Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Protector

Re: Attack damage reflection and Power damage reflection mods

Quote Originally Posted by Rikishin View Post
    really? Since when? I haven't seen anything on any resent patch notes. :S
    This is a very good question, I can't actually find the answer at present.

Quote Originally Posted by Volandum View Post
    This is a very good question, I can't actually find the answer at present.
    I think that was 2 patchs ago.

In a short/quick opinion, for someone who uses both reflections, they are ok, i mean, it's not like not having enought protection to the criticals wasn't fun.
    If you are having tech issues, want to report a bug, report a player, your code isn't working or got any comment or feedback.
    GO HERE:
    http://support.infinitecrisis.com/ic.../ticketNew.asp

Submit a ticket, to do all listed above and even more.

*How To post a DxDiag

*Infinite Crisis Forum's Rules

*I'm Famous <3
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___
    MY FAV STREAMS!
    Sycogenesis' Stream :http://www.twitch.tv/sycogenesis
    Beco's Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/dps_beco
    Hammerborn's Stream: twitch.tv/hammerreborn

I think those items are fine. Building lifesteal and crit will help you lessen the effect. If you're playing an enforcer/bruiser they are solid items. Same going 1x1 against someone and wanting a bit of advantage in a solo lane. But if you're working with your team, if you're a squishy or something like that, I would recommend picking armor with more utility since the reflect wouldn't matter if you can withstand damage.
    Main Enforcer: Wonder Woman / Atomic Poison Ivy (kinda disappointed with Atrocitus)
    Main Controller: Zatanna
    Main Marksman: Green Arrow
    Main Bruiser: Superman
    Main Assassin: Gaslight Catwoman / Flash (I like Gas Cat better, but Flash is one of my favorite dc chars.)
    Main Blaster: Green Lantern

Protector

I really don't see what crit has to do with the discussion. It's just amplification to basic attacks, that affects your dps. Whatever you do that increases your dps (except true damage) will lead to more dps being reflected.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceback View Post
    Armor pen will reflect back some more damage but I see your point it can be countered I just think an item is so powerful it makes you change your build is unfair I mean it is reflecting back to you 40 % damage with the combinations I just want the mods to be removed or fixed probably should have started the thread in amplifiers thought thanks for the help thought I appreciate it
    I find this a bit odd. Good players are always modifying their builds in game to suit their opponents, whether it's a snowballing AD assassin that you nerf with Suit of Sorrows or a tank that makes you build Deathstrokes or Cosmic Staff, or Metallos to nerf an attack speed marksman. Adapting your strategy by adapting your build is all part of the game.

As for the reflect items, I always thought that attack pen items bypassed the reflect, doing flat or % of your damage that goes 'straight through to the keeper' thus reducing the amount of damage that actually gets reflected back to you. But since we don't have any of this stuff written down it is hard to work out how it all works.

Either way, the reflect items have helped make a very bruiser/enforcer heavy meta on GH lately. I don't know if it was the change to power pen rules or what but ranged champs of all stripes have fallen out of favour. And if they are around, by late game they're all running Ras cloak as well.

Considering Harmony

Quote Originally Posted by DINGbat777 View Post
    I find this a bit odd. Good players are always modifying their builds in game to suit their opponents, whether it's a snowballing AD assassin that you nerf with Suit of Sorrows or a tank that makes you build Deathstrokes or Cosmic Staff, or Metallos to nerf an attack speed marksman. Adapting your strategy by adapting your build is all part of the game.

As for the reflect items, I always thought that attack pen items bypassed the reflect, doing flat or % of your damage that goes 'straight through to the keeper' thus reducing the amount of damage that actually gets reflected back to you. But since we don't have any of this stuff written down it is hard to work out how it all works

Either way, the reflect items have helped make a very bruiser/enforcer heavy meta on GH lately. I don't know if it was the change to power pen rules or what but ranged champs of all stripes have fallen out of favour. And if they are around, by late game they're all running Ras cloak as well.
    Has it never been explained how attack pen works in this game? oh and I don't think marksmen have it hard as a ranged champ I mean they mainly use their basic attacks to ruin people while blasters have it hard the one with skill shots anyway if they miss their shots its over for them in fights and then the AD critical chance will explode on them AD can just ruin people by clicking the right button PD loses if they have their skills on cooldown or if they don't have will but that may be a matter of oponion

Protector

Range is very important to team comp, it's super important to have at least 2 ranged champs in a team so you don't just get kited or blasted by AoE.

AD champs are strong, but they are quite prone to getting bursted. They can't actually land that many shots on a blaster if the blaster kites them out.

Let X be your pre-mitigation Attack DPS. If they have N% Attack reflect, N% of X is dealt to you as Attack Damage, which is then mitigated by your Attack Armour after this has been reduced by their Attack Penetration. X is also dealt to the enemy as Attack Damage, mitigated by their Attack Armour reduced by your Attack Penetration. That's all. Reflection occurs prior to mitigation.

Considering Harmony

ok so I have played some matches now and took some tips and countered reflection although usually my team doesn't know or doesn't look at enemy build. Still I think that those 2 items make for way too easy build, especially suit of sorrows. I mean compare suit of sorrows against the others AD armor items, of course people are going to build 100 attack armor and having 30 of attack damage reflected sure its costy but overall its a better item than all of the other AD armor items, there is a reason why people pick suit of sorrows if AD is beating them. Now mirror master is nothing much if not modded . Its obvious why people don't complain about these items it helps them win a lot of games so why complain right? I say its unfair but its up to IC to decide really

Quote Originally Posted by spaceback View Post
    ok so I have played some matches now and took some tips and countered reflection although usually my team doesn't know or doesn't look at enemy build. Still I think that those 2 items make for way too easy build, especially suit of sorrows. I mean compare suit of sorrows against the others AD armor items, of course people are going to build 100 attack armor and having 30 of attack damage reflected sure its costy but overall its a better item than all of the other AD armor items, there is a reason why people pick suit of sorrows if AD is beating them. Now mirror master is nothing much if not modded . Its obvious why people don't complain about these items it helps them win a lot of games so why complain right? I say its unfair but its up to IC to decide really
    Mirror Prism it's very unique to the game (haven't seen anything like that in other mobas) so for me they are alright, it's alaways funny seeing people kill theirselves when someone gets reflectios.
    If you are having tech issues, want to report a bug, report a player, your code isn't working or got any comment or feedback.
    GO HERE:
    http://support.infinitecrisis.com/ic.../ticketNew.asp

Submit a ticket, to do all listed above and even more.

*How To post a DxDiag

*Infinite Crisis Forum's Rules

*I'm Famous <3
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___
    MY FAV STREAMS!
    Sycogenesis' Stream :http://www.twitch.tv/sycogenesis
    Beco's Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/dps_beco
    Hammerborn's Stream: twitch.tv/hammerreborn