Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lobo's Chain a Necessity

This has been bothering me since I started playing, and it just became that much more of a realization with Supergirl.

Lobo's Chain is an absolute necessity for all melee. Why? Even with Supergirl's ridiculous 30% movement speed increase without Lobo's Chain I find that people I'm fighting are still getting away.

League of Legends doesnt't have all melee building Frozen Mallet to stick to their targets to prevent people from running away. Infact they nerfed Phage a while ago to rid it of the movement slow, because a slow on their melee heroes was so potent that even they admitted that it meant certain death if it proc'd during a laning phase gank.

What's the difference here? Why is Lobo so necessary in this game, but in League it isn't? Or conversely even in DotA you don't find all heroes building Orb of Venom into Skadi or Sange/Yasha.

Re: Lobo's Chain a Necessity

i am also quite curious about this , for all my AD bruisers if they dont build lobo they dont deliver as good as the games that i bought , and many times i find that without lobo all my AD bruisers lack that dmg early game and just turn into a pseudo tank kind of a bruiser.

Protector

I find that Lobo's is a crutch item. Superman and Batman, with powerful low cd innate slows certainly don't need it and it hinders their damage or bulk scaling. AWW and Gascat certainly don't need it, and NMB and Robin don't either. People may like it a lot because it makes it easier to stick, that absolutely does not mean it's necessary.

I haven't managed to make Supergirl work yet though.
    Last edited by Volandum; 07-06-2014 at 11:39 AM.

In league most characters have a good built-in ability to catch/chase enemies. In Infinite Crisis that isn't the case, so they have to compensate with Lobo's

I find she doesn't need the slow and several character dont, but they still have to build lobos for the health it gives while still providing some attack damage

Because the animations for Auto Attacking in this game for Melee characters are so ungodly slow and they freeze your character still so you are actually punished for hitting a fleeing target. Lobo makes it so they are slowed while you are frozen doing the animation and can catch up again afterwards.
    Main Enforcer: Arcane Green Lanter, Mecha Superman
    Main Bruiser: Aquaman, Robin
    Main Controller: Krypto, Nightmare Superman
    Main Blaster: Green Lantern, Sinestro
    Main Assassin: Blue Beetle
    Main Marksmen: Blue Beetle

Protector

Quote Originally Posted by JConstantine View Post
    I find she doesn't need the slow and several character dont, but they still have to build lobos for the health it gives while still providing some attack damage
    It's not really efficient for that, you could get more stats off e.g. Harness 3 + Coda 3.

Considering Harmony

actually im seeing a lot of people building extreme move speed and almost escape anything with SG its a actually almost as bad as the flash but they are ineffective in battle sorta, as for lobo I always pick it for the slow and health and damage its a good item for me and to me its not the matter of escaping or not its to take less time chasing and get back to objectives faster but some might disagree of its potency for late game effectiveness which I agree it sucks for stats

Quote Originally Posted by Volandum View Post
    It's not really efficient for that, you could get more stats off e.g. Harness 3 + Coda 3.
    Which costs 2 item slots, is 75 less health and isnt available on Gotham Divided. No more refundables. It is slightly cheaper (2750 instead of 3k) but not a solution on Gotham Divided.

Crime bible after time and kill involvement + Coda 3 would be cheaper, so that can work out more cost effective. However, those who dont need the slow can still benefit from it. It can save you using 1 extra skill to secure a kill

Protector

Coda 3 also has significantly more AD, and Harness is not an efficient health item, just one that I thought to mention. Olympus 3 works fine and has significant other benefits. Less health, but the resists make up for that.

Regardless, there are a wide range of decent health options, and many melees actually like to pick up Booster Gold's.