Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Recommendations for improvement

I'd like to address a few points here that made me feel... Doubtful about Infinite Crisis. Although the game has its own flair, it can, in some aspects, seem really amateurish due to some none too impactful details that just look sloppy. Here are some recommendations for what needs improvement, feel free to discuss and add to the list. I am posting this here, because this is a more popular section and is more likely to provide discussion.

1. The Tutorial
    Right now there's only the first mission, isn't there? That doesn't appear to be enough, as the basics of tactical play is not explained. I've had several players in my games who did not know how to recall or how to buy items. It'd be best to take new players by the hand for a bit and guide them through a better tutorial, and start them off in 5vsAI matches. Right now, a new player can feel very lost.

2. Champion Information
    There's two completely different info pages for each champion, and they're not right next to each other. The one on your protector profile fails to address lore and doesn't have a showcase video. The one in the shop does not show the amplifier set or stolen power. Make these identical, please. It's senselessly annoying to pong back and forth between shop and profile to get the full image of a champion.

3. The Chat
    Group chat is not displayed if you are not in the group section. Chatbox overlaps the left team's bottom two players and thus clutters up the screen. This needs to be reshaped, as it looks unpolished.

4. Loadout Saving
    You have to reselect your stolen powers (And possibly amplifier set too, although I'm not that far yet) every single time you enter a match. Change this to where you can save your loadout to a champion. It's a small feature, but something that can really help players feel more comfortable.

5. Skin Previewing
    We've got a few screenshots, but I'd rather have screenshots of the new skin and the standard skin side by side to showcase their differences. It can be hard to make a decision.

6. Skin Design
    If you want people to give you money, your skin design will probably have to improve. There's quite a few skins that don't feel like they add much. Keep in mind that your standard skins are very iconic, and thus the skins you release need to be extra special to overcome that and entice people to buy. I've been interested in Jade Warrior Emerald Lantern, but the skin didn't seem to do justice to the character and didn't change enough to make me want it. I feel like the standard skin's design was actually a better one.

7. Level Values and Coefficients of Stolen Powers
    Right now, tooltips for Stolen Powers outside matches only show the value for an unleveled, level 1 use, and powers like GL's comet drop and Harley Quinn's Detonate do not show their stat coefficients.
    Last edited by Firellius; 07-15-2014 at 04:22 AM.

Re: Recommendations for improvement

Quote Originally Posted by Firellius View Post
    I'd like to address a few points here that made me feel... Doubtful about Infinite Crisis. Although the game has its own flair, it can, in some aspects, seem really amateurish due to some none too impactful details that just look sloppy. Here are some recommendations for what needs improvement, feel free to discuss and add to the list. I am posting this here, because this is a more popular section and is more likely to provide discussion.

1. The Tutorial
    Right now there's only the first mission, isn't there? That doesn't appear to be enough, as the basics of tactical play is not explained. I've had several players in my games who did not know how to recall or how to buy items. It'd be best to take new players by the hand for a bit and guide them through a better tutorial, and start them off in 5vsAI matches. Right now, a new player can feel very lost.

2. Champion Information
    There's two completely different info pages for each champion, and they're not right next to each other. The one on your protector profile fails to address lore and doesn't have a showcase video. The one in the shop does not show the amplifier set or stolen power. Make these identical, please. It's senselessly annoying to pong back and forth between shop and profile to get the full image of a champion.

3. The Chat
    Group chat is not displayed if you are not in the group section. Chatbox overlaps the left team's bottom two players and thus clutters up the screen. This needs to be reshaped, as it looks unpolished.

4. Loadout Saving
    You have to reselect your stolen powers (And possibly amplifier set too, although I'm not that far yet) every single time you enter a match. Change this to where you can save your loadout to a champion. It's a small feature, but something that can really help players feel more comfortable.

5. Skin Previewing
    We've got a few screenshots, but I'd rather have screenshots of the new skin and the standard skin side by side to showcase their differences. It can be hard to make a decision.

6. Skin Design
    If you want people to give you money, your skin design will probably have to improve. There's quite a few skins that don't feel like they add much. Keep in mind that your standard skins are very iconic, and thus the skins you release need to be extra special to overcome that and entice people to buy. I've been interested in Jade Warrior Emerald Lantern, but the skin didn't seem to do justice to the character and didn't change enough to make me want it. I feel like the standard skin's design was actually a better one.

7. Level Values and Coefficients of Stolen Powers
    Right now, tooltips for Stolen Powers outside matches only show the value for an unleveled, level 1 use, and powers like GL's comet drop and Harley Quinn's Detonate do not show their stat coefficients.
    Hi there Fire!

Thanks for coming by the forums and offering your opinions. I can actually address a few of them right now, but your other opinions will most certainly be passed along to the team!

In our September Update, much of our out-of-match UI is about to be adjusted and re-designed. The way the UI looks, the way the chat functions, and the way we present information is about to all change.

As to your comments regarding the tutorials, we agree! We've been working on adding additional tutorials for some time, but we want to go further than just that. Look for a more robust tutorial experience coming with our September Update, alongside our UI changes.

Finally, while we're not working on loadout saving at the moment, it is a feature that we've totally talked about here at the office and would like to do someday. While I can't give you a time of when it will be done, we do like the idea!
    Seraphina Brennan -- Community Manager, Infinite Crisis
    "Have you learned your lesson yet, mortal?" -- Nightmare Catwoman

Roles: Jungle/Assassin, Marksman, and sometimes Controller. Mains: Gaslight Catwoman, Mecha Wonder Woman, Gaslight Batman, Nightmare Robin, Nightmare Superman, Poison Ivy, Atomic Poison Ivy.

Hey, Cele, do you know if we're gonna get any of these features with the Septeber update? (Since they're related to UI/information)

• Smart-Ping System
    - Team coordination

AND/OR

• Teammate Ultimate Indicators
    - Team Coordination

AND/OR

• Lines on the Minimap (like League of Legends and Dawngate)
    - When you press somewhere to walk, a line is drawn on the minimap showing the path your character will take, very informative.

AND/OR

• Champions on Chat
    - Put champions' names or pictures alongside the players' names in the Chat.
    "DPerete (Atomic Wonder Woman): gg"
    Last edited by DPerete; 07-15-2014 at 10:52 AM.
    - PC -
    PSU: MAXXTRO ATX 450epn12 (450w);
    MOBO: G41M-VS3;
    CPU: Core 2 Quad Q8400 @2.73GHz;
    RAM: Dual-Channel 4GB DDR3;
    GPU: GeForce GTX550 Ti;
    Screen: 1360x768.

Quote Originally Posted by DPerete View Post
    Hey, Cele, do you know if we're gonna get any of these features with the Septeber update? (Since they're related to UI/information)

• Smart-Ping System
    - Team coordination

AND/OR

• Teammate Ultimate Indicators
    - Team Coordination

AND/OR

• Lines on the Minimap (like League of Legends and Dawngate)
    - When you press somewhere to walk, a line is drawn on the minimap showing the path your character will take, very informative.

AND/OR

• Champions on Chat
    - Put champions' names or pictures alongside the players' names in the Chat.
    "DPerete (Atomic Wonder Woman): gg"
    I will make this a very easy, clear answer: What we are working on is focused on the out-of-match UI experience. What you are asking for is all in-match UI experience.

The latter is the next thing to be tackled after the out-of-match UI. But, I will make sure that some of these ideas are noted for the team to ponder over.

Roles: Jungle/Assassin, Marksman, and sometimes Controller. Mains: Gaslight Catwoman, Mecha Wonder Woman, Gaslight Batman, Nightmare Robin, Nightmare Superman, Poison Ivy, Atomic Poison Ivy.

Are you going to add pages for item information at some point?

Dawnbase is ok and all but I would really like to review what the items do in game per tier before a match

Ok, I've sent them and some more to the Support under 'Feedback Comments'.
    - PC -
    PSU: MAXXTRO ATX 450epn12 (450w);
    MOBO: G41M-VS3;
    CPU: Core 2 Quad Q8400 @2.73GHz;
    RAM: Dual-Channel 4GB DDR3;
    GPU: GeForce GTX550 Ti;
    Screen: 1360x768.

Quote Originally Posted by Vultrio View Post
    Are you going to add pages for item information at some point?

Dawnbase is ok and all but I would really like to review what the items do in game per tier before a match
    Yes, actually! The web team is working on eventually getting that data right here to our website, under the "game" section. It would be equal to how to we do champions and stolen powers right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata View Post
    Yes, actually! The web team is working on eventually getting that data right here to our website, under the "game" section. It would be equal to how to we do champions and stolen powers right now.
    That's not what he meant I think. We'd like to have those pages on the platform, in-game but out-of-match.

That's not what he meant I think. We'd like to have those pages on the platform, in-game but out-of-match.
    Yep. Everything should be accessible in-game.
    V3G3TA: "Im pretty confident about my member...probly why I use Ham, and focus on the W, not the kdr...big guy thrwin his meat around sayin stuff. one really understands...with hair fom the 80 s...yep.. that ham makes me feel li myself"

Ah good point. I don't know if that's on the slate, but it's certainly something we can ask about.