The Future of "FGH"! (don't worry, it's good things!)

This isn't a sendoff or a cancellation at all, the reverse is the case.

Thanks to those who have participated in our FGH tourney so far! (want more info? click any of the links in my signature) This post is simply to say thank you to people who have had fun and kept the tourney momentum going!

As last week goes I apologize about my lack of being able to Admin the tourney, I got stuck at the beach doing things that were outside which is blech. That being said, I recently became employed again, and am working a steady 10-11 hour day during the week.

This as you can tell is hampering my ability to do most things, most importantly go grocery shopping and sleep. Those two are sort of big ones. That brings me to my reluctant resignation of being an Admin for FGH. David12596 might be able to take over, but he also works most weekends, so it depends on his schedule. There are two fine gentlemen from league who I know might be willing to help, but I have yet to speak to them about this. RomanticJaguar and Gormirn. If you see these knights in shining armor, hit them up!

If you want to admin, feel free to contact myself on this page (as I am only in game for tournaments and scrims; aka scheduled events nowadays) about doing so. A spectator client is coming up, which will make this process infinitely easier as it will provide us use of Turbine's stream and of casters! Hooray Gandair!

Anyone can make a tourney on www.challonge.com

It's so easy even I can put it together. But as creator of the tourney, I only see this gaining popularity, as it already is, even when I wasn't able to admin, teams played that weekend. That's a good sign to me! So even though my involvement is limited at best, I see the community quickly taking this tourney to be a regular/more serious one and aiming to keep it going!
    "Fights in Gotham Heights!" Official Tourney Registration Thread: https://www.infinitecrisis.com/forum...ration-Thread*!)

"Fights in Gotham Heights!" Rules and Procedures Thread: https://www.infinitecrisis.com/forum...-(NOT-signups)

Protector

Re: The Future of "FGH"! (don't worry, it's good things!)

I might be interested in doing this for the near future, let's talk about it.

edit nm it's been solved.
    Last edited by KoH_David; 07-01-2014 at 09:52 AM.

The problem with FGH is the lack of teams. There is one major mechanic that controls who wins, and you already know who is best with that one mechanic so you know will win each tournament because those who are best with that one mechanic are well established. Basically your team can not join, and you have to be willing to teach and help setup a lot of amateur teams to compete to make this a viable monthly tournament. In short, it is hard to join a tournament when I know that I have no chance of winning.

What am I doing to make the Coast City tournament different? I am willing to teach you all the tactics/mechanics at hand to win with. I am giving you bonuses to show me you are preparing, and you the team who participates the most gets a nice prize from Turbine. The only problem I am running into are people not signing themselves up properly, and not checking messages for my responses/inquiries. If they did I'd have a large team roster filled with a couple of amateur teams made just for the tournament with a true shot of winning it all.

The whole point is you need to setup something that will constantly draw in interested and talented players, and give them their best chance possible of winning.
    Introducing the Crisis Classic!
    Up to date Rules and Info

I am looking for feedback on recent community events. Fill out the form here! I will read all responses even if there is 1000.

The_Dycer Guides: Updates Soon!
    The Definition of SoonTM

Dycer's Ample Amplifier Album! Check it out for help with Augments.

Dycer's Monstrous Marina Modset Manual! Use it for help with item mods.

I am not a Turbine employee, and do not receive the compensation/benefits/privileges that employees do. Currently I have a pending application to be the Director of the Putting Things on Top of Other Things Department.

I'm on Dawnbase! Check highly rated guides for great builds and tips!

"The Earth had too many men." - Dycer 2014

"KS, it is what Dycers do best!"- Dycer 2015

One only improves through quality repetition. Practice does not make perfect; only perfect practice makes perfect.

The State of The_Dycer Adress

Getting back to daily words!
    Strange word of the day; Vauntiness: Boastfulness
    If you win a spelling bee due to "Strange word of the day", I receive 2% of the winnings.
    Most Colorful Forum Signature
    I am running low on original colors!

46 No Death 5v5 games in queue without an afk this patch!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dycer View Post
    The problem with FGH is the lack of teams. There is one major mechanic that controls who wins, and you already know who is best with that one mechanic so you know will win each tournament because those who are best with that one mechanic are well established. Basically your team can not join, and you have to be willing to teach and help setup a lot of amateur teams to compete to make this a viable monthly tournament. In short, it is hard to join a tournament when I know that I have no chance of winning.

What am I doing to make the Coast City tournament different? I am willing to teach you all the tactics/mechanics at hand to win with. I am giving you bonuses to show me you are preparing, and you the team who participates the most gets a nice prize from Turbine. The only problem I am running into are people not signing themselves up properly, and not checking messages for my responses/inquiries. If they did I'd have a large team roster filled with a couple of amateur teams made just for the tournament with a true shot of winning it all.

The whole point is you need to setup something that will constantly draw in interested and talented players, and give them their best chance possible of winning.
    That's a very poor reason not to sign up though. People should sign up to vs teams that are better then them. I did it with my very short term team in LOL for a Dominate Dominion tourney. I knew there was almost no chance we would do well the first few times, but that did not make us not want to sign up. You get better as a player by observing and researching what the top teams are doing that you are not doing. This "My team has no chance of winning, so we won't sign up" is a excuse that will never improve a player or a team and it is nothing more then a excuse.

I can't speak for the others, but I did not enter the FGH tourney to get "easy free skins" like some people think we all did. I have like 8k CC, I don't care about the skin codes. I entered in hopes that some of the teams that think it's "skill less" map would sign up and prove to us they are right. I mean if it's so skill less like they said, then they should be able to beat a group of "skill less" players? Am I wrong in that assumption? Then there where other teams that did not feel that way, but simply did not sign up even though they did have a good chance at winning. I am looking at what use to be CoL.

Also another reason we have a lack of teams is Turbine is not giving us any shout outs on any social media outlet. We got one when the tourney was first starting up and from there nothing. Besides Nerdock when he is free, myself, and a few others, no one has any other way then looking at the forums for info. I can bet that a lot of people that play IC, still do not know about this tourney. I can almost promise you that's a fact.
    Last edited by KoH_David; 07-01-2014 at 11:51 AM.

Honestly the tournament never worked for me because it was simply too intrusive with regards to my schedule.

And now I have enough delay (more in most cases than when I stopped playing for a bit), that I'd rather not have that intermittent delay potentially keep me from being able to play my best.

Turbine, well I won't even get started on them. At this point, I'm about to check out Smite since I have real world friends playing it.

I'll be jumping into Heroes of the Storm to give it a shot, because quite frankly I really enjoyed WoW BG's and Arena. I think that it might be a fun game.

This game has become nothing more than a late-night diversion for me.
    V3G3TA: "Im pretty confident about my member...probly why I use Ham, and focus on the W, not the kdr...big guy thrwin his meat around sayin stuff. one really understands...with hair fom the 80 s...yep.. that ham makes me feel li myself"