done with a Ouija board, hard to tell from the results.

Senior Software Engineer Admin_Phax's Avatar

It is a combination of protector level and Elo (a type of skill level rating).

Everyone above level 25 or so is matched in the same tier (protector level doesn't matter anymore, except to exclude you from lower level players). At that point matches are made purely on Elo, and on group size.