Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Please stop with "it's copy of LoL"

Quote Originally Posted by Xjlxking View Post
    Whether people want to hear it or not, IC is a bit TOO similar to LOL.

It's one thing to say that every moba game is similar and another thing to when it's nearly identical. No, it's not the map that people complain about, but the items that I would claim are a complete copy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derfelbr View Post
    I agree about the items, they need a total rework to be less LoL. Some characters could benefit from some alterations too, ones more than others (I'm talking to you, mr arcanegreen lantern -shen in disguise)
    Lets hear your ideas for new different item concepts then.

Quote Originally Posted by KFAL-HeroLuna View Post
    Why do they have to have item concepts for you to look at?
    Sinestro Corps Member

@lyri
    o
    n

f
    f

n
    o

Providing Harmony ItsThatAsianBoy's Avatar

The stupidest comparison I've heard was that Zyra = Poison Ivy.
    LOL fanboys make me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsThatAsianBoy View Post
    The stupidest comparison I've heard was that Zyra = Poison Ivy.
    LOL fanboys make me laugh.
    They can't be LoL fanboys then.

Anybody who's played LoL will know that Janna = Poison Ivy.

Quote Originally Posted by JLA-Lyri View Post
    Why do they have to have item concepts for you to look at?
    Because if they are saying the items are too similar, they surely have tons of ideas for totally new and awesome Items that absolutely must be in this game... Or do they ?

BTW screw you AsianBoy, one day i will win against you, mark my words... preferrably when i haven't had 8+ Beers

Providing Harmony ItsThatAsianBoy's Avatar

Because if they are saying the items are too similar, they surely have tons of ideas for totally new and awesome Items that absolutely must be in this game... Or do they ?

BTW screw you AsianBoy, one day i will win against you, mark my words... preferrably when i haven't had 8+ Beers
    Yeah sure, THAT'S why you lost

Considering Harmony

I pointed out a problem, I don't have to have a solution to point of a problem.

You can't deny that there are identical items. Like I have played this game for 120 games, I'm still only level ~20. But I automatically understood every item in this game, because they are clones

It's nice that they attempted to add variety in champs, but iconic things stand out in certain champs that you know is a copy paste effect.

I don't blame IC devs. They took what they knew worked in one game and incorporated into theirs.

There is no shame in copying, only shame when you don't admit that

You can't deny that there are identical items. Like I have played this game for 120 games, I'm still only level ~20. But I automatically understood every item in this game, because they are clones

It's nice that they attempted to add variety in champs, but iconic things stand out in certain champs that you know is a copy paste effect.

I don't blame IC devs. They took what they knew worked in one game and incorporated into theirs.

There identical items, it's true, i mean, some of them played LoL, but saying EVERY item is a lie.
    Unless you can tell me what is the equal of Mirror Prism, i'd be so glad.
    Refundables for Health, Power and Attack.
    Booster Gold's Power Suit.
    Rip Hunter's Time Pack
    Steel's Breastplate
    Cheetah's claw
    Bleed Portal

I don't know every item of LoL but i can trust you can tell me.
    Last edited by Mrlucho; 07-12-2014 at 01:24 PM. Reason: forgot 1.
    If you are having tech issues, want to report a bug, report a player, your code isn't working or got any comment or feedback.
    GO HERE:
    http://support.infinitecrisis.com/ic.../ticketNew.asp

Submit a ticket, to do all listed above and even more.

*How To post a DxDiag

*Infinite Crisis Forum's Rules

*I'm Famous <3
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___
    MY FAV STREAMS!
    Sycogenesis' Stream :http://www.twitch.tv/sycogenesis
    Beco's Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/dps_beco
    Hammerborn's Stream: twitch.tv/hammerreborn

Items are a rip off from lol , Funny that Lol ripped of Dota/NWU/NvB which ripper off TOB , which ripped off Hosk/AoS and the list goes on.

Pretty much every current item on LoL can be found on Krums WC3 NWU 1.3 map Dreamraiser/Slks Shinobi vs Shinigami and NVB and Icefrogs DOta which were out way before LoL was even conceieved, so is lol a rip off? as many of its original characters ripped off chars like Leto from ToB (Kat) Daymare (Shen).

It just makes me laugh how people seem to think LoL is an innovative game when a good 99% of its content is rip off's of player maps in wc3/sc/sc2
    Last edited by Dannin; 07-12-2014 at 01:28 PM.

Be that as it may (I have very little MoBA experience aside from IC, so I'll take your word for the item cloning) you are almost never going to hear any creator of anything say "oh yeah I totally took that exact thing from someone else." How many musicians, painters, game developers, etc have adopted a feature of someone else's work, and incorporated it into their own; pretty much all, I would assume. That's simply the nature of innovation.

While IC may be extremely similar to LOL in some regards, it's still a young game. It may have been easier to use items that have worked in another game to start off, but as the game grows, I'm sure they will tweak the items to make them more unique and so that they suit IC's own style better. Already I know some items have undergone changes from their initial effects like fragment of Mogo.

Just give the game a bit more time; as everyone knows, it is going under extensive changes as we speak. As others have pointed out, LOL was almost a carbon copy of DOTA, but now has come into its own and evolved in a different direction from its inspiration, and I'm confident IC will do the same.