Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24
  1. #11
    Community Advocate Paradigm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,831

    Re: Matchmaking & Required Practice Bot Matches

    If I find that I have players that are doing very, very poorly, using them as bait for ganks (people like to prey on the new) works well to get fed yourself, and then you carry your friends to victory! They also appreciate it a lot and enjoy the game more.
    Last edited by cg_paradigm; 07-15-2014 at 02:36 PM.

  2. #12

    Re: Matchmaking & Required Practice Bot Matches

    Quote Originally Posted by cg_paradigm View Post
    If I find that I have players that are doing very, very poorly, using them as bait for ganks (people like to prey on the new) works well to get fed yourself, and then you carry your friends to victory! They also appreciate it a lot and enjoy the game more.
    yea that's funny, i try to do the same thing and use them as bait.

  3. #13
    Protector Cpt_Underpants's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    26

    Re: Matchmaking & Required Practice Bot Matches

    Quote Originally Posted by Achido View Post
    True...but how bad do you have to be to not respond in 15 or so pings right next to you? I know a guy with literally no fingers on his hands that will respond, no excuse for anyone else.
    Honestly, they could be red and yellow colorblind. It's a bit hard for me to tell the mild diff, but i keep my sounds higher cause i can at least tell that better.
    Azarath Metrion Zinthos!

  4. #14
    Protector Xoulrath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,248

    Re: Matchmaking & Required Practice Bot Matches

    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt_Underpants View Post
    Honestly, they could be red and yellow colorblind. It's a bit hard for me to tell the mild diff, but i keep my sounds higher cause i can at least tell that better.
    Sorry to hear it about the color blind issue. But one is a circle while the other is a triangle. I agree that they should have a color blind option being that so many gamers are guys and a lot of guys have color blind issues. But until that day, a circle and a triangle are pretty different from one another.
    V3G3TA: "Im pretty confident about my member...probly why I use Ham, and focus on the W, not the kdr...big guy thrwin his meat around sayin stuff. one really understands...with hair fom the 80 s...yep.. that ham makes me feel li myself"

  5. #15

    Re: Matchmaking & Required Practice Bot Matches

    Quote Originally Posted by CG_KTPearee View Post
    I was in one of your games with the 0-12 feeder. He was my support. Did I rage? No. I tried to convert every single one of his unfortunate deaths into a kill for myself/team. I roamed and took objectives. I used my keyboard to cast spells, not rage. Meanwhile you afk farmed mid on gasbat and let the opposing GL get big off our newer players.

    I'm not trying to point blame. I'm just saying you can be a part of the problem, aka posting the weekly whine thread about matchmaking while sitting on your level 50 throne, or you can be apart of the solution and teach players like you try with your QAs, and learn to hard carry your games.
    I have to say, while i definitely agree that there are issues with the matchmaking i also remember being told by Achido that i should "play tutorials more" (I'm level 35 with over 100 wins more than losses) because i went something like 1-4 as superman top (while he traded 1 for 1 kills mid) only to stomp him to the ground the very next game on the same character while his team complained that he was AFK farming the jungle/splitpushing while we were taking dampeners and making snide comments to them.

    We all live that same situation but maybe you could be making a bigger effort to make yourself a part of the solution.
    Last edited by sl0tw0n; 07-15-2014 at 08:46 PM.

  6. #16
    Considering Harmony RedBrigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    69

    Re: Matchmaking & Required Practice Bot Matches

    Quote Originally Posted by sl0tw0n View Post
    We all live that same situation but maybe you could be making a bigger effort to make yourself a part of the solution.
    This is a big step towards making this situation better. Rage quitting just makes it worse. This game needs new players and a rage quit isn't going to help anything. Reading the OP and having thought about what was said, I can probably imagine that the new players "Standing around doing nothing" were more likely trying to read how their abilities work, what items they should buy, and how best to narrow the loss margin.
    I seriously, seriously doubt that they were standing and literally doing nothing.
    And if no one offers them advice during the match, then death after death, loss after loss, the game will appear a worthless investment for them. Some people just need to grow up when a loss is coming at them, and accept the damage to their fragile ego. We all know that all it can take to get a trouncing is for 2 or 3 good, organised players to join the other team as a group.

    My opinion is that we need a strong new player guide, but more than anything, it needs to promoted from the launcher, and from the in-game news screen. A forum post won't cut it. It really, really needs to cover the basics about the genre, that new players will die multiple times is probably the most primary concern. Since the tutorials don't, and probably will never cover many of the 'basic intricacies' of the moba genre, I think it needs to deal with a lot of that too. I'd be happy to write such a guide but I'm a mediocre player at best, and don't have a lot of time on my hands.

    I've been completely silent on this forum up until the last couple of days, but since the game is struggling, I think we'd like to see the time & money we've invested not go to waste?

    There is my 2 cents. Back to Marvel Heroes now :/

  7. #17

    Re: Matchmaking & Required Practice Bot Matches

    Quote Originally Posted by RedBrigade View Post

    My opinion is that we need a strong new player guide, but more than anything, it needs to promoted from the launcher, and from the in-game news screen. A forum post won't cut it. It really, really needs to cover the basics about the genre, that new players will die multiple times is probably the most primary concern. Since the tutorials don't, and probably will never cover many of the 'basic intricacies' of the moba genre

    /
    I agree with this section, and while the new player guide and experience needs to be a video guide not just a forum post, it's not up to the players to teach other players. Have you ever tried telling a noob what to do during a match? Have you ever tried to help someone and tell them what items to build during a match? You get YELLED AT and RAGED AT and told a bunch of slanderous things such as ****, don't tell me how to play, f off, ect. So yea, not up to the players, the person has to ask or want to improve on their own or have a mandatory tutorial completion required before entering matches on each character.

  8. #18

    Re: Matchmaking & Required Practice Bot Matches

    I understand the frustration, but the community had better have a real introspective moment here. (More on that in a sec). It's going to come down to people 1)being willing to learn and 2) being willing to teach. Bots (at least these bots) are as likely to create bad habits that will anger seasoned players too. If the breakdown is mechanical in nature, bot matches help, but when it comes to character builds, amps, mods, and all the other things that are lost on new players it's not a lot of help. It's not enough like a GD game against humans. And if you go play a bot game, you might find (as I have) that there often not a lot of knowledge being grown through that experience.

    The existing community is going to have to accept new players, tolerate their mistakes, try not to rage and even deign to teach them. I can't say I've seen the case you're talking about, really. New players are receptive to instruction, as long as the tone of that instruction isn't degrading. Unfortunately, MOBA vets tend to come across as degrading and defensive, even if it's unintended. The last person you're inclined to learn from is the guy taunting and belittling you all match.

    That said, it may well be who you're assuming is new is just bad and hostile. Can't do much for them, honestly. You can control yourself, though.

  9. #19
    Considering Harmony RedBrigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    69

    Re: Matchmaking & Required Practice Bot Matches

    Quote Originally Posted by Achido View Post
    I agree with this section, and while the new player guide and experience needs to be a video guide not just a forum post, it's not up to the players to teach other players. Have you ever tried telling a noob what to do during a match? Have you ever tried to help someone and tell them what items to build during a match? You get YELLED AT and RAGED AT and told a bunch of slanderous things such as ****, don't tell me how to play, f off, ect. So yea, not up to the players, the person has to ask or want to improve on their own or have a mandatory tutorial completion required before entering matches on each character.
    A video guide would be helpful too. Probably just a straight match with a voiceover that explains clearly what the objectives are and how the player was going about them.

    As for helping noobs, yes I have tried helping them during matches and I've never had a response like the one you're describing (that's not to say I don't believe you).
    I agree that's its not up to the players, but it's not up to the new players either. It's up to the developers. The thing is new players are being deterred because of the inherent difficulty in entering into the moba genre. There are more fun ways to get your DC fix. Ideally the developers would be able to provide an appropriate guide so that new players can deal with what is a new and foreign game genre for them.
    This is why I say that a guide needs to be advertised in their face when they log in - they need to know that they have to read it (or watch it).

    But because developers don't seem to be able to provide this, and because even the completed tutorials are some time away, this is why I suggest it is up to us.

  10. #20

    Re: Matchmaking & Required Practice Bot Matches

    Quote Originally Posted by RedBrigade View Post
    A video guide would be helpful too. Probably just a straight match with a voiceover that explains clearly what the objectives are and how the player was going about them.

    I agree that's its not up to the players, but it's not up to the new players either. It's up to the developers. The thing is new players are being deterred because of the inherent difficulty in entering into the moba genre. There are more fun ways to get your DC fix. Ideally the developers would be able to provide an appropriate guide so that new players can deal with what is a new and foreign game genre for them.
    This is why I say that a guide needs to be advertised in their face when they log in - they need to know that they have to read it (or watch it).

    But because developers don't seem to be able to provide this, and because even the completed tutorials are some time away, this is why I suggest it is up to us.
    I might make a video guide, and do it "if you want something done right, do it yourself" style.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •