Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1
    Protector Godman873's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Earth-3
    Posts
    233

    Exclamation Post-patch mod feedback

    Specifically item mods... its a bit annoying when I have a mod that gets drastically changed, in this case it is abin sur changing from 2 extra stacks per coin to the risky 2 extra stacks per hero kill... Would there be a way for us to be able to switch the mod for another mod on the same item? It is really annoying to have to regrind favor for a mod that is more favorable than the one you're using.

    I know this sounds kind of spoiled given that its beta and everything is subject to change.. but perhaps we could get a refund for a mod that gets completely overhauled/be able to swap out for another more favorable mod on the same item (or even one of equal value if there is one)

    I fully understand this may or may not be possible but it would be something that I know I would appreciate.

    (and before you bring up league of legends rune pages, its not that similar. In league they very rarely completely change the functionality of a rune.)

  2. #2
    Protector Shaithiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    JHB - Feeding Pigeons
    Posts
    228

    Re: Post-patch mod feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by Godman873 View Post
    Specifically item mods... its a bit annoying when I have a mod that gets drastically changed, in this case it is abin sur changing from 2 extra stacks per coin to the risky 2 extra stacks per hero kill... Would there be a way for us to be able to switch the mod for another mod on the same item? It is really annoying to have to regrind favor for a mod that is more favorable than the one you're using.

    I know this sounds kind of spoiled given that its beta and everything is subject to change.. but perhaps we could get a refund for a mod that gets completely overhauled/be able to swap out for another more favorable mod on the same item (or even one of equal value if there is one)

    I fully understand this may or may not be possible but it would be something that I know I would appreciate.

    (and before you bring up league of legends rune pages, its not that similar. In league they very rarely completely change the functionality of a rune.)
    It would probably be a good idea to have a refund/resale option. Using a mod to buy another one to gain a discount on the price of the new one. That way "useless" mods can be traded and players don't feel like buying a mod is a risk.

    It's like right now I'm not buying certain champs because they may become useless in balancing passes (like I had happen with Robin) so I'd prefer to wait and even then I might just grab them on sale just because I like them. Mods I have stopped buying as well as items are all over the place again and I'm not really in the league where I need to grok the Meta. Currently I just follow what pro's are doing and tweak it to suit me. Taking some of that risk away gives me incentive to spend again.
    Don't let common sense stop you.
    "They say I'm fearless, but actually I'm very afraid. Of getting beat. Of backing down. Of chickening out. That fear just blows all the others away."

  3. #3

    Re: Post-patch mod feedback

    I dont see the need for item refunds...as I plan on buying all mods and champs anyhow...

    BTW. the use of the word Grok is fantastic..Heinlen is fantastic aswell..
    Yes..over NINE THOUSAND!!

    also..Consider Ham as an option.

  4. #4
    Community Advocate CH4_BrianFantana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,628

    Re: Post-patch mod feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by V3G3TA View Post
    I dont see the need for item refunds...as I plan on buying all mods and champs anyhow...

    BTW. the use of the word Grok is fantastic..Heinlen is fantastic aswell..
    It makes sense to do it though, for any mod that has been removed.

    For instance, my accelerated ASL got changed to 2 stacks a kill will harvest. Everyone knows that the best harvest keyword is the 45s one, and would have much preferred to get that one instead.

    I wouldn't refund a mod that gave 150 will and now gives 200, or in the future might give 175.

    I'm not even sure what happened to my capacity mod. I'm assuming that got changed to a 45s version but I haven't checked.
    Formerly Known as Hammerreborn

    Come watch me at my Twitch Stream. I'm a community streamer, and I currently give away free swag every Friday and Sunday nights. Come for the swag, stay for the IC and Comics.

    You can see up to date updates about times and giveaways and other events at my thread found here.

    You stay classy Ron Burgandy

  5. #5
    Protector
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    622

    Re: Post-patch mod feedback

    What seems more objectionable I think is that Capacity @1200 merit got changed to Overclocked which is only 800 merit.

  6. #6
    Community Advocate CH4_BrianFantana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,628

    Re: Post-patch mod feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by Volandum View Post
    What seems more objectionable I think is that Capacity @1200 merit got changed to Overclocked which is only 800 merit.
    That too.

    /10 char
    Formerly Known as Hammerreborn

    Come watch me at my Twitch Stream. I'm a community streamer, and I currently give away free swag every Friday and Sunday nights. Come for the swag, stay for the IC and Comics.

    You can see up to date updates about times and giveaways and other events at my thread found here.

    You stay classy Ron Burgandy

  7. #7
    Protector Wurm_king's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    phantom zone
    Posts
    2,567

    Re: Post-patch mod feedback

    I am sure that some where in the player agreement there is language that boils down to: this is a beta buyer beware.

    I think that if they are not going to give us refunds for gaslight batman after they made him free, they certainly wont for a mod
    Last edited by Wurm_king; 06-26-2014 at 03:44 PM.

  8. #8
    Protector Godman873's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Earth-3
    Posts
    233

    Re: Post-patch mod feedback

    I fully understand the 'its beta thing' and I am not trying to say refund, just throwing out ideas, because its really annoying to buy one mod than have it change into something you really don't like... only for those rare instances where the mod completely changes from A to B do I believe we should just be able to repick the mod rather than get the 'appropriate' one shoved onto us. I was just throwing out ideas. not complaining, just saying the idea that a mod's effect can completely change from one effect to another (specially if you don't like the new version) is a bit disheartening because I don't like having to buy a more favorable mod for an item that I had already modded.
    Last edited by Godman873; 06-26-2014 at 03:31 PM.

  9. #9
    Community Advocate CH4_BrianFantana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,628

    Re: Post-patch mod feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by Wurm_king View Post
    I am sure that some where in the player agreement there is language that boils down to: this is a beta buyer be ware.

    I think that if they are not going to give us refunds for gaslight batman after they made him free, they certainly wont for a mod
    Champions don't disappear though.

    If they deleted aquaman from the game after the bug rather than fixing him, your analogy would be correct. And I'm pretty sure in that case you would agree that you would have a valid case to get your merit back.
    Formerly Known as Hammerreborn

    Come watch me at my Twitch Stream. I'm a community streamer, and I currently give away free swag every Friday and Sunday nights. Come for the swag, stay for the IC and Comics.

    You can see up to date updates about times and giveaways and other events at my thread found here.

    You stay classy Ron Burgandy

  10. #10
    Protector Wurm_king's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    phantom zone
    Posts
    2,567

    Re: Post-patch mod feedback

    but they did not delete the mods either. my mod for abin sur's lantern has gone form two stacks per use, to two stacks per coin, to two stacks per 45 seconds. he would have a point if he had to repurchase the mod but he did not, he just has a different mod.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •