Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    DigiComm Manager IC_ElectricLeo's Avatar

Re: GD - Do not bother queuing if you are new - yeah rage post whatever.

I also never surrender. I've had too many amazing comeback games that feel like the best matches ever to want to give up the chance to have another. And also, I don't mind losing. I can still learn when I'm losing. I rely on the majority rule of the voting to close down the game if people want to end it.

Quote Originally Posted by IC_ElectricLeo View Post
    I also never surrender. I've had too many amazing comeback games that feel like the best matches ever to want to give up the chance to have another. And also, I don't mind losing. I can still learn when I'm losing. I rely on the majority rule of the voting to close down the game if people want to end it.
    Wait what Leo wins matches .... I demand his games are checked to make sure hes not cheating!

On a serious note however Dycers already pointed out some of the main problem that a 3 man premade seem to stay in solo queues add to that the unbalanced matching system it does lead to the odd game thats unbalanced.

But queue on your own and i would say in me elo/lvl range i dont see that many surrenders unless its a complete stomp with like 30+ kills to 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradigm View Post
    He does have a point about solo queue being a bit harsh for new players. That's why they are doing the big September update. It's also on the shoulders of the tagged players themselves, as well. Many of them profess that they care a lot about the game and want it succeed, but queue as a group and crush new players, spamming their "B" button as a taunt all the while.

I've always thought that the tagged players should be exemplary, and as part of that should avoid group queuing when they know how small the pool is. At least that's what I do, but I've been busy recently and haven't been on much. It's a lot more fun to potentially run into your friends against you with a bunch of new players compared to stomping new players, that's no fun for anyone.
    The only guy I see doing this is Azurefire from Vexx ....and yourself .... most times I see the same names hanging with each other tagged or not

Quote Originally Posted by Gruwolf View Post
    The only guy I see doing this is Azurefire from Vexx ....and yourself .... most times I see the same names hanging with each other tagged or not

Guys i come across reasonable often either solo or in small groups of 2/3 .

Boondock , Azure , Supreme , Crispy and that guy with the weird name.

so they dont always mass group BUT seem to follow the mantra better to at least 2 man queue so you at least know you have a team mate you can work with if you need to.

Considering Harmony

playing solo should not be so punishing but since the player is small, solo players have to go against premade and mostly lose you do however stand a lot of more chances winning by yourself in GH I can GD alone for fun but making a mistake is 2 times more punishing there than GH therefor a noob making a mistakes there hurts too much and costs whole games but its still fun looking at people rage you know. at least tomorrow it will be more populated with update coming

Quote Originally Posted by Dannin View Post
    Guys i come across reasonable often either solo or in small groups of 2/3 .

Boondock , Azure , Supreme , Crispy and that guy with the weird name.

so they dont always mass group BUT seem to follow the mantra better to at least 2 man queue so you at least know you have a team mate you can work with if you need to.

It only takes a solid duo who play often together and at a high level to tip the scales in GD ... especially if they are a well practived bot combo

Quote Originally Posted by IC_ElectricLeo View Post
    The problem I have with this mentality is some situations are clearly a surrender, and nothing is to be learned from when you team gets burned down in seconds every team fight ... IE .... you can practice your throwing knife skills all day long, but when its knife vs gun ... u are stupid to waste your time and teamates taking on the gun

but

Sometimes holding out till then end and "anilhilating" the other team can provided a quick march down mid lane for the comeback win ...

DigiComm Manager IC_ElectricLeo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dannin View Post
    Wait what Leo wins matches .... I demand his games are checked to make sure hes not cheating!
    Warning! Ban imminent.

Looks like electric leo is on a... POWER trip YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhh.
    but on a real note if we are down 10 takedown and 5 towers, the game is over. after games I tell teammates what I think they did right or what could be improved upon, like "hey shazam, you chased quite a bit that game, if you can push the guy out of lane just farm up because you couldent catch him, or if they are extremely new like one game, hey lantern, you are playing a power damage chapion velocity 9 implants are not what you really need, next time try more power damage items.
    I don;t like raging on new players I want this game to grow and it cannot grow if players are getting berated about bad descions they make or what items they build. I've been around since closed beta and I see some names together often ill let my team know the game will be rough but we still have a chance (even if its only minuscule) I mainly play bot matches because I would rather teach brand new players in bot games then in a live game where one mistake might cause other less impatience team members to get all rage in the cage on them
    Last edited by Rosanderman; 07-23-2014 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosanderman View Post
    Looks like electric leo is on a... POWER trip YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhh.
    but on a real note if we are down 10 takedown and 5 towers, the game is over. after games I tell teammates what I think they did right or what could be improved upon, like "hey shazam, you chased quite a bit that game, if you can push the guy out of lane just farm up because you couldent catch him, or if they are extremely new like one game, hey lantern, you are playing a power damage chapion velocity 9 implants are not what you really need, next time try more power damage items.
    I don;t like raging on new players I want this game to grow and it cannot grow if players are getting berated about bad descions they make or what items they build. I've been around since closed beta and I see some names together often ill let my team know the game will be rough but we still have a chance (even if its only minuscule) I mainly play bot matches because I would rather teach brand new players in bot games then in a live game where one mistake might cause other less impatience team members to get all rage in the cage on them
    yeah i think what i said the other day about likes = revs and leo still feeding with all that damage might have annoyed him

But with the recent turret changes you would be amazed how possible come backs are again, 6 turrets down got fed under our base towers (40% cdr zat = turret hell!) and kept wiping the other team till we bypassed them with enough gear and damage that our robin had like 30 odd kills by the end of the game.