Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

The_Dycer's Coast City Marina Mania

I am here to announce a onetime engagement happening July 22-26 on the North American servers, and accessible via a computer near you.

The_Dycer's Coast City Marina Mania is coming, and here's your chance to join!
    1) Form a Team!: Bring your friends together and submit a roster of 5, with team name, to me in a private message in the forums.

2) Practice!: I will be creating a Google Docs open document that will have all the team names and captains so you can contact each other to scrimmage/practice. The more you scrimmage and win against various teams, the more likely you will receive a high tournament seed, and qualify for a chance to win "pre-tournament" prizes. Team Registry!

3) Play to Win: Play your hearts out for a chance to take home one of many prizes that will be offered in this event, and to be known as the best Coast City team! Details below.

Sign ups will run until Sunday July 13th. After that you can still sign up, but with a penalty so make sure to get them in. The sooner you do means you can start earning points towards seeding sooner. The highest seeds may receive a first round bye if an odd number of teams are registered for round one. The first cut off will be at 16 teams. I will add teams in groups of fours from there out (ex. 20, 24, 28...).

When you complete a scrimmage, take a screenshot and submit it to me at [email protected]. Even a loss is counted toward participation.

If you are new to Coast City, and want to prepare a team for entry, follow the link in my signature to my Coast City guide. There are also plenty of other guides on dawnbase.com to help you play various champions on Coast City.

I hope to be hearing from many teams in the coming days and weeks. And get out there and practice. The queues may be down, but you can still host custom matches. I run them nightly as many of you know.

Need a team or help building one? Post here!

Prizes announced below!
    Last edited by The_Dycer; 07-03-2014 at 11:02 AM.
    The Coast City Nightly Games!
    A Coast City Guide: Updates SoonTM
    The Definition of SoonTM

My Guide for IC_Frelorn

Conquer Your Lane with Starro!

I am not a Turbine employee, and do not receive the compensation/benefits/privileges that employees do. Currently I have a pending application to be the Director of the Putting Things on Top of Other Things Department.

I'm on Dawnbase! Check highly rated guides for great builds and tips!

"The Earth had too many men." - Dycer 2014

"KS, it is what Dycers do best!"- Dycer 2015

I am one with Starro! All hail Starro.

The State of The_Dycer Adress

Getting back to daily words!
    Strange word of the day; Colubriform: Shaped like a snake
    If you win a spelling bee due to "Strange word of the day", I receive 2% of the winnings.
    Most Colorful Forum Signature
    I am running low on original colors!

21 No Death games in queue without an afk this patch!

Re: The_Dycer's Coast City Marina Mania

More info (breaking up the wall of text):
    Games schedule: Tuesday: Round 1, Thursday: Round 2 (round 1 if 8 teams or less), Friday: Round 3/Semifinals, Saturday: Finals.

Tuesday: Showcase at 7pm Est and 9pm Est (Community Casters), and all matches should be started by 8:30pm Est unless team captains agree to a different time before midnight.
    Thursday: Showcase at 7pm Est and at 9pm Est (Community), and all matches should be started by 8:30pm Est unless team captains agree to a different time before midnight.
    Friday: First match at 8pm Est; second set of teams can chose to play then, or play after.
    Saturday: Finals will start at 6pm Est.

All rounds will be a best of 3. If you are not a showcased team, you must submit end game screen shots to [email protected].

If you have any questions about the tournament setup, ask here, and I will answer.
    Last edited by The_Dycer; 07-14-2014 at 06:51 PM.
    The Definition of SoonTM

My Guide for IC_Frelorn

I am not a Turbine employee, and do not receive the compensation/benefits/privileges that employees do. Currently I have a pending application to be the Director of the Putting Things on Top of Other Things Department.

If you win a spelling bee due to "Strange word of the day", I receive 2% of the winnings.

I had a very important question asked to me while in-game today. Teams that sign up for this tournament do not need to be established teams. They can be a group of friends who want to try their luck in a competitive tournament. Just as long as your group has synergy, you have a chance to win a round or two, and get a feel of what a tournament, and the preparation for one feels like.
    The Definition of SoonTM

My Guide for IC_Frelorn

Im glad someone is hosting this! Im really excited even if my team cant isnt able to play in it im really excited to see how this goes good luck dycer you'll be a great host. On another note I like my title better I understand you may have selected the name you did because the maps actual title in game is in fact Coast City Marina but the majority of the infinite crisis fanbase and community refer to it as Coasty City. If you find my name more appealing feel free to use Coast City Crusades I just feel like it has a better ring to it, a better vibe I guess. Oh and one more thing are there going to be restrictions for like say players that are on pro teams being able to join? Or maybe there could be some sort of divisions for amateur teams, pro teams, and just a team of friends that want to play?

Considering Harmony KaotikXxXNos's Avatar

would love to participate but ill be on vacation without internet during this week

Prizes!

As it stands now the Prizes are the following:

1st Place: 3000 CC/Player and 3 Month Dawnbase Premium Membership Codes

2nd Place: 2000 CC/Player

3rd/4th Place: 1000 CC/Player

Also with every round you win, you win an IC skin code of choice (based on what the Stream Team has available).
    The Definition of SoonTM

My Guide for IC_Frelorn

Re: Prizes!

Darn, I would've loved to compete. Unfortunately, no internet vacations are a thing. Good luck to all teams competing, and hopefully this is a huge success, so that more of these can be hosted!

Good luck with this.
    Sinestro Corps Member

@lyri
    o
    n

f
    f

n
    o

Protector

I like that if anyone ever wonders who's running the tournament it's right there in the title, convenience.

Signup Changes

You no longer need to submit a substitute name with your registration! I have removed that bottleneck so more teams can register themselves in the tournament. I hope you take advantage of this rule change!

Remember, I just need your preliminary roster of 5. If you think your roster may change slightly, you can register, but let me know you may change out a player or two. This insures you will be registered for the tournament, and allows you start earning points towards tournament seeding and prizes from Turbine.

If you do not sign up before July 13th, you can still register under the late registration structure. You will not be eligible to gain points toward seeding so you would need to pray to the random generation Gods that you do not get the lowest seed.

And check your inboxes! If you sent something to me, I responded in one form or another. There are a few teams out there who have not completed their registrations properly so get that fixed right away!
    Last edited by The_Dycer; 07-01-2014 at 10:23 AM.
    The Definition of SoonTM

My Guide for IC_Frelorn