Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: GH tier list for July 2014

Doomsday the easiest Champ? I must disagree, because Gas Cat says that she would like a word with you.

And as RealName points out, K/D/A ultimately means nothing. My best game to date was a 40-4 as Flash (post knock-up nerf) and I ended up losing the match. So apparently one competent player with four new players loses to five competent players who work well as a team.

And the tier list is a great step in the right direction, BUT it can be misleading. For example, Flash is one of my mains. I have stuck with him through all of the nerfs. I feel as though if he can just get a higher scaling on his Q, then he will be in a perfect spot. But on to my point: A competent Flash player will do well, and most likely help the team secure a victory. BUT a bad Flash player can easily cost your team the game.
    Almost 12,000 Crisis Coins gone to waste...I am a sad panda.

V3G3TA: "Im pretty confident about my member...probly why I use Ham, and focus on the W, not the kdr...big guy thrwin his meat around sayin stuff. one really understands...with hair fom the 80 s...yep.. that ham makes me feel li myself"

Quote Originally Posted by Xoulrath View Post
    Doomsday the easiest Champ? I must disagree, because Gas Cat says that she would like a word with you.

And as RealName points out, K/D/A ultimately means nothing. My best game to date was a 40-4 as Flash (post knock-up nerf) and I ended up losing the match. So apparently one competent player with four new players loses to five competent players who work well as a team.

And the tier list is a great step in the right direction, BUT it can be misleading. For example, Flash is one of my mains. I have stuck with him through all of the nerfs. I feel as though if he can just get a higher scaling on his Q, then he will be in a perfect spot. But on to my point: A competent Flash player will do well, and most likely help the team secure a victory. BUT a bad Flash player can easily cost your team the game.
    To be fair that applies to any champ, but I would rather see some champs fed more then others, fed flash might are well be Nightmare flash because there is no escape from fed flash, you will die unless you can 4-5v1 him. I think fed flash is MUCH scarier then fed DD,robin,gas joker, wonderwoman and batman (those nerfs a while ago still are taking there toll on Mr. Wayne )

Yeah, but just remember that a player has to do well enough with Flash to get fed in the first place.
    Almost 12,000 Crisis Coins gone to waste...I am a sad panda.

V3G3TA: "Im pretty confident about my member...probly why I use Ham, and focus on the W, not the kdr...big guy thrwin his meat around sayin stuff. one really understands...with hair fom the 80 s...yep.. that ham makes me feel li myself"

Protector

But on to my point: A competent Flash player will do well, and most likely help the team secure a victory. BUT a bad Flash player can easily cost your team the game.
    That's something about players, which is beside the point. A list like this will assume other things being equal. That said, the current state of the list really feels that champions are quite well balanced - pretty much anyone can take on anyone.

Nice to see the champs I use are high up on the list
    Azarath Metrion Zinthos!

Gascat may get more kills on a very, very low level, but overall she's way harder to master and be actually really good, with doomsday? you only need a couple of days to know everything, there's nothing huge to learn on him, except maybe that when he's on ¨Rage¨ his charge will go 50% further.

Many gascat players don't even know the little things on their skills, and i don't think she's all that easy basically for the squishy factor.

With that said, to each his own.

Honestly, you don't even need to "know" the little things on her skills, for Gascat.

Q acts as a poke.

W is a damage skill.

E is your escape.

R is pure damage.

I mean that's pretty much it. Yeah, there are better tactical uses for skills, like W's increased damage under 50%, E's increased damage with Auto or W, etc. However, you can pretty much disregard all of these and still play a very successful Gascat. The only thing I think you should know is when escaping, don't run in the same direction when using E, try to confuse the chaser, but aside from that, Gascat's pretty easy to use. Sure, mastering her will yield better results, but a newbie playing her can get pretty close to the same results.

Once you have a good build for her, item wise, you're pretty much set. There's basically 2 combos you do, and aside from that, it's just knowing when to engage and when to not, etc. Anyone who has played any MOBA should do well with her.
    Last edited by Liy010; 07-13-2014 at 11:27 AM.

Protector

Knowing when to engage is the main challenge for all melee, which actually makes melee relatively difficult to play relative to ranged. Some ranged champs are very straightforward to play.

Most people have less complicated skills than gascat, characterising her R as pure damage is highly misleading, it's most of her mobility.

Star Sapphire:
    Q: Damage
    W: Damage
    E: Damage + CC
    R: AoE CC

Green Arrow:
    Q: Escape
    W: Damage
    E: Damage
    R: Damage

Shazam:
    Q: CC + Damage
    W: do not use
    E: Slow + Damage
    R: Damage + Mobility

Mecha Wonder Woman:
    Q: Damage
    W: Escape
    E: Steroid
    R: Damage

Lucho Conquerer CH4_BrianFantana's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Volandum View Post
    Shazam:
    Q: CC + Damage
    W: do not use
    E: Slow + Damage
    R: Damage + Mobility
    Lol it's so true, and such a shame too.
    Formerly Known as Hammerreborn

Come watch me at my Twitch Stream. I'm a community streamer, and I currently give away free swag every Friday and Sunday nights. Come for the swag, stay for the IC and Comics.

You can see up to date updates about times and giveaways and other events at my thread found here.

You stay classy Ron Burgandy

Quote Originally Posted by KoH_Genericke View Post
    Tier 2
    Aquaman (AD)

Tier 3

Aquaman
    This just makes me scratch my head. Aquaman being in the lowest tier. AD Aquaman being above PD Aquaman?

Your reasoning being you can achieve the same results with PD Wonder Woman? Huh? Aquaman doesn't put himself into the thick of things whatsoever with his Q, additionally hitting a max range Q with Aquaman does leaps and bounds more damage. Aquaman's Q is also nearly less than double cooldown in comparison to WW's Q.

Aquaman is probably easily a Tier 0 champion alongside Star Sapphire. If you go against one who knows what they're doing, it's a nightmare. Even if you're going against a player who doesn't know what they're doing, his passive ensures that hit or miss, he gets bonus damage on his autoattacks. This passive isn't restricted by cooldown, and the synergy with Psi-Scimitar make it ridiculous.
    Last edited by TeaSeeOh; 07-16-2014 at 12:34 AM.