Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Considering Harmony

Release all champs for FREE

Seriously, let's have this discussion. It's the only way forward. No amount of tinkering or overhaul can really save this game. I mean if you're heading towards a shutdown anyway you might as well try it.

Fans will still buy skins, you might convert a few freebie players to pay for some cosmetics. Players might stick around which is what this game desperately needs; A healthy injection of new but devoted players. Get those ques down.

Do we really need a paywall for a game that's struggling this much? Might as well charge 60 bucks and you'd have the same amount of players.

Re: Release all champs for FREE

I can certainly support unlocking some "core" champions for all the different roles but unlocking all champs? Not so sure that is really a good idea. I can support unlocking all current champions for a fee like £20 / £30 and than charging for future "expansions" of champions. Like £12 for the next 10 champions or something.
    But giving all champions is not really a good idea at all.

I like the idea of some champs being unlocked through the tutorial like what they did with Gasbat. Perhaps an easy to play champion for each role. Beyond that, I don't think it's necessary.

Without the paywall as you call it, Turbine makes no money. Without that, the game dies.

Valve is sitting on billions of dollars and can give away cars if they wanted to.
    Formerly xocgx.........vegemike is just easier to pronounce!
    Steam name is xocgx
    Steam Forum name is Vegan

acho isso uma coisa muito legal pois assim vai começar ser uma coisa justa e não teria aquele negocio de enfrentar o campeão mais fraco

This comes up allot, its not realistic, DC and WB need their cut , these are copyright characters from DC comics so they can never be used in another business for free. But their price could be reduced or merit gain raised. League Gives a free character and skin for Facebook + Twitter + Youtube subscriptions, plus they have lower costs, and they explain every item you'll be upgrading in their game without you having to log in and make a decision within seconds or go to an external website. I don't like the idea of following after them but new players need these things in Infinitecrisis...

Also the game isn't dieing theyre trying to improve it, but it can die with an attitude of fear instead of promoting the game and coming up with ideas that help grow its community..

If you

Want shorter Queue's - Invite more players
    Want the game to live - Invite more players
    Want Ranking - Invite more players
    Want better matchmaking - Invite more players

As for Turbine:

We probably need what other Mobas have:

Items / artifacts explained - without external websites

Lower prices for champs or faster merit gain - Any game you go to where it takes 10 times as long to achieve anything without
    paying is a game most are repelled from.

Interface Tweaks - Some people cant click anything

Better Game appearance on lower settings - Currently removes shadows and shaders, but also makes textures look horrible for people with low end machines

Twitch feeds in main menu - Keep that excitement up with twitch promotion

Unified Chat system - Were not even being placed in the same chatroom, people are constantly saying "Is anyone on?" ... thats just horrible to see anywhere.
    Last edited by Nenilai; 07-09-2014 at 04:06 PM.
    If You Would Like Help With Anything
    Add me as a friend, Nenilai In game
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Notable Player: Mr_Lucho (The First Advocate, he is to us as Kickass is to street heroes, friend this guy)
    Awesome Dev: IC_Celestrata (One of the coolest devs and just an inspirational person, she knows everything o_o)
    - Advocate Team -
    Here to answer questions you may have:
    BertRaccoon, BuddahMonk, Bladelordcal, Cates, Chronolinq, CH4_BrianFantana, CH4_Ron-Burgundy, C.Mystagen, Dage, F3_KTPearee, Gogollum, H2k_tSpark, Internettoughguy, Kuzon, Milutin, MrLucho, Nenilai, Nickthedevil, Paradigm, PeterPlatinum, Sacrilege, SicK.Kuma, TFX-Kirr, TgW_AgentX
    --------------------------------------------------
    Tor lorek san, bor nakka mur, Natromo faan tornek wot ur.
    Ter Lantern ker lo Abin Sur,Taan lek lek nok...Formorrow Sur!

Quote Originally Posted by Vegemike View Post
    Without the paywall as you call it, Turbine makes no money. Without that, the game dies.

Valve is sitting on billions of dollars and can give away cars if they wanted to.
    Smite.

10 chars.

I have spent some money on this game. I feel any character I bought I should get refunded back as crisis coins or merit (depending on the method I bought them). If that was done, I would have no problem with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegemike View Post

I don't know. The grinding of champions is even more time consuming than LoL. I'm not an hardcore gamer, and everything I was able to farm up these months were Atomic GL and Cyborg. I then proceeded to buy Superman and a couple skins, but the perspective of keeping on farming like a Chinese for the next champ put me down, and now I don't even play anymore (there are other factors coming into matter, but I'd like to keep talking about the topic subject).
    If I had the whole roster on hands, I'd DEFINITELY enjoy the game more, and I'm sure I would have put a lot more cash into the game, in skins. Let's not even start talking about game balance, and the necessity to have every hero playable in order to counter certain strategies.

I think I was the average player, playing occasionally, solo queuing, not stuck in a specific role. And let me tell you, the game is not enjoyable at all in the average guy point of view. With everyone available in the roster, maybe they'll earn less per player, but I'm 100% positive there will be more people keeping the game in their HD.

And let's not compare this game to LoL. Copying the business model of such a monumental game, with its huge player base and a perfectly timed release, was a terrible move. It's like a software engineer started to code a mediocre copy of the Windows OS pretending to sell it for 500 dollars. The result would be the same we're witnessing with this game

Quote Originally Posted by Necronsis View Post
    I have spent some money on this game. I feel any character I bought I should get refunded back as crisis coins or merit (depending on the method I bought them). If that was done, I would have no problem with this.
    Bingo. I paid $100 for a Founders Pack to support Turbine while the game was still in closed beta. They've already given two of those Champs away for free. I would have been fine with Crisis Coins or Merit equal to what those Champs cost at the time that they were given away, but I didn't.

If all of the Champs are free for anything more than a week to try to draw players, then I want a refund.
    V3G3TA: "Im pretty confident about my member...probly why I use Ham, and focus on the W, not the kdr...big guy thrwin his meat around sayin stuff. one really understands...with hair fom the 80 s...yep.. that ham makes me feel li myself"