Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sarrows Is OP!

Considering Harmony

Sarrows Is OP!

100 armor and 30 reflect pretty much guarantees you won't lose any 1v1 (that isn't massively fed) since your opponent is killing himself and bouncing their fists off all your glorious armor. Whenever you see bruisers building all you can do is sigh and buy your own, if you want to live...

They fixed Soultaker, so when will they fix Sarrows?
    Last edited by Krippler; 07-16-2014 at 06:03 AM.

Re: Sarrows Is OP!

If..you are a squishy..and building glass cannon...You should infact die to SOS..because the person building SoS is actually counter building, and you are not..Building lifesteal, or perhaps Lobo..or some armor yourself woukd ibfact be counter building..I am kinda bummed by all the hate for one of the only exceptional tank items left...AD champs ave a treasure trove of great items to choise from..while tanks have the lesser..I have literally geen out sustained by a marksman who built lifesteal, when I was using modded SOS..counter building IS infact a hug art of the game..this is nt an mmorpg, where you should only stack dmg on dps champs..
    Yes..over NINE THOUSAND!!

also..Consider Ham as an option.

Considering Harmony

There's only one optimal lifesteal item though, and it's only 9%, so you are still being reflected for 21%. On top of that, the extra damage from Soultaker is just further helping to destroy you. Ranger champions, sure they can destroy sarrow users because they take no enemy damage long enough to drain them. Soultaker isn't even a decent counter because you are still vulnerable without armor, so might as well build sarrows. I just think it does too much because it offers two huge benefits, so you are pretty much forced to build it too, which is boring, to know it's that if it's in use that you shall use it to or die.

It should be reduced to 10% and 20 with the augment. Mirror Prism is fine though because it only offers 40 armor and 200hp. This is nice because armor requires high pen to even dent it, where as damage simply drains HP directly.

If yur actually building lifesteal you should be building more then just one lifesteal item. otherwise its pretty much pointless to have build that anyhow.. Perhaps try Soultaker, and Cheetah claw.
    Yes..over NINE THOUSAND!!

also..Consider Ham as an option.

The best lifesteal item is the gambit, and its' activate is pretty good.

You also have to remember, Suit of Sorrows does not seem to work with critical hits, or bonus damage from something like Deathstroke's Claymore keywords or skill/passive. There are plenty of ways to take out any character with suit of sorrows.

And trust me, you want SoS to have a high armor stat as an adc. Why? The damage that is reflected is calculated after the armor reduces it. If not, you would be in trouble. Personally I like modded suit on Doomsday. I am an adc's worst nightmare.
    The Coast City Nightly Games!
    A Coast City Guide: Updates SoonTM
    The Definition of SoonTM

My Guide for IC_Frelorn

Conquer Your Lane with Starro!

I am not a Turbine employee, and do not receive the compensation/benefits/privileges that employees do. Currently I have a pending application to be the Director of the Putting Things on Top of Other Things Department.

I'm on Dawnbase! Check highly rated guides for great builds and tips!

"The Earth had too many men." - Dycer 2014

I am one with Starro! All hail Starro.

The State of The_Dycer Adress

Getting back to daily words
    Strange word of the day; Kench: To laugh very loud! I Think Santa Got into Joker's Laughing Gas
    If you win a spelling bee due to "Strange word of the day", I receive 2% of the winnings.
    Most Colorful Forum Signature
    I am running low on original colors!

My Infinite Crisis New Year's resolution is to make Infinite Crisis issue account nerfs. Come on Hammer, let's do this!

One With Starro CH4_BrianFantana's Avatar

I think you are vastly overstating the benefit of the suit of SORROWS.

It's not 30% of your damage. It's 30% of your damage that has been reduced by armor (which if they have a max SoS is already high), and then that reflected damage is also reduced by YOUR armor.

So really you're taking probably 10-15% of the damage you deal back, which is completely negated by a single Atlantis gambit on any of your team members. The reflect is more of a counter to life steal builds than damage.

Basically you can either make it a wash with life steal or negate most of it with an armor item of your own. Or use the claw of Horus.

Considering Harmony

This is one of the problems i have with the game.

Someone who goes FULL TANK can NOT be killed by a full glass cannon. I really think that's a bad design. As a glass cannon, you can't even take them down to 50% of their life. Attack Damage champs have it a bit better because they can life steal some part of the damage, but power damage champs get destroyed.

then you are not building right. any adc with any brains counters full tank with crit. hit damage and deathstrokes claymore. and any power damage champ you use power penetration with a star belt/book of eternity combo.

One With Starro CH4_BrianFantana's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xjlxking View Post

Someone who goes FULL TANK can NOT be killed by a full glass cannon. I really think that's a bad design. As a glass cannon, you can't even take them down to 50% of their life. Attack Damage champs have it a bit better because they can life steal some part of the damage, but power damage champs get destroyed.
    I don't think that's true. You can easily get 35% power lifesteal on a PD champion, although 20% is more realistic. And penetration items negate a large amount of a tanks item value.
    Formerly Known as Hammerreborn

Come watch me at my Twitch Stream. I'm a community streamer, and I currently give away free swag every Friday and Sunday nights. Come for the swag, stay for the IC and Comics.

You can see up to date updates about times and giveaways and other events at my thread found here.

You stay classy Ron Burgandy

Quote Originally Posted by Xjlxking View Post

I prefer not to be dead as a tank before I get to melee range vs a glass cannon, thanks. If you are a glass cannon you are sacrificing survivality for damage because your team/kiting, can cover up that weakness. Otherwise what is the point of being tank? All build glass cannon and this becomes a DOTA2 Alpha strike strat always.