Potential "longer" version of GH?

I only started to play this game recently but Im having a blast on GH.

I love that the focus on GH is more on the arcade / action team fights yet still is able to be tactical where at some games turn into amazing and intense battles where both are on critical low points and desperately try to do everything in their power to either use brutal force or sneaky attempts to steal the last few points in order to win the game.

Now even with those amazing and intense matches where both parties are on par (which atm is pretty rare) the fight doesn't last more than 20-25 min (normally 10-15 min). In some games I noticed that near the end of the game a losing team found their way and manages to create an impressive comeback but often they are already so low on points its practically impossible to make a full comeback (it happened once).
    Now I do love that this game mode as for having a quick game, however I often wished there was a way to let some of these fights last longer when one of the teams make that incredible comeback and the teams start to become on par to see what could happen if both teams reaches their full potential item and play style wise.
    As a potential idea; perhaps that by some way (either change / add something to the map) one could add back some of the lost points (XX% of lost points perhaps) so that a team that had been struggling in the beginning is able to make a comeback. or potentially one could op (extended GH game mode?) for the amount of points the teams start with (750 or even 1000 instead of 450).

I was wondering in the end if I am the only one who would like to see some way to have a (potential) longer duration of this amazing game mode, and if so what would your ideas be to obtain this?

Providing Harmony

Re: Potential "longer" version of GH?

I've been reaching maxed builds in most nontrivial Gotham Heights matches (the ones that don't end in surrender at 10 or a 5-6 cap before that point) except when playing Attack Damage champions, so something should really be done to stop the other champions from starting to fall off before trying to lengthen the game.

I have been in games on Gotham Heights that have lasted 45-50 minutes including one score of 3-0. Gotham Heights can last a very long time, and lengthening the possible end of the game mode is a bad idea. I queue on Heights for short games, not an hour+ massive team fight.
    The Coast City Nightly Games!
    A Coast City Guide: Updates SoonTM
    The Definition of SoonTM

My Guide for IC_Frelorn

Conquer Your Lane with Starro!

I am not a Turbine employee, and do not receive the compensation/benefits/privileges that employees do. Currently I have a pending application to be the Director of the Putting Things on Top of Other Things Department.

I'm on Dawnbase! Check highly rated guides for great builds and tips!

"The Earth had too many men." - Dycer 2014

"KS, it is what Dycers do best!"- Dycer 2015

I am one with Starro! All hail Starro.

The State of The_Dycer Adress

Getting back to daily words!
    Strange word of the day; Zounds: Mild oath
    If you win a spelling bee due to "Strange word of the day", I receive 2% of the winnings.
    Most Colorful Forum Signature
    I am running low on original colors!

18 No Death games in queue without an afk this patch!

Considering Harmony

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dycer View Post
    I have been in games on Gotham Heights that have lasted 45-50 minutes including one score of 3-0. Gotham Heights can last a very long time, and lengthening the possible end of the game mode is a bad idea. I queue on Heights for short games, not an hour+ massive team fight.
    Yes, not hour long, BUT I personally agree with OP. I wish there could be at least one more round of Orbital Cannon.

I for one rarely ever reach level 19 or full build, and in the VERY RARE occasion that I do, the match is over right about that time, leaving you disappointed that you never get to build your Champion to full. It really shouldn't be like that.

Make the fights 5 minutes longer, on average.

I have been in games on Gotham Heights that have lasted 45-50 minutes including one score of 3-0.
    I don't even think that's possible. Screenshot?

But either way, there are plenty of games on GH that go 25-30 minutes, but it really does require evenly matched teams (particularly with players who already know the game).

As far as not getting a max build on GH, it happens quite often in the above-mentioned 30 minute games. We just need some better matchmaking to see more of them. But again, the MMR system has to eventually find players a game, so until we get more players nothing much will change.
    V3G3TA: "Im pretty confident about my member...probly why I use Ham, and focus on the W, not the kdr...big guy thrwin his meat around sayin stuff. one really understands...with hair fom the 80 s...yep.. that ham makes me feel li myself"

Thank you all for replying, I really appreciate you guys giving your feedback and views!

Last night I actually had a very long match which last around 33 min end score was 73-0, had an amazing play with atomic wonder woman with a score of 13-4-6. score could have been allot higher if I didn't had a nemesis as joker on the other team (you did an amazing job man, god you made it tough for me but at the same time allot of fun!) Still I was only able to get 4 out of 6 items maxed (other 2 items level 2).

@ Volendam: hmm interesting I do remember the 2nd play on GH, I was able to get almost a full power build on flash, and the game was 20min with a score not even close to that of AWM. I know my AWM build is an expensive one but I would have to check how much it differs to the one I created for flash.

As I mentioned in the first post im new (started this week) so my experience in long durations on GH is lacking, I shared this as to see what other ppl felt about the duration of the game mode and its good to see that although im not the only one who wishes for a (slightly) longer duration so far most seem content:P which is what it is all about.
    I hope more ppl will join in on this threat to share their views and opinions!

Quote Originally Posted by Nafraq View Post
    Thank you all for replying, I really appreciate you guys giving your feedback and views!

Last night I actually had a very long match which last around 33 min end score was 73-0, had an amazing play with atomic wonder woman with a score of 13-4-6. score could have been allot higher if I didn't had a nemesis as joker on the other team (you did an amazing job man, god you made it tough for me but at the same time allot of fun!) Still I was only able to get 4 out of 6 items maxed (other 2 items level 2).

@ Volendam: hmm interesting I do remember the 2nd play on GH, I was able to get almost a full power build on flash, and the game was 20min with a score not even close to that of AWM. I know my AWM build is an expensive one but I would have to check how much it differs to the one I created for flash.

As I mentioned in the first post im new (started this week) so my experience in long durations on GH is lacking, I shared this as to see what other ppl felt about the duration of the game mode and its good to see that although im not the only one who wishes for a (slightly) longer duration so far most seem content:P which is what it is all about.
    I hope more ppl will join in on this threat to share their views and opinions!
    In all honesty you're simply getting to see half of the coin so far, if you just started the game then you must be around lvl 15-20, therefore you're getting paired with other low players, usually those games end pretty fast (afks, rage quits, trolls or simply very new players with awful builds etc.)

Just play more and good & long games will come, with all the experience i've gathered on GH i can tell you that prolong games would be a bad idea, for example, if i'm the only reason my team is winning most likely i'm gonna be ahead by 1 or 2 (maybe 3) thousand coins to the enemy, but when matches get long everything simply distorts, and even if a player is terrible he's gonna be fully builded and most likely trying to counter ¨that guy that's killing me!¨ so it wouldn't be fair at all, any player like me will tell you that he likes to make the difference (at least when that's your role as a champ and the conditions are given) extending the games might seem fun for you right now, but just give it some time... level up your account, and trust me, longer/fully builded games will come. Hope you stick around

Quote Originally Posted by RealName View Post
    In all honesty you're simply getting to see half of the coin so far, if you just started the game then you must be around lvl 15-20, therefore you're getting paired with other low players, usually those games end pretty fast (afks, rage quits, trolls or simply very new players with awful builds etc.)

Just play more and good & long games will come, with all the experience i've gathered on GH i can tell you that prolong games would be a bad idea, for example, if i'm the only reason my team is winning most likely i'm gonna be ahead by 1 or 2 (maybe 3) thousand coins to the enemy, but when matches get long everything simply distorts, and even if a player is terrible he's gonna be fully builded and most likely trying to counter ¨that guy that's killing me!¨ so it wouldn't be fair at all, any player like me will tell you that he likes to make the difference (at least when that's your role as a champ and the conditions are given) extending the games might seem fun for you right now, but just give it some time... level up your account, and trust me, longer/fully builded games will come. Hope you stick around
    Just lvl 9 (or 10) so definitely new!
    Yea you are probably very right about that, guess there is only one way to find out !

Ohhh im definitely sticking around, Neglected infinite crisis first due to not expecting much from it. Either a simple and straight copy from one of the more known moba's or a poor attempt to do something "different". But im pleasantly proven wrong, still got some issues but all moba's have those in their first 1-2 years after Open beta but allot of interesting and promising stuff going on here. so do prepare yourself, im sure you will be meeting me at some point in one of the game modes!

Quote Originally Posted by Xoulrath View Post
    I don't even think that's possible. Screenshot?
    I never take screenshots of "trophy" games. I believe KoH_David has a screen shot on the forums of a game lasting 49min. If there is a lot of balance, and a lot of brawling, GH can feel like a never-ending game.
    The Coast City Nightly Games!
    A Coast City Guide: Updates SoonTM
    The Definition of SoonTM

My Guide for IC_Frelorn

Conquer Your Lane with Starro!

I am not a Turbine employee, and do not receive the compensation/benefits/privileges that employees do. Currently I have a pending application to be the Director of the Putting Things on Top of Other Things Department.

I'm on Dawnbase! Check highly rated guides for great builds and tips!

"The Earth had too many men." - Dycer 2014

"KS, it is what Dycers do best!"- Dycer 2015

I am one with Starro! All hail Starro.

The State of The_Dycer Adress

Getting back to daily words!
    Strange word of the day; Zounds: Mild oath
    If you win a spelling bee due to "Strange word of the day", I receive 2% of the winnings.
    Most Colorful Forum Signature
    I am running low on original colors!

18 No Death games in queue without an afk this patch!

I never take screenshots of "trophy" games.
    But you are the one telling us that we need to help the game get better. You should therefore always take screenshots so that you can prove what you state. I take screenshots of all of my games.
    V3G3TA: "Im pretty confident about my member...probly why I use Ham, and focus on the W, not the kdr...big guy thrwin his meat around sayin stuff. one really understands...with hair fom the 80 s...yep.. that ham makes me feel li myself"