Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: The Walking Superman

No-no , i was talking about the W attack, the shield attack, make her use her bracers instead if that star spangles thing, although its nice but i've never seen her use something like that, about the ult, you're right, she looks like she's going apes & dancing, also I keep it for multiple targets, which also makes me question that uses her bracers in that because she's taunting them with her sword & shield as it can be heard & seen pretty much, i really don't notice the bracers, she would look so awesome if she uses them in her W to rush to the target & apply that.There are two more things-

1. That Lasso - Hera knows how much it misses the target at crucial times, dear god its bothersome maybe its the animation speed or whatever even on self-cast it misses.

2. The Costume - Merciful Minerva make her the pants & jacket costume form the New 52, don't know if you guys are already on it, since you tend to surprise at times but I guess it'll look amazing & you have my money

Quote Originally Posted by Floon View Post
    The next step here is for Redbird4 to say, "Classic Superman, not Clark Kent," and this becomes flamey. Let's short-circuit that.

Classic Superman will fly like New 52 Superman. "Revealed" Superman costumes will fly, Clark Kent, as a "secret identity", will run. That's the logic for what we're planning to do, and I'm sticking to it.

This doesn't mean that any other "secret identity" costumes we do will have a similar different set of animations, btw. We're doing this because the "secret identity" anims are already done and they work. We're not going to do different anim sets for most costumes. We can't support that as a standard process.
    when was that revealed??? i can't find anything legit on the net.

Quote Originally Posted by sofitas27 View Post
    When was what revealed ? Please specify your question.

Quote Originally Posted by sofitas27 View Post
    Floon is legit, and incidentally on the net.
    #1 Scrub NA
    Good luck, have bacon.

Considering Harmony

4. But, coupling #2 and #3 together, we've got some strategies now to make flying characters feel better. Not going into the nuts and bolts of it, but we now have some ways to add some more interest to the locomotions of the flying characters, so that they don't feel like they're riding an invisible train, or feel like a cork on the waves.

7. Animation is never over, and polish is never over. As with everything, we will always go back and improve things and add to the quality of the game where we can, while also adding the new things that the game still needs.
    Does this mean you will fix Sinestro? I'm sorry but his animations just look plain odd. I'd rather have him walking at this point, lol.

Considering Harmony

I HAVE THE SOLUTION TO GIVE FLYING TO ALL FLYABLE CHARACTERS!!

Regular movement uses Walk/run animation

Superspeed type stolen powers = Fly animations

Speed pods on gotham heights = Fly animations

Now superman can fly when hes moving fast, and when he slows down he goes back to walking! everybody wins!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate26 View Post
    I HAVE THE SOLUTION TO GIVE FLYING TO ALL FLYABLE CHARACTERS!!

Regular movement uses Walk/run animation

Superspeed type stolen powers = Fly animations

Speed pods on gotham heights = Fly animations

Now superman can fly when hes moving fast, and when he slows down he goes back to walking! everybody wins!
    That solution can be expressed as, "Give all flying characters 2x the number of animations a regular character needs," which isn't really a supportable idea. Plus, there are additional complexities involving transitioning between states that make it really not worth the whuppin'.

Our solution involves "improving flying character anims" which will be worth it.

That solution can be expressed as, "Give all flying characters 2x the number of animations a regular character needs," which isn't really a supportable idea. Plus, there are additional complexities involving transitioning between states that make it really not worth the whuppin'.

Our solution involves "improving flying character anims" which will be worth it.
    Putting forth the effort for something minor as that is without a doubt asking for much. However, it pays off as it shows attention to detail. I realize you guys aren't as big a company as Riot, but League of Legends employs the very same idea behind movement speed changing character animations(see Syndra and Zed). DotA2 is even doing a similar idea, as when a character gets low enough on health they start slumping/limping. Little things like that really bring the game to life.

Granted, I am probably one of the few people that actually appreciate the Superman walking animation. It shows the humble thought process of Clark, it DOES appear more visually appealing and impactful when he lands a hit(as opposed to Shazam and Supergirl), and it gives weight to his ultimate(the whole "I'm done holding back" and then he flies full speed at his enemy).

I trust the animations will be awesome and count myself lucky for having 2 supermans with different animations.

I do have a favor to ask a bit unrelated but kind of related. Could we have a new champion spotlight once the animations are done? You know.. with more tips and awesome plays and awesome animations and music and stuff? I am a real sucker for those lol.

I like the walking Superman. He does look menacing and it's like he's saying : "Sure I can fly, but I'll walk anyway and still kick you ***" :P