Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27
  1. #11
    Joining Harmony Exiled98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    211

    Re: Lobo's Chain a Necessity

    Quote Originally Posted by Volandum View Post
    Coda 3 also has significantly more AD, and Harness is not an efficient health item, just one that I thought to mention. Olympus 3 works fine and has significant other benefits. Less health, but the resists make up for that.

    Regardless, there are a wide range of decent health options, and many melees actually like to pick up Booster Gold's.
    harness no doubt give that early stat advantage tho but say i need to bulk up my health for bruiser anyway wat else that benefits them than lobo that comes with a slow ?

  2. #12

    Re: Lobo's Chain a Necessity

    i think its the only ho and ad item for a reason..meaning U have to sacrifise dmg if you want more bulk..
    Yes..over NINE THOUSAND!!

    also..Consider Ham as an option.

  3. #13
    Protector
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    622

    Re: Lobo's Chain a Necessity

    Quote Originally Posted by Exiled98 View Post
    harness no doubt give that early stat advantage tho but say i need to bulk up my health for bruiser anyway wat else that benefits them than lobo that comes with a slow ?
    What sort of bulk? Attack Damage bulk? Booster Gold for CDR, Mogo is meh but can work if you have Power Penetration. Power Damage bulk you can get Entropy for health and will, Oa if you are a PD bruiser. Mixed you can get PSN for CDR or Olympus for burst mitigation. This is just off the top of my head.

  4. #14
    Lucho Conquerer The_Dycer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5,004

    Re: Lobo's Chain a Necessity

    I personally don't build Lobo's for the slow. I use it an early game defense boost when I am on an AD bruiser. The fact you stack both that amount of health with a decent amount of damage in one spot makes it worth the buy. You then open up an extra slot for which you can add more defense or damage while saving the credits you would have spent building them in separate items. Having a very good, rather low cost build gives you a major advantage over your enemy when it comes to mid game effectiveness, and late game tweaks.
    Dycer's Final Event!

    I am doing a giveaway for IC players migrating to Smite!

    I am on Twitter @TheDycer

    The_Dycer Guides: Updates Soon!
    The Definition of SoonTM

    I am not a Turbine employee, and do not receive the compensation/benefits/privileges that employees do. Currently I have a pending application to be the Director of the Putting Things on Top of Other Things Department.

    "The Earth had too many men." - Dycer 2014

    "KS, it is what Dycers do best!"- Dycer 2015

    Getting back to daily words!
    Strange word of the day; Vauntiness: Boastfulness
    If you win a spelling bee due to "Strange word of the day", I receive 2% of the winnings.
    Most Colorful Forum Signature
    I am running low on original colors!

  5. #15
    Protector Shaithiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    JHB - Feeding Pigeons
    Posts
    228

    Re: Lobo's Chain a Necessity

    There's not really any movement speed in the game and most champs rely on some sort of dash ability to close in with the bonus of movement slows.
    Personally I hate the fact that there's a champ in front of me that I should be able to kill but we're both the same movement speed and it's just a Conga Line that I give up on.

    Wonder what would happen if there was the ability for every champ to do a sprint for 4 secs with a massive cooldown and a double move speed increment.
    Don't let common sense stop you.
    "They say I'm fearless, but actually I'm very afraid. Of getting beat. Of backing down. Of chickening out. That fear just blows all the others away."

  6. #16
    Protector JLA-Lyri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,006

    Re: Lobo's Chain a Necessity

    I've stood by this opinion from the start.

    CC in this game is terrible for melee, ranged heroes have way too much freedom because of it.

    Superman just ulted Green Arrow and used frost breath? That's great, watch as he swings away and foam arrows you whilst you have zero follow up.

    Other mobas give less controllable dashes to their ranged heroes, if at all. It is pretty annoying when the same scenario plays out time and time again.

    You ult someone with AWW and you slap them with your slow, they swing away, you jump after them, the slow you used has such a ****** timer that you lose all effect whilst they swing and then just run away.
    You play it a different way and ult without slowing, waiting for them to jump. They just don't do it and kite you ad nauseam until you jump to close the gap and then they just swing away.

    1-2 second CC is so bad.
    Sinestro Corps Member

    @lyri
    o
    n


    f
    f


    n
    o

  7. #17

    Re: Lobo's Chain a Necessity

    Quote Originally Posted by JLA-Lyri View Post
    I've stood by this opinion from the start.

    CC in this game is terrible for melee, ranged heroes have way too much freedom because of it.

    Superman just ulted Green Arrow and used frost breath? That's great, watch as he swings away and foam arrows you whilst you have zero follow up.

    Other mobas give less controllable dashes to their ranged heroes, if at all. It is pretty annoying when the same scenario plays out time and time again.

    You ult someone with AWW and you slap them with your slow, they swing away, you jump after them, the slow you used has such a ****** timer that you lose all effect whilst they swing and then just run away.
    You play it a different way and ult without slowing, waiting for them to jump. They just don't do it and kite you ad nauseam until you jump to close the gap and then they just swing away.

    1-2 second CC is so bad.
    League has just as many dashes to their ranged "marksman" heroes as this game, but the thing I'm finding true is the statement that there's no readily available movement speed related items(e.g. Phase Boots in DotA, or Boots of Swiftness for example in LoL). With everyone sharing similar movement speeds and most characters having slows/escapes of their own, what exactly is the turning point here? It makes Lobo a necessity to stick to targets because of this, and makes characters like Flash who have a dash and innate movement speed increasing abilities a pain to catch.

    I feel like the people stating they don't use Lobo for the slow are completely overlooking how much it's impacting their game. Additionally those players saying they don't even buy it are playing at a severe disadvantage in comparison. Sure you can definitely get kills or do well without it, but Lobo is such a guarantee that it becomes damn near close to a necessity on pretty much all melee. I'm starting to even build this item on my Enforcers, especially with the Hook mod to prevent a bruiser or assassin from jumping on someone I'm peeling for.

    The next question is, is this a bad thing? I'd say yes. Forcing an item purchase on a majority of the cast is bad for numerous reasons. The only real hero I can think of that doesn't necessarily require Lobo is Robin because he already has access to 1). a gap closer, 2). a slow on his W, and 3). a movement speed increase on his E. He's completely self-sufficient. The funny thing is is that if you get Lobo on Robin, he may be the worst character in the game, but he's damn near inescapable with Lobo's Chain.
    Last edited by TeaSeeOh; 07-07-2014 at 02:41 PM.

  8. #18
    Protector
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    622

    Re: Lobo's Chain a Necessity

    The Starheart a necessity, discuss.

  9. #19

    Re: Lobo's Chain a Necessity

    Quote Originally Posted by Volandum View Post
    The Starheart a necessity, discuss.
    Let's humor you though, it's fairly obvious you're trying to strawman and deviate focus on the main argument here. Starheart is a staple item to get the most out of your money for damage, similar to how Revolver is for AD and Marksman. However, this is based purely on a statistical basis. It's cost effective in that Starheart and Joe Chill give the most of their respective stat. Either way, both those items are not a necessity for a PD or AD based champion, especially to secure or land a kill. Catwoman Prime is an example of Joe Chill's not being necessary for an AD, Starheart is not a necessity for Arcane or Atomic Green Lantern who are both PD based champions.

    As a melee, in particular bruisers(Superman, Doomsday, Supergirl, etc.), Lobo flat out guarantees you are able to successfully stick to your target thus becoming a sort of necessity. Even Batman, who has a slow through the use and activation of his Q, becomes pretty much fly paper in being able to stay next to and continue to dish out damage to his target with Lobo's Chain. Without it, as I'm sure many have noticed and even Lyri has stated, becomes a very predictable chase. Batman tosses Q, activates slow through either an auto attack or W, gets an an additional autoattack or two, and then the target is able to run away until Batman is able to successfully repeat. If there is any sort of safety, be it a tower or meeting up with an ally, they will get away.

  10. #20

    Re: Lobo's Chain a Necessity

    Quote Originally Posted by Volandum View Post
    I find that Lobo's is a crutch item. Superman and Batman, with powerful low cd innate slows certainly don't need it and it hinders their damage or bulk scaling. AWW and Gascat certainly don't need it, and NMB and Robin don't either. People may like it a lot because it makes it easier to stick, that absolutely does not mean it's necessary.

    I haven't managed to make Supergirl work yet though.
    I agree with this, plus the whole item itself is very expensive to the get the slow , much better spent elsewhere

    but I also agree that speed is more noticeable in this game than LoL
    Last edited by Gruwolf; 07-07-2014 at 08:09 PM.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •