Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dawngate

Re: Dawngate

i didn't like it found it boring, couldn't get into it

its a fun game but there are a lot of issues right now. so player beware. you think this game is broken trust me so is dawn gate. just in different ways.

We need to find a good game we all like!

Gogogo!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wurm_king View Post
    its a fun game but there are a lot of issues right now. so player beware. you think this game is broken trust me so is dawn gate. just in different ways.
    Care to elaborate?
    I've been playing a fair amount and in truth, I don't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Broli View Post
    We need to find a good game we all like!

Gogogo!!!!
    <3
    Soon.

I'm still in the process of moving, I'll be back on 31st of July. Keep checking on my RC pal : )
    Sinestro Corps Member

@lyri
    o
    n

f
    f

n
    o

ok if you want me to elaborate. first there is the match making system. half the games I play are a wash because on the one side there are a bunch of people who have been playing this game for a while and on the other its a bunch of new people. the vets snowball early and the game is a washout.

second is the reward system. while innovative it is inaccurate. I can go 5/0/3 and win in a land slide and the amount of initial reward points (I forget what they are called) is like 50, but I can the play a horrible game go 3/10/4 and lose and get 500 reward points. in fact this has happened. it is a little disheartening when the reward system is so random that is rewards bad play and punishes good.

Third is the snow ball effect. now this game has had a great idea with the role assigned benefits you select before the start of a match, but with the way the match system is set up people can snowball quickly. and then as long as the rest of your team is decent it is over. I have seen people get a 3 to four level advantage early and then that's it game over.

fourth are the champions. right now the best champions for jungleing are not assassins but bruisers. this is because on top of decent movement speed, most bruisers have great burst damage and gape closing/escape. and on top of this many of excellent sustain in a fight and can in fact tank 2 enemies at once and win if they are not bruisers/enforcers.

ill give you an example: the newest champion (or shaper as they are called in dawngate) is Basko, I own him and unless you have several characters with hard crowd control he is less a bruiser and more of a traveling death march.

his abilities are Revolt: an single dash and slash that does moderate damage on its own and if it is used after another ability it is roughly 50 damage points stronger, which at the start is 50% stronger. oh and it has like only a 3 second cooldown and applies on hit effects.

second ability is unbreakable which allows Basko to create a chain attached to every enemy shaper or jungle creature in range. this chain inflicts damage over time, slow and creates a shield around Basko.

third ability is Onslaught which causes Basko to charge forward for and Aoe damage attack and then can be cast again once during a 6 or 7 second window to cause him to leap and deliver another Aoe attack that carries a stun. this leap can carry him over obstacles. so you can do an E then Q then E then Q for massive damage.

his R is Uprising, where he throws a chain medium or long range and if it hits a enemy shaper he is pulled to that shaper, who is stunned. this chain can go through walls and if you kill the enemy within a certain time limit your R is reset.

his passive will randomly buff his armor or damage dealt when he drops below 50% health

and on top of all this he does not have an energy source, very good mobility for a bruiser and his basic item build, suggested, gives him the same survivability as an enforcer with insane armor and health regain.

don't get me started on Voluc who is a Gaslight Joker style character but with more damage abilities and his powers have no energy source just a short cooldown time; and Cerulean whose move set is like a cross between aquaman and doomsday but has the tank ability of an enforcer better armor.

now don't get me wrong this game has a lot of potential, but a lot of serious flaws as well.
    Last edited by Wurm_king; 07-15-2014 at 11:04 PM.

ok if you want me to elaborate. first there is the match making system. half the games I play are a wash because on the one side there are a bunch of people who have been playing this game for a while and on the other its a bunch of new people. the vets snowball early and the game is a washout.
    Not exclusive to any moba.

second is the reward system. while innovative it is inaccurate. I can go 5/0/3 and win in a land slide and the amount of initial reward points (I forget what they are called) is like 50, but I can the play a horrible game go 3/10/4 and lose and get 500 reward points. in fact this has happened. it is a little disheartening when the reward system is so random that is rewards bad play and punishes good.
    They have a random roll, it isn't inaccurate. That is just how the system works and it keeps people playing. Sure i can have a great game and the random roll will screw me over with a 48 but i can have a terrible game and get 500+ and get a great reward. The RNG element can be annoying at times but I think it keeps it impartial and fair.
    Winning isn't a guarentee you'll get a great prize, but 90% of the time you will.

Plus you have to factor in other people giving you karma.
    Still when you can unlock heroes for free (I've got three so far), i'll take it. I think it is a fascinating system.

Third is the snow ball effect. now this game has had a great idea with the role assigned benefits you select before the start of a match, but with the way the match system is set up people can snowball quickly. and then as long as the rest of your team is decent it is over. I have seen people get a 3 to four level advantage early and then that's it game over.
    Yeah the game is mostly decided early, but again which moba doesn't have that?
    Anyone press a level advantage and win a game.

fourth are the champions. right now the best champions for jungleing are not assassins but bruisers. this is because on top of decent movement speed, most bruisers have great burst damage and gape closing/escape. and on top of this many of excellent sustain in a fight and can in fact tank 2 enemies at once and win if they are not bruisers/enforcers.
    You're basically talking about Basko here, since he is the only bruiser with any kind of sway and this is mostly from a jungle perspective - the hunter role is a bit too strong as the jungle grants you a lot of experience and gold.
    Basko is already being nerfed - after one week.
    Waystone are constantly listening and communicating.

Quote Originally Posted by Waystone
    Developer Note: In this patch we’re updating the base Health for all Carry Bruisers. Previously, these bruisers had the highest base Health in the game. These base stats haven’t been as warranted after we updated the game with Itempalooza to provide significantly better and more diverse options for bruisers, especially ones who scale well with Haste. These base stat changes to all Carry Bruisers will bring their health values down to be more in line with Ability Bruisers.
    Basko came in a little more powerful than we anticipated, with the majority of his strength being in his empowered Q and the survivability granted from his W. In practice, people have been able to empower the Q more times than we anticipated over the duration of a team fight. To compensate for this, we’re reducing the damage output of his empowered state. In regards to his survivability, we’re updating his shielding to have reduced effectiveness in the Jungle in order to bring his survivability down to be similar to other bruisers, and provided a cap to how high it can stack in order to avoid rare edge cases where Basko was fighting amongst both shapers and jungle creatures simultaneously in order to reach enormous shield values. These changes, along with a general reduction to the total shield value across the board, should help to bring Basko much more in line with other shapers.
    Basko
    Passive - Underdog
    The stat bonus duration upon this passive ability triggering has been reduced to 5 seconds, down from 6.
    Revolt (Q)
    The base Power ratio on this ability has been reduced to 0.5, down from 0.6.
    The empowered base damage on this ability has been reduced to 80/115/150/185/220, down from 80/120/160/200/240.
    The empowered damage Power ratio has been reduced to 0.8, down from 0.9.
    Unbreakable (W)
    The base shield value on this ability per tick has been reduced to 6/9/12/15/18, down from 8/11/14/17/20.
    This ability now provides 50% as much shielding on jungle creatures.
    This ability now has a maximum amount of shielding that cannot be exceeded, equivalent to linking five Shapers for the total duration.
    Uprising (R)
    The cooldown of this ability has been increased to 120/110/100, up from 110/100/90.
    The speed at which Basko will pull himself to his target has been increased by 20%, this will result in the duration of the immobilization effect on the target being reduced by the same amount.
    his passive will randomly buff his armor or damage dealt when he drops below 50% health
    His passive buffs whatever you put the most gold into, health, armor, MR, power, haste or Life drain. It isn't exclusively armor.

don't get me started on Voluc who is a Gaslight Joker style character but with more damage abilities and his powers have no energy source just a short cooldown time; and Cerulean whose move set is like a cross between aquaman and doomsday but has the tank ability of an enforcer better armor.
    I'm not entirely sure what you mean by a "gas joker" kind of hero but Voluc is a DPS and a top tier jungler right now. Cerulean is kind of like Aquaman (which is why I enjoy him) but he isn't as tanky as you're making out to be, second rate tanky at best. Items like Rage will shut him down easy enough.

now don't get me wrong this game has a lot of potential, but a lot of serious flaws as well.
    It has both but Waystone are dedicated and very active when it comes to communicating with their players, they're basically -always- on reddit.
    Sinestro Corps Member

@lyri
    o
    n

f
    f

n
    o

I miss spoke when I compared voluc to gaslight joker but still he has an insane amount of life steal, and damage along with a decent tanking ability.
    as far as cerulean goes I have seen versions of him built that can tank vs 3 with little damage done to him.

as far as cerulean goes I have seen versions of him built that can tank vs 3 with little damage done to him.
    Its hard to really say anything but it sounds like you saw someone who got fed, I've done that myself with Cerulean after getting a level advantage and items from a jungle. He has some potent defense but that only comes with being way ahead.
    Sinestro Corps Member

@lyri
    o
    n

f
    f

n
    o

Just you know, posting up some development feedback from the devs for Dawngate.

Quote Originally Posted by Devs
    One of the core principals behind why Dawngate is playable in a beta format before the game is complete is to provide an opportunity to evolve and direct the game’s development based on feedback and discussions within the community. We’ve seen examples of how this process has already evolved the game directly, such as with core system and content updates via Map 2.0, Itempalooza, and the progression update coming soon™.

However, this process of iterating on and improving the game should not be limited just to the game’s core systems and gameplay. We want to extend this to all facets of our development, including our live balance process.
    Currently, we focus on balancing the game for a very high skill level within the solo queue environment based on heavily filtered and specialized telemetry data (for more information on the specifics of this, you can watch the VOD of the Money Pigs Livecast where I go over it in detail here)
    While our current live balance process allows us to confidently balance the high tier solo queue experience, we acknowledge that it is lacking when it comes to the competitive tournament environment. There are fundamental differences in balance from the perspective of a solo queue player versus an organized premade team. We have always stated that it is our goal to foster and grow the competitive scene for Dawngate, and as a result we would like to announce a change to our live balance process aimed at better collecting and responding to issues at the highest competitive levels.

What is the Competitive Balance Initiative?

This initiative is an experiment in collecting balance feedback directly from the competitive community. Eligible players will receive a comprehensive survey about the game’s balance on a regular interval. Additionally, we will be working with tournament organizers to collect high level statistical data from tournament games, such as pick rates, ban rates, compositional analysis, and individual shaper performance summaries. We will then incorporate the results of the player surveys and the high level tournament data with our internal telemetry data from solo queue, and use a combination of both sources to direct the game’s live balance changes.

How do I become eligible to participate?

To become eligible to receive and participate in the live balance survey, you must have competed in one of the following tournaments:
    S1cknote Invitational
    DGSL
    Upon successfully competing in one of the above competitive events from start to finish, you will be given the opportunity to opt in to the feedback process, at which point you will begin to receive the survey.

If I run a tournament, how can I get participation in the tournament to count towards eligibility?

We are currently looking for feedback from players who participate in well-organized 5v5 tournaments. If you plan to run such a tournament, please send an e-mail to [email protected][2] with your tournament proposal and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Does this mean the game will be balanced solely based on the opinions of a few individuals?

No, the very specific nature of the changes will still be largely determined by our comprehensive telemetry data. However; currently, elements of the game that need balancing are identified purely through being a statistical outlier. Additionally to this method, we will be using the initiative to identify and flag problematic sections of the game that are either too strong or too weak at the tournament level. Any shapers, items, or systemic portions of the game that are heavily represented in the data collected from the CBI survey will be flagged at the same level of importance for receiving changes as items that get flagged from our internal telemetry data.

What’s next?

We’ll be rolling out the first wave of invites following this weekend’s S1cknote Invitational. For the immediate time, please discuss your opinions around this initiative and its goals. We would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions for additions to it to make it more effective, as well as what type of issues exist currently around live balance that you would like to see addressed.
    This is also a hotfix patch they released a week after Basko, the newest shaper. They gave us a nice heads up on what is to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Devs

Hey there! We're planning to release a balance hotfix later this week. We wanted to go ahead and show you guys the changes we have in mind so that you may discuss and set expectations for when the patch drops later in the week. Enjoy!

**Balance and Tuning**

**Shapers**

*Developer Note: In this patch we’re updating the base Health for all Carry Bruisers. Previously, these bruisers had the highest base Health in the game. These base stats haven’t been as warranted after we updated the game with Itempalooza to provide significantly better and more diverse options for bruisers, especially ones who scale well with Haste. These base stat changes to all Carry Bruisers will bring their health values down to be more in line with Ability Bruisers.*

*Basko came in a little more powerful than we anticipated, with the majority of his strength being in his empowered Q and the survivability granted from his W. In practice, people have been able to empower the Q more times than we anticipated over the duration of a team fight. To compensate for this, we’re reducing the damage output of his empowered state. In regards to his survivability, we’re updating his shielding to have reduced effectiveness in the Jungle in order to bring his survivability down to be similar to other bruisers, and provided a cap to how high it can stack in order to avoid rare edge cases where Basko was fighting amongst both shapers and jungle creatures simultaneously in order to reach enormous shield values. These changes, along with a general reduction to the total shield value across the board, should help to bring Basko much more in line with other shapers.*

**Basko**

**Passive - Underdog**

* The stat bonus duration upon this passive ability triggering has been reduced to 5 seconds, down from 6.

**Revolt (Q)**

* The base Power ratio on this ability has been reduced to 0.5, down from 0.6.
    * The empowered base damage on this ability has been reduced to 80/115/150/185/220, down from 80/120/160/200/240.
    * The empowered damage Power ratio has been reduced to 0.8, down from 0.9.

**Unbreakable (W)**

* The base shield value on this ability per tick has been reduced to 6/9/12/15/18, down from 8/11/14/17/20.
    * This ability now provides 50% as much shielding on jungle creatures.
    * This ability now has a maximum amount of shielding that cannot be exceeded, equivalent to linking five Shapers for the total duration.

**Uprising (R)**

* The cooldown of this ability has been increased to 120/110/100, up from 110/100/90.
    * The speed at which Basko will pull himself to his target has been increased by 20%, this will result in the duration of the immobilization effect on the target being reduced by the same amount.

**Freia**

**Blinding Speed (W)**

* The movement speed bonus granted by the second cast of this ability no longer decays over time.

**Kahgen**

**Passive - Double-Edge**

* Kahgen now gains double the amount of Focus from his basic attacks when attacking enemy Shapers.

**Marah**

**Base Stats**

* Base health reduced to 525, down from 540.
    * Health per level reduced to 78, down from 84.

**Mikella**

**Gold Standard (W)**

* Mikella's basic attack will now become immediately able to fire upon triggering this ability.

**Moya**

**Base Stats**

* Base Health reduced to 525, down from 540.
    * Health per level reduced to 78, down from 84.

**Passive - Celerity**

* The Attack Speed bonus granted by this passive ability has been increased to 33-80% (based on level), up from 22-60%.

**Nissa**

**Final Flight (R)**

* Damage fall off on this ability per target hit has been increased to 10%, up from 8%.

**Raina**

**Shockwave (E)**

* The base damage of this ability has been reduced to 50/85/120/155/190, down from 50/90/130/170/210.

**Viyana**

**Needle (Q)**

* The cooldown of this ability has been increased to 12/11/10/9/8, up from 11/10/9/8/7.

**Voluc**

**Base Stats**

* Base Health has been reduced to 525, down from 540.
    * Base health per level has been reduced to 78, down from 84.

**Curse of Weakness (W)**

* The initial damage of this ability has been reduced to 35/60/85/110/135, down from 35/65/95/125/155.
    * The damage dealt by this ability upon triggering the mark has been reduced to 50/75/100/125/150, down from 55/85/115/145/175.

**Items**

**Justice**

* The Power granted by this item has been increased to 35, up from 30.
    * The price of this item has been reduced to 3000, down from 3155.

**Sparks / Spiritstones**

*Developer Note: The amount of Health Regeneration available from loadouts was creating a gameplay environment that was more passive than we were comfortable with. Minor skirmishes and damage trades would often have their effectiveness significantly reduced or entirely negated by the strong sustain provided by Health Regen. These changes are aimed at making damage stick more during the laning phase.*

**Sparks**

**Red Spark of Regeneration**

* The Health regeneration per 5 seconds has been reduced to 0.3, down from 0.5.

**Spiritstones**

**Blue Spiritstone of Regeneration**

* The Health regeneration per 5 seconds has been reduced to 1.4, down from 2.3.

**Blue Spiritstone of Stamina**

* The Health regeneration per 5 seconds has been reduced to 1, down from 1.6.

**Green Spiritstone of Regeneration**

* The Health regeneration per 5 seconds has been reduced to 1.4, down from 2.3.

**Green Spiritstone of Stamina**

* The Health regeneration per 5 seconds has been reduced to 1, down from 1.4.

**Red Spiritstone of Regeneration**

* The Health regeneration per 5 seconds has been reduced to 1.2, down from 2.

**Red Spiritstone of Stamina**

* The Health regeneration per 5 seconds has been reduced to 0.8, down from 1.4.
    This represents three days of Dawngate.

Waystone also promote their twitch stream and hottest streamers in the client, they usually stream every night some article about Waystone (Devs playing, Devs doing an art spotlight, Talking about the game etc) and release a comic book page ever monday, wednesday and friday.

Just sayin.
    Sinestro Corps Member

@lyri
    o
    n

f
    f

n
    o

Now if only the game was fun. <333333333333333333333333333333