Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Live Q&A Dev Chat: eSports Wednesday July 16th!

We hope everyone enjoyed our last Q&A with Cardell "Annuvin" Kerr.

During this last Q&A we noticed that that there were quite a few questions regarding Infinite Crisis and eSports. So, on Wednesday July 16th immediately following Kings of the Crisis, our very own Christina "Burbunny" Alejandre and Nick "Axslav" Ranish will be doing a live chat at http://www.twitch.tv/infinitecrisis to answer questions about Infinite Crisis and eSports.

If you have can't attend the chat, post your question here and we may ask it during the live chat. Otherwise, please join us in the Twitch chat and get your questions ready!

Edit for clarity: Kings of the Crisis airs every Wednesday at 6pm Eastern.
    Last edited by IC_Frelorn; 07-10-2014 at 08:30 AM.
    Community Manager, Infinite Crisis
    Andy "Frelorn" Cataldo

Re: Live Q&A Dev Chat: eSports Wednesday July 16th!

I do indeed have a question.

Does Turbine have plans for own Tournament Formats that are not associated with the ESL ala King of the Crisis or Road2Pro on the European Servers ?

Community Advocate CH4_BrianFantana's Avatar

Uh, when is this ? Not sure when Kings of the Crisis is.
    Formerly Known as Hammerreborn

Come watch me at my Twitch Stream. I'm a community streamer, and I currently give away free swag every Friday and Sunday nights. Come for the swag, stay for the IC and Comics.

You can see up to date updates about times and giveaways and other events at my thread found here.

You stay classy Ron Burgandy

Pax Prime, Is it happening or no. We haven't heard anything about it and would really like to know either way.

Quote Originally Posted by BrawL.Dak View Post
    Pax Prime, Is it happening or no. We haven't heard anything about it and would really like to know either way.
    I would also like to know.

Do the devs ever solicit the opinions of the pro scene for champion changes? It seems that the big changes that were semi undone to NMB would never have happened.
    Formerly xocgx.........vegemike is just easier to pronounce!
    Steam name is xocgx
    Steam Forum name is Vegan

Some questions:

Can you explain what Kings of the Crisis actually is for those who don't know anything about this format structure?

Will you eventually have a more league structure followed by a playoff system so the teams that are in the playoffs actually deserve to be in them? Basically this question is aimed at providing a much more structured focus to determine which teams are actually the best of the best and also promote a higher tier of professional play and also to provide fans of the game something to keep track of, to learn the teams and the team members, and to inspire new players to become future professional players.

Can you explain why you came bearing three maps?
    Sinestro Corps Member

@lyri
    o
    n

f
    f

n
    o

Community Advocate CH4_BrianFantana's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quiris View Post
    Some questions:

Can you explain what Kings of the Crisis actually is for those who don't know anything about this format structure?

Will you eventually have a more league structure followed by a playoff system so the teams that are in the playoffs actually deserve to be in them? Basically this question is aimed at providing a much more structured focus to determine which teams are actually the best of the best and also promote a higher tier of professional play and also to provide fans of the game something to keep track of, to learn the teams and the team members, and to inspire new players to become future professional players.
    A competition that I believe if I remember the email correctly starts at 6pm est.
    Formerly Known as Hammerreborn

Come watch me at my Twitch Stream. I'm a community streamer, and I currently give away free swag every Friday and Sunday nights. Come for the swag, stay for the IC and Comics.

You can see up to date updates about times and giveaways and other events at my thread found here.

You stay classy Ron Burgandy

Why are you focused at all on a tournament/pro/e-sports scene?

Why not just shed all of it and put 100% of your time effort and focus into making a great game where the scene just happens naturally in the community?

It all just seems to forced and it feels like this is where all your focus is and the game is suffering because of it.
    Last edited by Whateverfits; 07-15-2014 at 06:45 AM.