Page 1 of 14 123 11 ... LastLast

Patience is wearing thin

Between the flooding of the joke skins in this game(Luchador Atrocitus and now Dressed to Kill Poison Ivy? Really?), the announcement that we will be feature stagnant for 2 months, and having Gotham Divided pretty much being pushed in favor of Coast City, I am just finding myself having a hard time backing this game. I've tried to recommend this game to friends, as evident by my referral avatar, but all of them have pretty much dropped it except for a close friend of mine.

This game is feeling less and less like DC and just an obvious MOBA cash-in as a copycat of LoL. Where are the REAL comic book related skins? Red Lantern Supergirl, Classic Supergirl, Tim Drake Red Robin, Classic Batman, Classic Robin, New 52 Wonder Woman? Instead we get silly **** like Lifeguard Aquaman. Summer Laughs Joker is probably the best recently released skin, and this is because it was cleverly done. It killed two birds with one stone. The whole summer theme PLUS it's an actual comic book inspired skin. Do more of these instead of just pulling one out of your creative department's hat(Beach Party Catwoman).

Also, why are there just generic drones? What happened to Brother EYE and OMACs? These would have been incredibly suitable instead of just random robots that march down the lanes. Speaking of lanes, the inclusion of Gotham Divided completely and utterly shot this game's attempt at originality in the foot. A 3 lane map with jungle objectives? Come on, Turbine. I can't stand Dawngate, but at least it's original. I purchased the hero pack for Smite, and granted it suffers from a 3 lane, jungle objective based map it at least is attempting something original in its presentation(3rd person). As well, Smite is flooded with unique game modes: Arena, Domination(when it was available to queue for), and now Siege. Infinite Crisis? Dominion and essentially Summoner's Rift. I feel like I'd get a truer DC experience with the Night Prowler Bastet skin in Smite that got pulled.

This is just so frustrating, I think further compounded by the fact that all day I've been suffering from AFKs, random feeders, and worse yet was the random batch of input lag I suffered at the beginning of a Gotham Divided game for NO reason. I was monitoring my ping on ventrilo, watching a stream, and none of those were interrupted or suffering from high pings or network related issues. I sincerely hope that the two months Turbine is spending on working on the game goes to good use, I really do. I love DC, I love MOBAs, but the only thing I'm getting from this game is the faint sound of the toilet flushing as it goes down the drain which includes my founder's pack and Crisis Coins I purchased as well.

Yeah, I suppose another one of "these" threads. But maybe if there are enough, Turbine will get the picture. I also realize that "it's just a beta" but I've been playing since my join date. I've stuck with this game for a while now, and aside from very minor things, I haven't seen big steps in the right direction which is what is worrying me.
    Last edited by TeaSeeOh; 07-09-2014 at 10:45 PM.

Considering Harmony fourplusfive's Avatar

Re: Patience is wearing thin

White Knights form up and raise banners!

Yep, there are much better quality titles floating around right now.
    Sinestro Corps Member

@lyri
    o
    n

f
    f

n
    o

I just want to say that the ivy skin is not a joke skin, it has been used in that really horrible batman brave and the bold show, just without the shawl. and its not like she has never been seen in a gown before.

Quote Originally Posted by Wurm_king View Post
    I just want to say that the ivy skin is not a joke skin, it has been used in that really horrible batman brave and the bold show, just without the shawl. and its not like she has never been seen in a gown before.
    I might have misused the word joke in reference to the skin, regardless it gets the point across. I'm not the only one with this sentiment either, just overall the community would like to see more recognizable DC related skins. Or how about just skins for champions that don't even HAVE any; Sinestro and Nightmare Superman come to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by fourplusfive View Post
    White Knights form up and raise banners!
    AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!

Oh wait....

Quote Originally Posted by TeaSeeOh View Post
    Between the flooding of the joke skins in this game(Luchador Atrocitus and now Dressed to Kill Poison Ivy? Really?), the announcement that we will be feature stagnant for 2 months, and having Gotham Divided pretty much being pushed in favor of Coast City, I am just finding myself having a hard time backing this game. I've tried to recommend this game to friends, as evident by my referral avatar, but all of them have pretty much dropped it except for a close friend of mine.

This game is feeling less and less like DC and just an obvious MOBA cash-in as a copycat of LoL. Where are the REAL comic book related skins? Red Lantern Supergirl, Classic Supergirl, Tim Drake Red Robin, Classic Batman, Classic Robin, New 52 Wonder Woman? Instead we get silly **** like Lifeguard Aquaman. Summer Laughs Joker is probably the best recently released skin, and this is because it was cleverly done. It killed two birds with one stone. The whole summer theme PLUS it's an actual comic book inspired skin. Do more of these instead of just pulling one out of your creative department's hat(Beach Party Catwoman).

Also, why are there just generic drones? What happened to Brother EYE and OMACs? These would have been incredibly suitable instead of just random robots that march down the lanes. Speaking of lanes, the inclusion of Gotham Divided completely and utterly shot this game's attempt at originality in the foot. A 3 lane map with jungle objectives? Come on, Turbine. I can't stand Dawngate, but at least it's original. I purchased the hero pack for Smite, and granted it suffers from a 3 lane, jungle objective based map it at least is attempting something original in its presentation(3rd person). As well, Smite is flooded with unique game modes: Arena, Domination(when it was available to queue for), and now Siege. Infinite Crisis? Dominion and essentially Summoner's Rift. I feel like I'd get a truer DC experience with the Night Prowler Bastet skin in Smite that got pulled.

This is just so frustrating, I think further compounded by the fact that all day I've been suffering from AFKs, random feeders, and worse yet was the random batch of input lag I suffered at the beginning of a Gotham Divided game for NO reason. I was monitoring my ping on ventrilo, watching a stream, and none of those were interrupted or suffering from high pings or network related issues. I sincerely hope that the two months Turbine is spending on working on the game goes to good use, I really do. I love DC, I love MOBAs, but the only thing I'm getting from this game is the faint sound of the toilet flushing as it goes down the drain which includes my founder's pack and Crisis Coins I purchased as well.

Yeah, I suppose another one of "these" threads. But maybe if there are enough, Turbine will get the picture. I also realize that "it's just a beta" but I've been playing since my join date. I've stuck with this game for a while now, and aside from very minor things, I haven't seen big steps in the right direction which is what is worrying me.
    Couldn't get past the first 3 words, too much whining.
    "The progress of rivers to the ocean is not so rapid as that of man to error."

Voltaire

MOBO: ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe
    CPU: Intel i5-3570K
    GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 670 FtW 4Gb
    RAM: 16Gbs 1333MHz Corsair Venegance

Quote Originally Posted by TeaSeeOh View Post

Haven't played the game in days, saw tons of my friends stop logging on, checked forums, saw this thread, must say I agree with most everything you said, sadly it will fall on deaf ears, I've been posting issues and concerns for months and every day another person quits with noone to replace them.

Here's hoping for september if you drop the ball you will probably lose what little community you have left, no pressure.

There are more costumes coming.

Dressed to Kill Poison Ivy isn't what I would call a joke skin. It's very much in her character as a femme fatale.

Many of the comic costumes people request are not distinguishable or different enough from the base appearance, especially at game cam distance, to justify doing. They're not different enough for folks to want to buy them. And, of course, we have data on what costumes are resonating with players, and we obviously take that into account.

Red Lantern Supergirl would make for a great costume, but I do not want to do that costume without also doing custom VFX to go with it, because duh, red lantern. But right now, VFX folks are too busy on other tasks to spend time on custom VFX for a costume. Classic Supergirl, there have been a lot of classic Supergirl costumes... someone posted a image collection of all of them, and nearly all of them would be, at game scale, functionally identical to her base appearance. It's not like we haven't done these things ourselves: we've done these kinds of variants for several characters, and have discovered that it really is incredibly difficult to see changes that, ahead of time, you think are bold and different, but once you see them in-game, it's obvious folks would feel ripped off if they paid money for them.

Generic drones were chosen because we did not want to pick minions that could be tied to anyone that might end up as a playable character later on down the line. We didn't want people, because beating up on regular folks isn't something we think Superman or Wonder Woman should be doing.

We want to see Coast City outside of custom games, too: the artists have put a lot of time into the assets in CC, and have put a lot of time recently into polishing them further, and we want to see it out there. But several things have to happen first, or else turning on CC just hurts queue times for everyone. A huge part of why we're slowing things down this summer is so that we can get the work done that will set us up for doing things like reenabling CC.

but you have to remember that ivy has been around longer so they have been working on the skins for her longer then sinestro and nightmare superman. though I do agree that they should have had one for them when they were launched.

made this post before floon's showed up.

and floon, ironcily that was me who posted the image capture of all of supergirl's costumes.

and since you brought the generic drones, think about doing a Mogo map with drones and jungle creeps made to look like elemental Golems, since Mogo has gone mad before it would be easily explained by canon and you can satisfy people who are complaining about the generic drones.
    Last edited by Wurm_king; 07-10-2014 at 12:33 AM.