Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Huntress' Crossbow

Quote Originally Posted by Wurm_king View Post
    I think it is perfect the way it is. mod it for more attack damage and it goes great on atomic ww, catwoman, gaslight Catwoman (especially once they nerf her to make it so her skills are he main damage point), and doomsday. its a niche item right now because we don't have as many ADC champions who rely on there abilities over physical attacks. the reason we have such a verity of cooldown artifacts for power damage characters is because what most power damage characters rely on is there abilities.

Sorry what?, If not for the fact that many resource based champs need will or regen this item would be far more used. and if you look at its CDP/PD counterparts it is pretty meh.

Look at cosmic staff or pandora's Box or Lance PD/CDR items and all substantially more powerful than crossbow esp when you take the available mods into consideration. But then that also lends to the growing issue that PD items have far more variable stats than AD.

I don't know if they're planning to change it, but I like this item a lot for certain champs. It isn't a first purchase or anything, but it's an item I look forward to purchasing for that very nice CDR and AD boost.

I really hope they don't add some unneeded stat or a niche active that makes it less efficient for those champs while still not being an effective choice for the others.

the fact that only a handful few of champion that need this artifact as core already shows how useless this artifact is, and is even worthless on any AD champion cuz if any AD champion that actually need this as a core to deal dmg with that much of CD on his skill that champion is gonna be ****, the reason why AWW didnt become like that cuz she has 3 skill to utilize for dmg and utility and is a energy based champion , imagine her to be will based, anyone will drop her in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiled98 View Post
    the fact that only a handful few of champion that need this artifact as core already shows how useless this artifact is, and is even worthless on any AD champion cuz if any AD champion that actually need this as a core to deal dmg with that much of CD on his skill that champion is gonna be ****, the reason why AWW didnt become like that cuz she has 3 skill to utilize for dmg and utility and is a energy based champion , imagine her to be will based, anyone will drop her in a heartbeat.
    Tbh i have been saying for a while Itemisation really does punish will based AD's , If you have a PD you can get will and regen in spades with minimal negative effect. AD's not only lack the items but Turbine have admitted they are making so AD chars skill focussed so this item will become great for the likes of the revamped gascat IF they fix the lack off will generation items since they killed deadshots.

Protector

The big will item for PD is still ASL, which ADs can get without penalty. It also provides generous CDR.

Quote Originally Posted by Volandum View Post
    The big will item for PD is still ASL, which ADs can get without penalty. It also provides generous CDR.
    Incorrect.

A PD can go EoE to make the most , Yet you only really see Abin Surs on chars without Will modifiers as PD users get it sourced elsewhere WITH main and secondary stats.

Yet AD have the nerfed Deadshots with 0 regen , And have the Timehunters which for many is a bad joke item. Its why many have questioned the Itemisation given that a Blaster can build MS/Will/PD/CDR on items with no "dead" stats , However the same can't be said for AD's.

A mod that adds an active that does a small single target damage nuke would be cool.

Protector

Quote Originally Posted by Dannin View Post
    Incorrect.

A PD can go EoE to make the most , Yet you only really see Abin Surs on chars without Will modifiers as PD users get it sourced elsewhere WITH main and secondary stats.

Yet AD have the nerfed Deadshots with 0 regen , And have the Timehunters which for many is a bad joke item. Its why many have questioned the Itemisation given that a Blaster can build MS/Will/PD/CDR on items with no "dead" stats , However the same can't be said for AD's.
    Make the most of what? And what do you mean by without will modifiers? The Eye is not particularly attractive for PD without other Will items (especially ASL). ASL grants will and a vast amount of CDR, Eye grants Will, PD and Movespeed. If you just want PD and Will Logoz and Qward are more efficient options.

Usually I run both ASL and Eye, without mod on Eye. You've made me think a bit more about the eye and it occurs to me that I probably, most of the time, would rather have the +200 Will mod than the Will Force 2 mod. Thanks!
    Last edited by Volandum; 07-14-2014 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Volandum View Post
    Make the most of what? And what do you mean by without will modifiers? The Eye is not particularly attractive for PD without other Will items (especially ASL). ASL grants will and a vast amount of CDR, Eye grants Will, PD and Movespeed. If you just want PD and Will Logoz and Qward are more efficient options.

Usually I run both ASL and Eye, without mod on Eye. You've made me think a bit more about the eye and it occurs to me that I probably, most of the time, would rather have the +200 Will mod than the Will Force 2 mod. Thanks!
    However you yourself have confirmed your own suggestion fails.

ASL + EoE work for support and will hungry blasters/controllers , Please point me to a similar combo without dead stats on the AD side thats as efficient.

20% CDR (based on full stacks) , Will , PD , MS, Regen, Aura from just 2 items on the AD side that match the output provided by that combo as none of those states are "dead" on any blaster or controller.

Protector

ASL + Deadshots? Intensity is crazily strong - with 1300 bonus will you're looking at starting fights with around 1800 will for procs around 90 on every auto, and single-target skill, you get 20% cdr at full stacks, Will, AD, AS, Regen, Aura from 2 items. You can have 26 bonus ad from the Deadshots mod too (actually it lies, you only get 19.5).

What do you mean by dead stats?