Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Please stop with "it's copy of LoL"

I hear a lot of people complaining about this game being like LoL. All mobas are similar and just for u LoL fanboys/girls Lol map Sanctuary Rift was a map from Dota. This game is still in beta and that being said infinite crisis is trying their best to make this game a success. When coast city comes out that's gonna be a whole new thing to mobas.

Protector

Re: Please stop with "it's copy of LoL"

Agreed, for definition MOBAs are very similar, ant that's important to people, to already know what will encounter. And yes, in the beggining LoL was almost a carbon copy form the original DotA. And besides this a whole lot of champions from LoL are a blatant copy form other medias. To name a few: Shaco = Joker, Jinx - Herley Quinn, Vayne = Huntress, Dr Mundo = Hulk (marvel), Twisted fate = gambit (marvel), Viktor = Dr Doom (marvel), Vel'Koz = Shuma Gorath (marvel), Janna = Storm (marvel . Even her backgrouns are identical, they just put 'winds' instead of 'thunder'), Ashe = drow archer (original DotA), Lucian = a relly less inspired Dante (Devil May Cry).

Quote Originally Posted by Derfelbr View Post
    Agreed, for definition MOBAs are very similar, ant that's important to people, to already know what will encounter. And yes, in the beggining LoL was almost a carbon copy form the original DotA. And besides this a whole lot of champions from LoL are a blatant copy form other medias. To name a few: Shaco = Joker, Jinx - Herley Quinn, Vayne = Huntress, Dr Mundo = Hulk (marvel), Twisted fate = gambit (marvel), Viktor = Dr Doom (marvel), Vel'Koz = Shuma Gorath (marvel), Janna = Storm (marvel . Even her backgrouns are identical, they just put 'winds' instead of 'thunder'), Ashe = drow archer (original DotA), Lucian = a relly less inspired Dante (Devil May Cry).
    This is going to be lengthy and my apologies a head of time.
    Shaco is a demon, not a crazy guy, Ill give you jinx (though I think she is at least %200 more insane then Dr. Quinn), Vayne is more Van-helsing/blade (but female)then huntress, Dr Mundo is not fueled by anger but pain and he can not changed back (as far as I know) TF yeah but he was augmented not born with his powers, Viktor willingly replaced his body parts Dr.Doom had no choice, Vel'koz is based off the Beholders from dungeons and dragons(TM), and I don't think Shuma can fly. Janna you may have she is Ororo, Ashe is very different from drow ranger they only share one ability, ones human ones drow (you may guess which is which), besides the drow race are a lot older then DOTA, Lucien reminds me more of blade sans the sword and vampire-ism with some Punisher, his back story is also much more inspired then Dantes.
    Lucien: I used to hunt evil beings with my wife Serra till she her soul was stolen by one of them (thresh) now I want to get her back and purge the world of evil
    Dante: im the son of a demon, I don't get along with my brother, I do amazing stuff and never lose my cool watch my badassity (for the record I like DMC).
    To be honest I like league a lot, but Infinite crisis is a very VERY close second. I actually like that IC is closer to league then dota. I understand there is growing pains and some characters in IC feel like 2-3 champions in league combined, but that's the good thing Gaslight joker has a bit of mundo, a bit of siver, and bit of fiddlesticks. Batman is very much like AD Akali. Arcane lanterns ult is exactly Shens, even some items are extremely similar like IE to joe chills
    These examples don't make me like the game less or more they make me adapt to having different champs with "mixed" abilities. of course some people will say its a league,dota, hon clone they are a closed minded lot, they have some points but at least give the game a chance to develop. gears was not the first 3rd person shooter, Call o' duty (despite popular belief) not the first 1st person shooter, NBA2k not the first basketball game, god of war is what happens if you lower dynasty warriors and mix in some shadow of the colossus with a pinch of tomb raider and RPG elements.
    My point is every game is inspired by something and while they may have some blatant similarities or radical differences they are here for us to enjoy, and if you do not enjoy them the answer is simple... Don't play them.
    Again my apologies it was so long and if you read the whole thing I thank you very much.

Protector

I'm not denying that IC has a lot of simmilarities with LoL, and this really doesn't bother me. But about the examples I cited, I know the'yre not identical, but I was trying to list the "inspirations" taken by LoL. For example, Shaco is not a not a common criminal turned into a crazy muderer clown, he is simply a muderer crazy clown, and Vayne, altought more related to supernatural things, like Van Hellsing , has the same background of huntress, just switching "mob leader" to "supernatural mosnter", and even has the same classic weapon os huntress.

thank you for reading but you know what huntress does not get? -1 damage from sunlight because she does not wear sunglasses. ok sorry, I know what you meant like how cho'gath is a tyranid hive tyrant , but there are a lot of differences with each character, I know a few are straight up knock offs from other things but if you look into each character they have a lot of differences. most of what you described was visual, but there is so much more to a character then looks, like bizzaro to superman visually they are quite similar but when you take motive, alignment, and such into account they are very different. I would like to post an example (I know I type a lot and I can get boring but bare with me) of Mundo and hulk

Hulk: big green, Swole AF, rage incarnate, gets stronger as he get more angry, ripped pants, below average intelligence, chaotic neutral, lacking in speech department, can survive in space, strength know no bounds, nuke proof
    Mundo: big purple, Swole AF, Actually a doctor in his transformed state, wields a clever, has an adrenalin shot in his back, enjoys pain, ripped shirt and pants, Chaotic evil, same speech as hulk. cannot survive in space. strength limited, not nuke proof
    they have a good amount of similarities but also a good amount of differences. if they fought it would not be even hulk would turn mundo to paste, it seems "Mundo only goes where hulk let him"
    ty for reading

The Best of the Brightest of the Best Mrlucho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rosanderman View Post
    thank you for reading but you know what huntress does not get? -1 damage from sunlight because she does not wear sunglasses. ok sorry, I know what you meant like how cho'gath is a tyranid hive tyrant , but there are a lot of differences with each character, I know a few are straight up knock offs from other things but if you look into each character they have a lot of differences. most of what you described was visual, but there is so much more to a character then looks, like bizzaro to superman visually they are quite similar but when you take motive, alignment, and such into account they are very different. I would like to post an example (I know I type a lot and I can get boring but bare with me) of Mundo and hulk

Hulk: big green, Swole AF, rage incarnate, gets stronger as he get more angry, ripped pants, below average intelligence, chaotic neutral, lacking in speech department, can survive in space, strength know no bounds, nuke proof
    Mundo: big purple, Swole AF, Actually a doctor in his transformed state, wields a clever, has an adrenalin shot in his back, enjoys pain, ripped shirt and pants, Chaotic evil, same speech as hulk. cannot survive in space. strength limited, not nuke proof
    they have a good amount of similarities but also a good amount of differences. if they fought it would not be even hulk would turn mundo to paste, it seems "Mundo only goes where hulk let him"
    ty for reading
    Actually, Mundo is more of a Solomon Grundy, he likes to mention his own name pretty often.
    And i understand what both of your points trying to say, but it's true that some might be really similar to comic characters, but that doesn't mean they are rip offs. Or LoL champs of IC champs Etc.
    If you are having tech issues, want to report a bug, report a player, your code isn't working or got any comment or feedback.
    GO HERE:
    http://support.infinitecrisis.com/ic.../ticketNew.asp

Submit a ticket, to do all listed above and even more.

*How To post a DxDiag

*Infinite Crisis Forum's Rules

*I'm Famous <3
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___
    MY FAV STREAMS!
    Sycogenesis' Stream :http://www.twitch.tv/sycogenesis
    Beco's Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/dps_beco
    Hammerborn's Stream: twitch.tv/hammerreborn

oh yeah I forgot about Grundy since I took a break from injustice,hulk says his name quite a bit too though, but I see the Grundy connection. speaking of, where is that zombie and why is he not playable yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Derfelbr View Post
    Shaco is far from the Joker in play and character. I understand that they have similarities, but too many people compare them without thinking when they are very very different.

In play he is an assassin (AP or AD), where Joker is burst damage. You can dodge every one of Joker's spells; Shaco hits every time (unless your clone doesn't auto for whatever reason). Yes, they both have a blink, but they work in completely different ways. Shaco can use it to engage because it grants stealth, the Joker endangers himself by trying to engage with his since he doesn't have any other mean of escape. Joker is best suited for teamfights with incredible amounts of AoE, but Shaco usually isn't geared for group skirmishes; he thrives in a 1v1 scenario.

In character Shaco kills for the pure enjoyment of killing. He doesn't stop to torment and play with his victims. He says a line or two to give the soon-to-be-dead one last chance to feel scared and it's off with their head. Even with criminal records he differs. He hasn't ever been captured by authorities.

Considering Harmony

Whether people want to hear it or not, IC is a bit TOO similar to LOL.

It's one thing to say that every moba game is similar and another thing to when it's nearly identical. No, it's not the map that people complain about, but the items that I would claim are a complete copy.

Protector

Quote Originally Posted by Xjlxking View Post
    Whether people want to hear it or not, IC is a bit TOO similar to LOL.

It's one thing to say that every moba game is similar and another thing to when it's nearly identical. No, it's not the map that people complain about, but the items that I would claim are a complete copy.
    I agree about the items, they need a total rework to be less LoL. Some characters could benefit from some alterations too, ones more than others (I'm talking to you, mr arcanegreen lantern -shen in disguise)