Packet Loss/Lag and Frame Rate Issues

Hello Tech Support and others whom this may concern,

I'm not sure where to put this but I think this is the right place. Around 65% of the games I play packet loss and lag are a non-factor, as in I don't experience them at all, playing at a solid 50-70ms with 0% packet loss. The other 35% though I get extreme lag at the beginning of the game and sometimes lasting for 15 minutes. Sometimes the lag spike kicks me all the way to 700ms and keeps me at 55% packet loss other times its 20% at 104ms. I have AT&T U-verse, I know their internet isn't the best, but I am wondering if the lag is on their end or on your end? Or if they have a problem connecting to you. When I lag though my character usually keeps walking, they walk straight through the environment and keep going. I have screen caps of said situation if you'd like to see them.

Also I go from 90 FPS to 5 FPS randomly, during 1v1s and during large team fights, and the various combinations in between. I'll post my specs in case it has anything to do with my machine.

Time of this report: 7/20/2014, 16:46:07
    Machine name:
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.140303-2144)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
    System Model: To be filled by O.E.M.
    BIOS: BIOS Date: 02/05/13 13:58:02 Ver: 04.06.05
    Processor: AMD A6-5400K APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (2 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
    Memory: 8192MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 8154MB RAM
    Page File: 5123MB used, 11181MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11

I also use an AMD Radeon HD 7700 series

#budgetcomputers

Turbine Customer Support IC_Mirthgar's Avatar

Re: Packet Loss/Lag and Frame Rate Issues

Quote Originally Posted by Nasakeshira View Post
    Hello Tech Support and others whom this may concern,

I'm not sure where to put this but I think this is the right place. Around 65% of the games I play packet loss and lag are a non-factor, as in I don't experience them at all, playing at a solid 50-70ms with 0% packet loss. The other 35% though I get extreme lag at the beginning of the game and sometimes lasting for 15 minutes. Sometimes the lag spike kicks me all the way to 700ms and keeps me at 55% packet loss other times its 20% at 104ms. I have AT&T U-verse, I know their internet isn't the best, but I am wondering if the lag is on their end or on your end? Or if they have a problem connecting to you. When I lag though my character usually keeps walking, they walk straight through the environment and keep going. I have screen caps of said situation if you'd like to see them.

Also I go from 90 FPS to 5 FPS randomly, during 1v1s and during large team fights, and the various combinations in between. I'll post my specs in case it has anything to do with my machine.

Time of this report: 7/20/2014, 16:46:07
    Machine name:
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.140303-2144)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
    System Model: To be filled by O.E.M.
    BIOS: BIOS Date: 02/05/13 13:58:02 Ver: 04.06.05
    Processor: AMD A6-5400K APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (2 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
    Memory: 8192MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 8154MB RAM
    Page File: 5123MB used, 11181MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11

I also use an AMD Radeon HD 7700 series

#budgetcomputers

I'd try windowed mode just so you can monitor anything happening behind the game window (things like the AV starting a scan or something updating etc), but also a full dxdiag might help to see if there's anything additional to the info posted that might be a contributor. Secondly I'd put in a tech support request if you haven't yet as well.