Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Blue Beetle - Inexcusable lack of explanation

He gets new skills when he switches to melee.

What skills? Seriously, why is that information not available on his page? Why do you have to find these things out in game? Additionally, the wording on his ultimate can be improved to better convey that he in fact switches between melee and ranged with it, rather than it being a temporary effect.

Considering Harmony CritneyFears's Avatar

Re: Blue Beetle - Inexcusable lack of explanation

well

u can visite www.dawnbase.com
    There you find everything about IC

and BlueBeetles ultimate:

NFILTRATOR MODE (R)

Ranged Mode: Blue Beetle converts to Infiltrator Mode, becoming a melee attacker with different skills and gaining 20 Move Speed. Ranks in Infiltrator Mode increase the potency of all skills in that form, except for the passive.

Infiltrator Mode: Blue Beetle converts back from Infiltrator Mode, becoming a ranged attacker and losing his bonus 20 Move Speed.

In my opinion its alright

Quote Originally Posted by CritneyFears View Post
    well

NFILTRATOR MODE (R)

Ranged Mode: Blue Beetle converts to Infiltrator Mode, becoming a melee attacker with different skills and gaining 20 Move Speed. Ranks in Infiltrator Mode increase the potency of all skills in that form, except for the passive.

Infiltrator Mode: Blue Beetle converts back from Infiltrator Mode, becoming a ranged attacker and losing his bonus 20 Move Speed.

The point is, if I understand it correctly, is that nowhere does it say on the Blue Beetle page in game what his skills change to when he is in infiltrator mode.

Yes I can see where Firellius is coming from. A champion with multiple skill should have them all listed skills in game even if it deviates from the usual layout.
    You can find me writing guides on Dawnbase under LaserCircus
    You can also find me writing guides on InfiniteFire under LaserCircus
    You can tweet me on Twitter @TMeisterJ10
    You can also find me on twitch.tv/tmeisterj

Quote Originally Posted by LaserCircus View Post
    Yes I can see where Firellius is coming from. A champion with multiple skill should have them all listed skills in game even if it deviates from the usual layout.
    It needn't deviate from the usual layout much. It can easily be done in the same way as SMITE's Hel and Ullr, can't it?

I agree, but seriously, it isn't that hard to infer from his ult that he has a MELEE based skill set when you hit the R key.

Furthermore, it takes about ten seconds to mouse over the three moves he has in Infiltrator Mode.

BB for the win. Marksman, Blaster, Assassin in one?! All of my preferred roles?! Yes, please!
    V3G3TA: "Im pretty confident about my member...probly why I use Ham, and focus on the W, not the kdr...big guy thrwin his meat around sayin stuff. one really understands...with hair fom the 80 s...yep.. that ham makes me feel li myself"

Ten seconds, in a MOBA game is too long, especially when that could've been done outside of the match.

The problem I had with what the ult didn't relay properly is that I thought it would be a temporary effect. Similar to how Star Sapphire's skills (Sort of) change when she ults. Instead it's a permanent effect which can only be undone by activating the ult again. It's rather different.

Protector

Quote Originally Posted by CritneyFears View Post
    well

NFILTRATOR MODE (R)

Dawnbase is a crutch i think IC leans on too heavily. If i have to go to another site, or leave the game to find out the basics, or what items do what, then something is wrong. Sites like Dawnbase should be there for theory crafting, talking about Strats, Pros and Cons, FOTMs, unique ways of playing champs, and maybe Easter eggs, or exploits. Sure they can talk about the basic and items as well, but i shouldn't have to leave the game to learn these things, and i sure as hell shouldn't be going to player made site first.

IC needs to have a version of its artifact "store" some under the profile page... This could be as simple as listing all the items and clicking on them opens their on exploded page. Or just a clone of what we get in game, function the same.. and perhaps even allow you to add items to your 6 slots so you can check out planned builds and the total costs.

Honestly I wanted to make a thread about it, but i have no clue where to put the article.
    Last edited by Mideran; 07-16-2014 at 04:22 AM.

Sure, i think his additional abilities should be listed somewhere in the IC client so they can be studied. Some people do plenty research before clicking "Play Game" and some people like to learn while they fight. But aesthetically and practically, yeah, we should be able to click on the ult in his profile and see the skill-sets so we can read then at least. Or perhaps a drop-down list.

Last week when he was free and my first time using him, I remember chasing someone down and reading the new abilities at the same time as I am trying to cast them to get the kill. As a frequent gamer, I did use my experience to say to myself "okay, he clearly looks melee now, which one is the dash attack" and i found it in time.

You know, I'm trying really hard to feel bad for you guys that are upset about this right now, but I'm having serious trouble doing so.

To begin with, even though it isn't ideal, Dawnbase is available.

Furthermore, you all want to act like Turbine has done nothing to give information about Champions on their own site, while blindly overlooking the intro video for each Champ that tells and shows what each move does (in Passive, Q, W, E, R order). Those videos are not only accessible on Turbine's website, they are accessible in-game through the store. While it isn't as intuitive as it should be, most people will check out the store shortly after first logging just to see what it's about. From there, clicking on a Champ will then allow you to watch the video, IN-GAME.

It isn't ideal, to be certain. They should have a way to see the text for Beetle's R. And the videos of each Champ should also be viewable from the Champion page and it should be more obvious that you can watch a video of the Champ.

But to say that Turbine does not putt any resources regarding Champions in the game is simply an erroneous statement.
    V3G3TA: "Im pretty confident about my member...probly why I use Ham, and focus on the W, not the kdr...big guy thrwin his meat around sayin stuff. one really understands...with hair fom the 80 s...yep.. that ham makes me feel li myself"