Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Turrets are worthless...

They have been, since I started playing, but as of late they don't even seem to be able to kill a squishy.

If I have fewer HP than an opponent, I leave the turret, because it simply doesn't help enough. Competent opponents know this, and they abuse it.

The damage seems to be fine, but the response time from the turrets has been a joke since I started playing. Please fix this.

I don't think that a squishy should be able to hold a point against 3 opponents, but I do think that a squishy on their own turret v. a squishy pushing that turret should have an actual advantage.

It's too easy to get damage in early and get a kill on an opponent's turret or chase them off and cap it.

Please fix this. This isn't the first time that this has been complained about.
    V3G3TA: "Im pretty confident about my member...probly why I use Ham, and focus on the W, not the kdr...big guy thrwin his meat around sayin stuff. one really understands...with hair fom the 80 s...yep.. that ham makes me feel li myself"

Re: Turrets are worthless...

GH or GD ?

Quote Originally Posted by KFAL-HeroLuna View Post
    GH or GD ?
    Really? Posted in the GH subforum...pretty sure that you can figure it out.
    V3G3TA: "Im pretty confident about my member...probly why I use Ham, and focus on the W, not the kdr...big guy thrwin his meat around sayin stuff. one really understands...with hair fom the 80 s...yep.. that ham makes me feel li myself"

Quote Originally Posted by Xoulrath View Post
    Really? Posted in the GH subforum...pretty sure that you can figure it out.
    Sorry, didn't pay attention to that, no need to be condescending about it.

Despite our thing, I gotta agree that the turrets are essentially useless, especially since i can get poked down easily and it's really stupid, even in a 2v3 fight.
    Azarath Metrion Zinthos!

I used to tell people to fight on their points to defend them but I quickly realised that it'll just get you killed if you stay on it.
    I get that one person standing on it shouldn't be able to hold off 4 of the enemy but the turret gives no benefit really to trying to defend.
    Maybe the turret should offer some healing and the healing objects get moved away from the points?
    Don't let common sense stop you.
    "They say I'm fearless, but actually I'm very afraid. Of getting beat. Of backing down. Of chickening out. That fear just blows all the others away."

had a game last night half health gas bat fighting a full health enemy superman , kited his *** so hard that gas bat manage to kill him with a quarter of health left i loled really hard.

then there was a game poor enforcers or support simply get bumps off point just because the enemy champ is a marksman or worse blaster that fight under the turret , but it derped somehow and the enforcers or support dying instead when getting dived, only exception i see is harley not falling for that kinda turret poo.

I feel that early game it is beneficial to fight on the point since at low level everyone has less health so a hit or two from the turret can turn the tide of the battle. But late game its definitely not worth fighting on a point since the turrets don't scale with player's levels. In my opinion either make the turrets scale more appropriately with champions level or as Shaithiz mentioned, add a health buff/regen or something similar to the turret

They may not be what they were, but they're still deadly provided you get a stun on the enemy that decides to dive it. I've survived more than a few fights because of a turret. Regardless, they're getting beefed up some in the next patch anyway.

This thread really reminded me of a situation. I played as a blue beatle and the guy on my team insulted me for not holding the point against two bruiser oponents. Like it's possible to survive two champions under a turret. I don't say that you should easily hold as a ranger (or any other class) against overwhelming opponent numbers, but even one enemy sometimes is a problem, when you've got half hp and he has full. So it mostly just more wise to fall back, get reinforcements and retake the point.

It's good to hear that turrets will probably get better somewhere in future.