Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Time to be "TERRIFIC!!!"

Posted this a while back and thought I'd bring him back out now that we have some of the more popular heroes/villains(I know there are a few more we would like to see *cough, Deathstroke/Lobo/Martian Manhunter, cough*) But seeing as how the IC devs are liking the concept of a little more complexity to their champs, this one is right up there with Aqua, Arrow, BB.

Mr. Terrific

Basic Attk: Ranged

Role :Controller

Alignment: Hero

Universe of Origin: Prime

Char. Power: Mr. Terrific's Surveillance Camera- The Camera's stay on field Longer, but only gives you two charges(No increased vision)
    *Note: I'd really like this to be Mr. Terrific's EMP- Allows you to disable Cams and traps in an area. But I don't know how effective it would be in games. Seems like it might be limited to GD or CC maps due to not a lot of use of Cams and, honestly, traps(hardly ever see these used, might be used more if they stealth after activation though read that in the Stolen Powers forum NOT TAKING CREDIT for the idea).

Description: Mr. Terrific's play will be based largely around his T-Spheres. The amount he has at his disposal will determine how much Extra Armor he has, as well as, his ranged capabilities. I would also like these to determine how it will affect his abilities, but that might be asking for too much. Going a little out of order with the abilities, but you will understand why as you read on.

Passive- T-Sphere Science: Create an Additional Sphere that acts as Nano-Mesh distributors for ATTK/PWR armor, and be used for other abilities. Scales with levels-Only "X" amt of spheres can created at a time, max I feel should be 5. He will auto-start with two, this is huge for the dynamics of his play-style.

R- "That's Terrific!": Powers up other Abilities to it's "Terrific" version. I've marked all Ulted versions with the "quotations". Upgrade one ability permanently every time you lvl your ult.(like Kha'zix from LoL), or Like Aquaman just gives you access to the upgraded move set with a cool down

Q- Fair Play: Mr. Terrific's Spheres release Nano-mesh to increase his/or target ally Power and Attk Armor when Enemy Champs are near, he/target ally gains "X" amount per Enemy Champ. (You know, to keep things fair)

"T-Sphere Shot-put": Throw one of your T-Spheres to give you brief vision in an area before it self-destructs dealing "X" amt of Power DMG.(You lose a sphere)

W-Sphere-Sault: Grab onto two spheres to pull yourself to target location(requires two spheres that you do not lose, but those two won't be able to be used for 5 secs). This ability is meant as a repositioner or escape.

"Sphere-Shock": When going to target location you leave one sphere behind(losing that sphere) that briefly stuns anyone in a radius of the sphere.

E- Sphere-Field: Creates, by using 2 spheres, a target area that protects allies but attks enemies.(You lose 2 spheres)

"Holo-Field": Creates, by using 3 spheres, 2 holo-graphic copies of Mr. Terrific that have "X" amt of health and deal DMG instead of the shield they normally do. This field doesn't boost allies armor and lowers enemies field of vision. It is a larger area than the Sphere-Field, but the holo-grams can't leave this area.(You lose 3 spheres) Why do you lose 3, when there are only 2 copies? 2 for the copies and 1 for the field.
    They won't do their own thing or attk w/o being told and they cannot be controlled independently(like Tibbers, LoL ref.)

To help you better understand this hero

Bio: What can be said to describe Michael Holt? Olympic Gold-medal Decathlete, Has 14 Ph.D.'s, a self-made millionaire and this was all before he took up the mantle as, the Second, "Mr. Terrific". He has, as he calls it, "a natural aptitude for having natural aptitudes", which means easily picking up and retaining complex skills and abilities that other men spend their entire lives perfecting. He also has been the chairman of the JSA(Justice Society of America), regarded as the 3rd smartest man in the DCU, and inventor of the T-Spheres. I based his kit on this description with hopes that I retain his authenticity with it.
    Last edited by DarkHawkVII; 08-04-2014 at 09:47 PM.

Re: Time to be "TERRIFIC!!!"

It looks interesting. But I'm not sure if the T spheres thing would work, though it looks good on paper.
    Last edited by Unilord; 07-09-2014 at 02:50 AM.

It works like Syndra's Spheres that she has floating around her. But smaller and they attk, he uses them for spells, just as she does on hers.

I feel that with some tweaks this build could be a controller. my thinking is though that his passive should create the sphere's every X seconds and increasing its level gives you more sphere's and have his q do something dual purpose like assign it to friendly champion it auto heals every X seconds for X amount, or adds a shield for X seconds and have it do something like slow or armor rend and a small amount of damage when used on an enemy. but that is just my opinion.

Sounds great, Passive change to T-sphere Science and instead of Fair Play, and move Fair Play to his Q keeping the Shot-put as his "Terrific" move. Instead of the spheres attk they could represent shields, much like Oriana(I know, I know two LoL ref., but I did play a lot of it b4 this)

Made some suggested changes to Mr. T, spheres working as shields and disruptors instead of solely dmg based. This suits him, being a team leader and given his background.

But maybe in another universe he could have Spheres that Attacked with him

just remember that his passive should also do something beneficial for him along with the T sphere's. like for example nightmare superman's passive not only allows for resurrection, but also gives him bonus will, doomesday's passive gives him bonus health I think along with his damage reduction against last champion to kill him.

It does give him attk armr and pwr armr, until he uses the Q to give it to someone else, if that's what you meant. Fair Play just gives him a boost based on the amt of enemy champs nearby to him or target ally. But overall, solid controller? What does everyone else think needs tweaked to be viable for IC development?

I probably should have named this thread "Can we get one more black man in this game?" I would have gotten more views like the black female thread(which is a great idea too) Again my vote Vixen and then BumbleBee(a thread on Bumblebee is up, good concept).

I really like the Stolen Powers targeting EMP / Health / Speed. Although it would pigeon-hole it to only GD