Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Lobo's Chain a Necessity

Meh. I don't always build lobo chain for melee damage. Atomic WW doesn't need it, Nightmare bats doesn't need it. Shazam doesn't need it. Can't think about any one else right now. Tired. But yea....

In the end it all depends on counter play. If I see my enemys are building move speed then I'll go lobo. If I see they focused on damage and attack speed, lobo chain could be a waste of gold if There's punch is stronger then yours.

It's a great item. But by all means not a gotta have it every game item.
    Last edited by Bearsss; 07-07-2014 at 09:20 PM.

All melee champions have some form of way to chase. Is it perfect? No, this game has a lot of champions that are hard counters to other (i.e. Atomic Ivy against Flash can neutralize his mobility pretty badly). If you can't counter them simply running away then you are not using the champion right, lobo's chain is not necessary for melee champs. I only build lobos when i need the health, the slow is just a nice benefit.

If they are getting away too often, consider move speed or cooldown reduction to use your gap closers more often.

Considering Harmony

yeah ive noticed it too, ive been building it on all the AD champs I play, back in septermber and october I don;t remember building it all that much

Quote Originally Posted by Volandum View Post
    What sort of bulk? Attack Damage bulk? Booster Gold for CDR, Mogo is meh but can work if you have Power Penetration. Power Damage bulk you can get Entropy for health and will, Oa if you are a PD bruiser. Mixed you can get PSN for CDR or Olympus for burst mitigation. This is just off the top of my head.
    alright early buy lobo is definitely not the optimum way to stat out other item combination after testing , still all the escapes that assassins and ranged champ has will still slip away from you if u dont have the early burst or gang on them , many of the case the reason they die is that they come back to harass miscalculated gap closer distance and get killed after that.

many times lobo is that 1 item that lets my team secure a squishy kill in a team fight, simply because even if they jump or dash away you still stand a chance to catch them than without the lobo which is 0 chance to catch up, and for a 1 slot item with both health and AD for bruiser thats a good investment.

this item is such a core that it benefits both solo and team fights , which also sucks that AD bruisers have to invest in this just because is a cheap item but provides all the necessary stats and a slow that is crucial to securing kills.

also this item shines even harder for auto attack AD champions because it opens up the capability to kite even harder for them, and secure kills due to the main goal of auto attack champions is to land the attack which directly optimize the slow capability on the lobo for a secure kill, though not much the another factor that also weights in the decision making is, it provides AD , health and slow in 1 item which most AD champion would able to utilize.

AD , health and slow in 1 item for AD champs the only trick is when to build it , but also becomes the main issue of this thread, a necessity that kinda restrict ur build to allocate 1 slot for it afraid of losing out against another team that has it instead.

Quote Originally Posted by JLA-Lyri View Post
    I've stood by this opinion from the start.

CC in this game is terrible for melee, ranged heroes have way too much freedom because of it.

Superman just ulted Green Arrow and used frost breath? That's great, watch as he swings away and foam arrows you whilst you have zero follow up.

Other mobas give less controllable dashes to their ranged heroes, if at all. It is pretty annoying when the same scenario plays out time and time again.

You ult someone with AWW and you slap them with your slow, they swing away, you jump after them, the slow you used has such a ****** timer that you lose all effect whilst they swing and then just run away.
    You play it a different way and ult without slowing, waiting for them to jump. They just don't do it and kite you ad nauseam until you jump to close the gap and then they just swing away.

1-2 second CC is so bad.
    does this happen before the slow nerf on the lobo or after ? because i encounter this same problem only after that really stupid slow nerf patch, pre-nerf is pretty much enough for me to chase down any target only way they escape is that they burn flash's super speed.

it used to provide 25% slow on hit , then turbine getting high on weed and think is funny to chop off the 5% which is a huge figure which undermines lobo into barely providing any CC today.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiled98 View Post
    does this happen before the slow nerf on the lobo or after ? because i encounter this same problem only after that really stupid slow nerf patch, pre-nerf is pretty much enough for me to chase down any target only way they escape is that they burn flash's super speed.

it used to provide 25% slow on hit , then turbine getting high on weed and think is funny to chop off the 5% which is a huge figure which undermines lobo into barely providing any CC today.
    The crux of the issue here is CC.

As generally CC is lower in duration and somethimes effect than the buffs hero's have.

Gl's Constrict . 70% slow .... 2.5 sec duration at max level. Vs NMB's 25% move speed at a base 5 seconds + upto 3 seconds (dont shoot me just using chars i know of the top of my head!)

And thats without going into the base move speeds i remember arguing with lyri about a few months back where some chars have such a high base ms compared to others, Mobility is one thing but the fact many "glass cannons" have some amazing escapes and ms potential is bad.

I'm gonna go ahead and answer this straight forward, I disagree completely to this post, Lobo's is definately not a necessity on melee's SPECIALLY SUPERGIRL

I'll first explain what makes a champion viable in competitive play for us or not, some main requirements are basically a champions peak time should not be too highly focused on one time of the match, meaning it cannot be strong lv1-6, then useless the rest of the way, kinda how Batman Prime kinda is, not in all aspects but its highly situational right now.
    And secondly it shouldnt require specific scenarios to succeed, shouldnt need to get fed for ex to be viable, farming should always get you to you lategame at a needed time.

Now supergirl is currently at a very borderline spot, she is a very high risk but very high reward champion if played correctly, the reason behind this is, that if you build her right, you can literally disable a tank in a fight around lv8, or even blow up a carry instantly.

The build I'd like you to try is to get Nil Weapon with recycle mod. Rush Coda Blade with +9 A/D mod. and subsequently rush atomic axe with +9 A/D mod. after that you go depending on enemy team, too much ap get beowolf, not much cc you can get Huntress Crossbow, opportunities to splitpush or heavy tank on enemy team get deathstroke.

With this build at around lv6-9 you can either blow up Marksmen or Blasters in 1 combo, and with the deathstroke you can make their tank feel like a soft toy. Not to mention the immense damage on towers she does, literally about 10 hits with high atk speed meaning a few seconds for a turret to melt.

Thanks for the read, and I'm hoping to be posting some guides soon on my twitter and youtube channel, still in the process of setting up my social media and even a website Coming SoonTM

You can follow me for updates if you want or watch me stream on twitch.tv/IC_tspark / https://twitter.com/ICEU_tSpark
    "In brightest day, in blackest night,

No evil shall escape my sight.

Let those who worship evil's might

Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!"