Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Match Making - The Horror

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
    You know that what you said if fine IF you you already know the strategy. For a noob like myself I do not. I wouldn't know what half of what you wrote means on any map.

If an experienced player wants to give tips and help to noobs, one of the problems is that there's not enough time at the start or during the match to explain things. Having more time at the start to sort things out just delays the game though and for experienced players just wastes game time.

Not sure there's any solution except to allow a self-selected tier of "non-ranked play" that ranked/pro/semi-pro cannot enter that has a slower game pace to it. But the game isn't there yet.
    ¨You know that what you said if fine IF you you already know the strategy¨ ...

Refer to Volandum comment -~

P.S:I have no idea what's so hard to know even for a ¨noob¨ which is how you think of yourself... that champions attack each other aye? if i ping/mark the map and i'm right there, we can attack together, if you don't understand that in this game you must click your champion into another champion and try to kill it, then i must assume you're either 120 years old, or just trolling, either of those can be true at this point ¨Join Date Aug 2013¨ <-- How can you be around Aug 2013 and not know what ¨Attacking¨ means? maybe gank? still, i don't get it, gank is basically a surprise attack among 2+ champions: http://es.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Ganking

¨If an experienced player wants to give tips and help to noobs, one of the problems is that there's not enough time at the start or during the match to explain things. Having more time at the start to sort things out just delays the game though and for experienced players just wastes game time.¨
    Exact! That's exactly what i'm saying, you don't need that in game, you just double confirmed my point and you contradict yourself while you were at it.

If you need tips/help either make a solid post asking for real inquiries on the forum, Or simply add the player who you think did the best on any match you play and whisper him ¨Hey can you give me some tips¨ it will make him feel good, you will create a bond with another person, and we will start cultivating the social aspect on the community. The level of arrogance in MOBAs is too much, so much that no one will dare asking for anything and will rather remain being bad than to ask for help.
    Last edited by RealName; 07-20-2014 at 04:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Volandum View Post
    What would you like to know? You would be much more convincing speaking from a position of past rather than present ignorance. We can answer questions here, we can't make IC policy. I see you trying to change the latter more than inform yourself.
    First I'm only pointing out that someone coming into the game won't know anything which is part of the problem.

As far as things I would like to know is:

When the end game is arriving and the 2 teams are pretty even and there's going to be a fight over points (GH) which ones are the best to fight over? By this time the other team is pretty buff and have all their uber-items and are really able to rumble. So, do you go to Point 1 and 5v5 against the other team and let the chips fall where they may or do you avoid that point and run around to capture points they are not protecting.

Are some points more valuable than others? Why fight over point 1 when the other points are not contested? Why try to defend the OC when my team is definitely weaker? How to counter when they split 3 and 2 and send 2 or 3 bottom? By the time I get there (B and run to the points) they've already cleared out the bottom. So what's a good way to do this.
    "C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre. C'est de la folie."
    ("It is magnificent, but it is not war. It is madness.")

~ French Marshal Pierre Bosquet ~

Considering Harmony

actually most of the knowledge i got is from experience and i suggest that's where you should get your knowledge from. About the chat problems obviously if you don't speak the same language then change servers and if you need more time to chat find the good time like when you die or when your in base buying items.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceback View Post
    actually most of the knowledge i got is from experience and i suggest that's where you should get your knowledge from. (snip)
    Agreed. The OP and others need to understand that "experience" can only be gained while playing and that includes having players run the wrong way, attack the wrong thing, hit the wrong target and basically "gain experience" by losing a lot of matches.
    "C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre. C'est de la folie."
    ("It is magnificent, but it is not war. It is madness.")

~ French Marshal Pierre Bosquet ~

Protector

A lot of this can also be gained by thinking about things, though this should then be updated as you discover subtleties.

When the end game is arriving and the 2 teams are pretty even and there's going to be a fight over points (GH) which ones are the best to fight over? By this time the other team is pretty buff and have all their uber-items and are really able to rumble. So, do you go to Point 1 and 5v5 against the other team and let the chips fall where they may or do you avoid that point and run around to capture points they are not protecting.
    Losing a teamfight endgame and having 3-4 of your team go on respawn will lose you the game. So you need to not lose a teamfight. If your allies want to pick the teamfight, then, you need to fight with them. If the point is an enemy one be aware that you may well get flanked, and that some comps are better at sieging than others. If your allies don't want the teamfight, that's fine too, either lead the way to take points or stay mobile and prevent allies from getting caught, intercept enemies trying to catch you etc.

Are some points more valuable than others? Why fight over point 1 when the other points are not contested? Why try to defend the OC when my team is definitely weaker? How to counter when they split 3 and 2 and send 2 or 3 bottom? By the time I get there (B and run to the points) they've already cleared out the bottom. So what's a good way to do this.
    Depends on where the enemy is. Top is neutral ground, if your enemy is getting top and you're going for their mid there are various things they can do and you can do, and it may well end in you trading their mid for top, but if you move to contest their mid and get spotted you are in a rather more vulnerable position.

The OC is a teamfight, often teamfights can snowball your team back if they are better at teamfighting, and can get you a lot of points if you hold enough points during the fight and can draw it out. If you don't want to fight it, communicate with your team and make sure to ping out allies trying to hold it.

In the case of multiple people bot, if they are taking their sweet time and your bot laner is delaying them force teamfights top and take their mid if possible, or if they are too slippery or your team insufficiently willing to do this then yeah feel free to recall with adequate force and force a fight bot. If you are the person bot then if it's safe you can backcap their bot while they're taking yours. The key thing is for the bot laner to survive if possible, this significantly decreases the value of the gank.

Considering Harmony

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
    Agreed. The OP and others need to understand that "experience" can only be gained while playing and that includes having players run the wrong way, attack the wrong thing, hit the wrong target and basically "gain experience" by losing a lot of matches.
    well its worked for me but its probably best to listen to volandum over here

The amount of pretentiousness in this post is too darn high.