@lyri
    o
    n

f
    f

n
    o

Re: Dawngate

Are you enjoying it Lyri? I find it very fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega-tron View Post
    Are you enjoying it Lyri? I find it very fun.
    Incredibly fun.

The game play was a little daunting to me at first, I'm very much a purist when it comes to mobas - I like traditional 3 lane maps. Capture modes like GH whilst fun, do not make me think of competitive but strike me as more fun/casual based.
    The game has honestly blown me away, through art style, originality and innovation.

I thought I'd hate 2 lanes but I love it, games can go on for 20 minutes or 40 minutes. Items are incredibly fun, not all of them are unique but you get some fun items and incredible combos. You could do an on hit build for ranged if you like, chain lightning, flaming explosions, three targets it (all procing the other two on hits).
    Basically you can be JULY 4th - the ADC.
    Stats are uniformed so there is no confusion on who is PD or AD, it is just flat power for damage. Which makes it kind of fun. You basically pick up items for stats you need and then check their passive for useful utility.

They also implemented a capture point system that when they unlock (after 15 mins in every game) capping a point changes how much gold your team generates passively, as you can imagine taking all 4 points is great/ a must. The buff boss (think Roshan/Baron) is called Parasite and gives you mega creeps for both lanes and a small stat buff.

The reward system is -phenomenal-.
    After the match everyone votes on who gets Karma, a single match point system. People grant you karma if they feel you have been a positive force in the game or personality.
    The next screen tallies how well you did, i'm going to copy a reddit comment because I asked how this worked earlier and it was a great response.

At the end of each game you gain points based off of certain things.
    1. the random roll. It's just a random roll that has nothing to do with the game
    2. the game itself. You get 200 points for a win, and 1 point for every minute the game went on (max 50 and regardless if win or loss)
    3. if you won you get a bonus 100 points if it's your first win of the day
    4. Karma, at the end of each game you can karma the rest of the people in the game. You gain points based on how many people karma'd you (don't know the exact number).
    Then based on those results you get a certain prize. the higher the thing, the better the prize.
    The points add up to PRIZES from a "chest"- your in game currency added (destiny) and items like Spirit stones (i'll explain these in a moment) and sparks (think runes).
    The more points you get the bigger the prize - Common, Astral, Exhalted, Divine.

If you happen to get a divine, you have the potential to unlock a skin/champion. I unlocked 2 from today alone.

Spirit stones are like jigsaw pieces that you have to put spark stones into - spark stones are basically runes, spirit stones are kind of like torn up rune pages.
    If you put the appropriate color spark stones in the slot, you get the bonus - some of them are larger pieces that once you fill give you no stat bonus but a natural passive.

The whole game has been an incredible experience and I've only been playing for 4 days now. The community is mostly nice, a lot of frustration from new players but that is to be expected.
    It is also an origin based game, you only need an account and not the origin client to log in.
    Sinestro Corps Member

@lyri
    o
    n

f
    f

n
    o

Community Advocate

Hey Lyri! I saw you on reddit recently for Dawngate! I'm on the VexX Dawngate team now so I play Dawngate a ton now. Feel free to add me IGN: VexX_Mystagen

Quote Originally Posted by VexX_Mystagen View Post
    Hey Lyri! I saw you on reddit recently for Dawngate! I'm on the VexX Dawngate team now so I play Dawngate a ton now. Feel free to add me IGN: VexX_Mystagen
    Hey man!
    I saw your name and I knew it was you when I watched a vodd. I'll add you post haste!
    Sinestro Corps Member

@lyri
    o
    n

f
    f

n
    o

I play, same name as here just without the s at the end.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/JestersmilesStream

http://www.twitch.tv/jestersmiles

R.I.P Main AD Harley Main tank API Back Up Tank Atomic Green lantern

Main Bruiser Super Girl

Have been playing Dawngate since closed beta, extremely fun game which can be superbly intense. being pubstomped and suffered heavy losses to a point where you thought you were fighting a lost cause until suddenly your team is making an incredible comeback due to working together and the enemy team over reaching/ making mistakes which finally leads to a surprising win is extremely satisfying and happens more often than one would think in Dawngate.

Since Dawngate im also officially done with three lanes, 2 lane + jungle is where the fun is!

Same nick as here (Nafraq) though atm I planning on playing this game to familiarize with the champions as well as having fun in both GH and CC but when ppl like ill join in on some games in dawngate

is there a web site that has the basics of the items on it similar to dawnbase for infinite crisis? because I tried playing and got my butt handed to me in a way that has not happened since I started playing games, and I felt bad for my team mates because I did the worst out of everyone.
    Last edited by Wurm_king; 07-03-2014 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wurm_king View Post
    is there a web site that has the basics of the items on it similar to dawnbase for infinite crisis? because I tried playing and got my butt handed to me in a way that has not happened since I started playing games, and I felt bad for my team mates because I did the worst out of everyone.
    I can't remember it right now but you could always just set up a custom match and look at items.

I'll try remember the link for the guides.'
    Sinestro Corps Member

@lyri
    o
    n

f
    f

n
    o

Quote Originally Posted by Wurm_king View Post
    http://www.moba-champion.com/guides/view.php?id=358
    https://www.youtube.com/user/JestersmilesStream

http://www.twitch.tv/jestersmiles

R.I.P Main AD Harley Main tank API Back Up Tank Atomic Green lantern

Main Bruiser Super Girl