Mouse cursor isn't working...

So I just downloaded the game, and my when i wanted to click in the option of pro player, begging player, or intermidiant player, I would place my mouse on top of it and click and nothing happense. It seems my mouse is located in another position around 4 fingers to the left and 2 upwards instead of where my mark is.
    Its kind of hard to explain sorry
    Any specific reason this is happening?

Re: Mouse cursor isn't working...

Not sure but there's some setting that changes where the "target" pointer actually is compared to the "firing" area. There's some offset option where you can have the target at the tip of the cursor and another puts under the "meaty" portion of the cursor.

There's also a small green area inside the cursor that indicates you are over "nothing" but turns red when you are "over something you can hit" be it drone, turret or champ.
    "C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre. C'est de la folie."
    ("It is magnificent, but it is not war. It is madness.")

~ French Marshal Pierre Bosquet ~

Turbine Customer Support IC_Mirthgar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alcrid View Post
    So I just downloaded the game, and my when i wanted to click in the option of pro player, begging player, or intermidiant player, I would place my mouse on top of it and click and nothing happense. It seems my mouse is located in another position around 4 fingers to the left and 2 upwards instead of where my mark is.
    Its kind of hard to explain sorry
    Any specific reason this is happening?
    Sounds like you may be on a higher than standard DPI (Dots Per Inch) setting for the display? Try right-clicking the desktop and choosing personalize then click the display link in the bottom left. In there set the dpi to smaller (100%) default and test the cursor position again.

I meanm, I know it's kind of silly, though I wonder if you have the correct resolution on the game. I know that happens to me on some games if my screen resolution is out of whack

Quote Originally Posted by IC_Mirthgar View Post
    Sounds like you may be on a higher than standard DPI (Dots Per Inch) setting for the display? Try right-clicking the desktop and choosing personalize then click the display link in the bottom left. In there set the dpi to smaller (100%) default and test the cursor position again.
    Nope, this doesn't help. Mainly cause it was defaul already.

Infinite Crisis QA Lead IC_Juicebox's Avatar

This is a bug we're trying to track down & fix - if you're in windowed mode, try switching to full screen (alt + enter) and let us know if that resolves it.
    If you experience a bug, please consider submitting a support ticket! IC QA reviews player submitted bugs daily. http://support.infinitecrisis.com/ic...?style=classic

If you need to post a DxDiag, please follow the instructions here: https://www.infinitecrisis.com/forum...-post-a-dxdiag

Thumbs up Re: Mouse cursor isn't working...

Quote Originally Posted by IC_Juicebox View Post
    This is a bug we're trying to track down & fix - if you're in windowed mode, try switching to full screen (alt + enter) and let us know if that resolves it.
    I'm getting this too, except my cursor is about a thumb width above the active area. In full screen already. The "menu"/front area is fine. In game, it went wrong without any indication. It was hard to notice, since clicking on the ground, while off, wasn't off to a degree that anything seemed broken. Trying to click on the tiny + boxes, however....

Worked fine yesterday through the first hour(!) of FTUE. I did not change any settings, graphical or otherwise. I was playing not-Batman for the first time (Wonder Woman) in vs AI, first time for stage 2 of the tutorials.

Quitting the match would "result in a penalty" (solo against AI? Why?) so I was stuck losing to the AI because I spent the first minutes trying to figure out why my first power wouldn't upgrade when I thought I was clicking on the +. My turret was destroyed before I was able to get my first ability (by this time I had 3 unspent points - the other 2 lingered for another minute).

(omg, captcha to post is annoying)

Infinite Crisis QA Lead IC_Juicebox's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EyeScream View Post
    I'm getting this too, except my cursor is about a thumb width above the active area. In full screen already. The "menu"/front area is fine. In game, it went wrong without any indication. It was hard to notice, since clicking on the ground, while off, wasn't off to a degree that anything seemed broken. Trying to click on the tiny + boxes, however....

Worked fine yesterday through the first hour(!) of FTUE. I did not change any settings, graphical or otherwise. I was playing not-Batman for the first time (Wonder Woman) in vs AI, first time for stage 2 of the tutorials.

Quitting the match would "result in a penalty" (solo against AI? Why?) so I was stuck losing to the AI because I spent the first minutes trying to figure out why my first power wouldn't upgrade when I thought I was clicking on the +. My turret was destroyed before I was able to get my first ability (by this time I had 3 unspent points - the other 2 lingered for another minute).

(omg, captcha to post is annoying)
    Thank you for all the info - will pass this along to the team.

[edit] Try auto-detecting your graphics settings (Preferences > Graphics > Auto Detect) while in windowed mode, we've had reports that it fixes the issue.
    Last edited by IC_Juicebox; Today at 08:46 AM.
    If you experience a bug, please consider submitting a support ticket! IC QA reviews player submitted bugs daily. http://support.infinitecrisis.com/ic...?style=classic

If you need to post a DxDiag, please follow the instructions here: https://www.infinitecrisis.com/forum...-post-a-dxdiag