Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Re: Letter From The Creative Director: July 7th

I just want to voice my support for all of the IC team!

I know there will be plenty of detractors on here voicing concerns over the delay in more champion releases, however, quality of life changes and improvements to the IC experience will pay dividends later on. When (it's not an if) more champions are released the game will have evolved passed the status quo to be something more inclusive. I hope that those who really do want to see this game grow don't turn off IC until September. New champions are not the end all be all to this game. I hope to see this game grow and I believe in the IC team to accomplish that.

In terms of growing the game, if you're currently playing then WE ALL should be working to grow the community and teaching new players. We can all stop afk'ers and poor players by responding not with hate/disgust but with a helping hand. Lend support to those players, get your friends interested and support things like Dycer's CC tournament. Now is the opportunity to focus on taking a major leap forward in a well-thought out manner. The players looking at this as a death knell for IC can gripe all they like and respond to things with venom, but if you truly support IC then you already know you're not accomplishing anything. Constructive criticism rather than pointless ranting will do more good than anything else. Lead by example and ask yourself how are you helping to grow this game?

I raise a glass to Cardell and the rest of the team! Good Luck and Godspeed! We're rooting for you!
    - Krypton is for Lovers -

So Turbine, ball's in your court. We'll see you in 2 months. I really think you should look around though, other games are on to something. There is no reason why you combine Batman with Moba and don't see success. Unless of course your execution was so flawed that you were always destined to fail. Here's a crazy though, Turn the thing off for 2 months, and make it a good game. I mean you've effectively killed it for 2 months with this announcement. Turn the game off and figure it out.

Could we at least know who the next character is and what their skill set would have been? Today was like waking up on Christmas day only to see that there are no presents under the tree.

Providing Harmony ItsThatAsianBoy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KGS_Supreme View Post
    Turn the thing off for 2 months, and make it a good game. I mean you've effectively killed it for 2 months with this announcement. Turn the game off and figure it out.
    This is what I was thinking too.
    You've pretty much killed the game for 2 months, make it official and close the servers for 2 months, make it the best that it can be and open it again in September and make a huge push and give it another go.

Considering Harmony Myrddraal87's Avatar

I think people may be overreacting here just a little. Sure it's disappointing that we wont get any new champions for a couple of months but there's some things they can do in the meantime to help the game. For a start, i think they should open up Coast City, everyone I've spoke to in-game really wants that map to be opened up for queuing. Second, more costume releases, proper DC related ones, instead of things like Luchador Atrocitus and the various other 'joke' skins as people call them.

I just hope at the end of this 2 month break that we get a multiple champion release and a new UI. I'll continue to play until then to see what happens because at the end of the day i like this game and have no interest in playing any other MOBA.

Community Advocate CH4_BrianFantana's Avatar

We get it asian and supreme. You're leaving for two months, the game is dead. Stop beating the dead horse and **** already. Excuse my french, but you two are just sucking each other off for three pages already.

I on the other hand, look forward to being able to use merit to unlock more amp pages, and giving you know, constructive feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrddraal87 View Post
    I think people may be overreacting here just a little. Sure it's disappointing that we wont get any new champions for a couple of months but there's some things they can do in the meantime to help the game. For a start, i think they should open up Coast City, everyone I've spoke to in-game really wants that map to be opened up for queuing. Second, more costume releases, proper DC related ones, instead of things like Luchador Atrocitus and the various other 'joke' skins as people call them.

I just hope at the end of this 2 month break that we get a multiple champion release and a new UI. I'll continue to play until then to see what happens because at the end of the day i like this game and have no interest in playing any other MOBA.
    You say this...but each summer giveaway I've done, Aquaman has been the most requested skin, and you know which no one wants (6 people in two weeks have turned it down), the Killing Joke inspired beach Joker skin. You know, the actual proper DC related one.
    Last edited by hammerreborn; 07-08-2014 at 10:53 AM.
    Formerly Known as Hammerreborn

Come watch me at my Twitch Stream. I'm a community streamer, and I currently give away free swag every Friday and Sunday nights. Come for the swag, stay for the IC and Comics.

You can see up to date updates about times and giveaways and other events at my thread found here.

You stay classy Ron Burgandy

let's compromise : we get one more announcement and champion before the break. then everyone knows whats happening and all is fine

I can live with no new champions, i like all those already in game and have enough fun with them.
    therefore i appreciate your effort to go for the real problems.

I feel you are doing a good job, but you are pretty slow on certain issues. I recommend you to review some of the older feedback threads in the forum (especially misc sub forum), there are some good points in there that didn't get much attention yet.

Protector

Quote Originally Posted by TgW_AgentX View Post
    I just want to voice my support for all of the IC team!

I know there will be plenty of detractors on here voicing concerns over the delay in more champion releases, however, quality of life changes and improvements to the IC experience will pay dividends later on. When (it's not an if) more champions are released the game will have evolved passed the status quo to be something more inclusive. I hope that those who really do want to see this game grow don't turn off IC until September. New champions are not the end all be all to this game. I hope to see this game grow and I believe in the IC team to accomplish that.

In terms of growing the game, if you're currently playing then WE ALL should be working to grow the community and teaching new players. We can all stop afk'ers and poor players by responding not with hate/disgust but with a helping hand. Lend support to those players, get your friends interested and support things like Dycer's CC tournament. Now is the opportunity to focus on taking a major leap forward in a well-thought out manner. The players looking at this as a death knell for IC can gripe all they like and respond to things with venom, but if you truly support IC then you already know you're not accomplishing anything. Constructive criticism rather than pointless ranting will do more good than anything else. Lead by example and ask yourself how are you helping to grow this game?

I raise a glass to Cardell and the rest of the team! Good Luck and Godspeed! We're rooting for you!
    We all here support the game, and want to see it have sucess, but Turbine it's making very hard for players to keep on. If we'll have two months without new characters, they al least coul tell us in wich characters they are working , the closest ones to lauch and the ones wich are still far away from seeing the light. And more, wich real improvements are coming out. A DC moba is a truly fantastic ideia, but there are plenty of other good mobas in maket, including Smite, where you play with gods! Don't get me wrong, but Smite had a inferior idea/"license" and made a game that works lot beter. We all want IC to be a great sucess, but the players need a reason to keep playing this mobna, instead of the 587 other ones out there

Really people here have no patience, what they can do, grow extra arms to get the work finished faster?
    I also hate only having champion balance this 2 months but I enjoy the current champion pool and we all know some of them need changes to be better.
    They didn't say, "hey we go on holiday see you in 2 months", they are still working on the game.

And more, wich real improvements are coming out.
    He mentions it, in September we can expect:

- Full tutorial
    - New UI design
    - Better graphics/stability
    - New champions (don't know if keeping the regular 3 week release or more than one)
    Etc.
    Last edited by Unilord; 07-08-2014 at 11:01 AM.

Yeah as much as i love the "idea" of this game, the biggest thing is has going for it is the release of new champions and the balance of old ones in order to keep the roster up all up to date. But i am seeing SOOOO many big name players in my friends list that just wont play this game any more. There are tons of the twitch streamers who used to stream this game and no longer do, and teams with awesome sponsorships are up and disbanding all the time because this game is not a pro sport type of game yet. Ive been tempted to go off and play Dawngate, Smite, and other games simply because those games sound awesome and are making from what i hear "consistent progress" and the only reason i havent done so yet is because ive wanted a DC Moba FOREVERrrrrr. its just the coolest idea for a moba but the execution of its creation just isnt there yet, its not being balanced correctly, and with the number of players declining all the time queues get longer and matches get less and less fun. One reason for that is because you end up fighting people outside of your skill range, weather they are too good, or too new the 10 min queues arent worth having one team surrender the match at 15mins.
    Now dont get me wrong, i love this game but sometimes the things you guys do the game make us wonder, "did they even think this through?". One example was the gambits, games were almost impossible to win if you didnt buy them because by late game everyone who had them were 2 or 3 items ahead. Another would be Ra's Al Ghuls, if you bought that early enough they COULD NOT kill you without their entire team beating on you for the entire duration of the passive and it could be used to tank towers, it was super dumb to say the least. and now the turrets do **** damage for the first couple hits, which really sucks for Mid laners and squishy champions who need that safe place to fall back on.
    By no means do i wanna leave this game for good, but i can definitely see players playing much less till September. I really just cant see this being a good thing for this games population what so ever, its already way too small as it is and with the queue times scaring new players off i cant see this game benefiting from this. Just keep in mind that there are TONS of people waiting for new champs to start playing this game, i know a guy who wont play this till you guys put in Nightwing, and another who is a huge Martian Man Hunter fan, releasing champions will bring more players. It wont bring better gameplay as long as balancing sucks, but it will bring more players trying the game and buying the champions. Which means shorter queue times, and in extension to that more players staying with this game and giving A LOT more input.