Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: Please stop with "it's copy of LoL"

So IC's gotham devided is a rip off of lol becayse its a 3 lane map? I remember you how LoL map is purple die in the upsidecorner and blue team on the leftdowbcorner. While ic its not. Also the emps plus the raider and the leviathan. Oh and free "cameras" to a max of 3.

Also i would like to mention we also have traps as a stolen power. Like this is one of my fav stolen powers, sometimes i want it on LoL.
    If you are having tech issues, want to report a bug, report a player, your code isn't working or got any comment or feedback.
    GO HERE:
    http://support.infinitecrisis.com/ic.../ticketNew.asp

Submit a ticket, to do all listed above and even more.

*How To post a DxDiag

*Infinite Crisis Forum's Rules

*I'm Famous <3
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___
    MY FAV STREAMS!
    Sycogenesis' Stream :http://www.twitch.tv/sycogenesis
    Beco's Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/dps_beco
    Hammerborn's Stream: twitch.tv/hammerreborn

Community Advocate CH4_BrianFantana's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JLA-Lyri View Post
    League has admitted to going through the archives of the old playdota forums and using them for inspiration - some guy on Reddit who created Teemo went crazy when Pendragon admitted this.

I think TeeSeeOh's point is that you can't just defend it by saying "Oh they did it too", it doesn't change fact that IC is still more or less a direct lift from League.

League has items -based- off DotA items but that is a far cry from being a copy.

Naix's skill Feast is the inspiration for League of Legends Madred's Blood Razor which became the Blade of the Ruined King, which is IC's Deathstroke's Claymore.
    The Medusa's Mask is functionally similar to Catalyst the Protector.
    Linken's Sphere inspired Banshee Viel in League which is IC's Entropy Aegis.

Infinity Edge

80 attack damage
    25% critical strike chance

Joe Chill's Revolver.

+ 70 Attack Damage
    + 20% Critical Chance

Deadly: + 50% Critical Damage

Again, they're basically the same.
    At the same time though, between LoL and DoTA alone you have probably 200+ champions, and at least 150 items. And its not like champion ideas are limitless. You can only have attack and ability power unless you want to get into elemental damaging champions for whatever reason and have hard counters as earth beats air people in some bastardized avatar like game.

And there are only so many items that can boost those abilities before you run out. There's only so many items you can make with combination of damage/speed/cd/crit before you run out
    Formerly Known as Hammerreborn

Come watch me at my Twitch Stream. I'm a community streamer, and I currently give away free swag every Friday and Sunday nights. Come for the swag, stay for the IC and Comics.

You can see up to date updates about times and giveaways and other events at my thread found here.

You stay classy Ron Burgandy

Quote Originally Posted by Mrlucho View Post
    So IC's gotham devided is a rip off of lol becayse its a 3 lane map? I remember you how LoL map is purple die in the upsidecorner and blue team on the leftdowbcorner. While ic its not. Also the emps plus the raider and the leviathan. Oh and free "cameras" to a max of 3.
    The aesthetics do not make it that different, neither do the bosses. They still require the same strategy of lane control, Dragon/raider it is no difference.

The free wards also don't change much.

Quote Originally Posted by HammerReborn
    At the same time though, between LoL and DoTA alone you have probably 200+ champions, and at least 150 items. And its not like champion ideas are limitless. You can only have attack and ability power unless you want to get into elemental damaging champions for whatever reason and have hard counters as earth beats air people in some bastardized avatar like game.

And there are only so many items that can boost those abilities before you run out. There's only so many items you can make with combination of damage/speed/cd/crit before you run out
    The majority of items in DotA and League are completely different - therein lays the difference.

Functionally items in DotA 2 are usually focused around actives and are also completely different stat wise too.

Dawngate is a new moba that whilst having -some- items that are the same as other items in League like %hp shred, MR reduction aura - sure, staple item bases really. However it is also running different style of stats and creating fresh, unique items. I feel like IC is running low in the latter regard.
    Can you name something you feel that makes IC's item database that makes it stand out?
    Sinestro Corps Member

@lyri
    o
    n

f
    f

n
    o

Quote Originally Posted by JLA-Lyri View Post
    The free wards also don't change much.

Dawngate is a new moba that whilst having -some- items that are the same as other items in League like %hp shred, MR reduction aura - sure, staple item bases really. However it is also running different style of stats and creating fresh, unique items. I feel like IC is running low in the latter regard.
    Can you name something you feel that makes IC's item database that makes it stand out?
    Copies like that aren't a bad thing. There's some things that simply are staples of the genre, with DotA/HoN being a different subgenre of MOBA compared to LoL, SMITE and IC. What matters is the overall stat picture, which in IC is slanted far more in favor of offense than it is in LoL, creating much faster and far more engaging play. The cam power helps with that, the lack of blink helps loads with that. Power damage is way higher scaled than LoL's 'Ability Power' (Which doesn't do a good job of powering abilities and does nothing for your attack, while attack damage powers both) and while attack damage is possibly a bit overscaled right now, I'd rather be instagibbed by someone I can instagib myself than have a bruiser smash my face in.

IC does a ton to innovate, what with the levelable passive and all the map interaction around, such as the Orbital Cannon or the Doomsday Device on Marina. LoL's had its chance but blew it, in my opinion, becoming a very slow, very defense oriented game of "Try to interact as little as possible.".

There's little details all over IC that puts it worlds apart from Lol, you just have to understand the impact of these little details to appreciate them.

Thank you, Lyri. There's a difference between drawing inspiration, and straight up copying. It isn't even necessarily an outright bad thing, that deserves shunning where we should spit on Turbine for drawing inspiration or copying LoL for. However, it is what it is and calling it any differently is just being silly. If people enjoy the slight differences and DC setting, so be it. I personally enjoy numerous aspects of LoL, so some of it works out to be enjoyable. However, if you're going to copy something just bring along the good not the bad, which Turbine unfortunately has.
    Last edited by TeaSeeOh; 07-14-2014 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Firellius View Post
    Copies like that aren't a bad thing. There's some things that simply are staples of the genre, with DotA/HoN being a different subgenre of MOBA compared to LoL, SMITE and IC. What matters is the overall stat picture, which in IC is slanted far more in favor of offense than it is in LoL, creating much faster and far more engaging play. The cam power helps with that, the lack of blink helps loads with that. Power damage is way higher scaled than LoL's 'Ability Power' (Which doesn't do a good job of powering abilities and does nothing for your attack, while attack damage powers both) and while attack damage is possibly a bit overscaled right now, I'd rather be instagibbed by someone I can instagib myself than have a bruiser smash my face in.
    I don't agree.
    Stats are fine and will lead to a unique playing style but for the most part IC is a direct lift.

I think Raider is a neat concept that they could really work on, but I don't think giving out giant cameras is really an innovation of the map type.

Quote Originally Posted by Firellius
    IC does a ton to innovate, what with the levelable passive and all the map interaction around, such as the Orbital Cannon or the Doomsday Device on Marina. LoL's had its chance but blew it, in my opinion, becoming a very slow, very defense oriented game of "Try to interact as little as possible.".
    Not wrong but we're keeping this to GD it seems for the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Firellius
    There's little details all over IC that puts it worlds apart from Lol, you just have to understand the impact of these little details to appreciate them.
    Honestly, I don't think it is worlds apart from League at all. I think they saw some ideas they thought they could advance on and took two steps back with it.
    Sinestro Corps Member

@lyri
    o
    n

f
    f

n
    o

Perhaps they are just taking a page out of the MMO scene. Remember the last few years MMOs came out time and time again trying to innovate too much and produced flop after flop. All of them tried to be the WoW killer, the genre breaker, and all of the failed. When there is such a large presence dominating the genre (LoL is much like WoW in this sense) it's impossible to ignore it. The logic behind it is very similar to normal monopoly logic. Recently games like Wildstar have come out who try to improve on the standard instead of change for the sake of change, and it has been very critically successful (so far, the game is very hard!)

So basically, even if Infinite Crisis is very similar to League I don't see that as a bad thing. We, as players, can't really appreciate the effect that such a large game like LoL has on the genre itself. If you look closely at trends across most new moba discussion, it's that players want LoL-like features. Infinite Crisis' similarity to LoL allows an easy transition, while definitely carving out it's own uniqueness with the drop pads, Raider, etc.

I know this is a tired comparison, but back in LoL's beta it was dismissed as a DotA clone. I remember explicitly because a friend of mine refused to play it for that reason. Games take a while to truly realise their own uniqueness. If MMOs have shown us anything, it's that trying to be too unique too quickly is a dangerous game because it's an easy way to alienate your playerbase.
    Last edited by cg_paradigm; 07-14-2014 at 09:32 AM.