Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Protector

Why this game will never get big.

I got this game a couple weeks ago and I was really excited about it. I played some bot matches to practice and then gave it a shot against "real" people.

I've seen noob before but no one is noob enough to just run into a tower over and over and over........

It's obviously someone botting for merit and it's happening ever other game I play. Unless they do something about no one is ever going to play this game.

I heard the community is nice in this game... maybe if I ever come back I might get to meet a few =p

Going back to smite

Good luck fixing your bot problem IC

Re: Why this game will never get big.

Agreed this game needs to fix the bot players....yes all games have these types of problems but when over 50% of your matches are like this there is no game. Smite FTW. Peeeeaaacce.

Well, i've never seen that kind of thing... but yeah, apparently i've read a lot that IC has a real problem right now with the game experience in the initial and some middle levels... i recommend you to come back with the september patch and try again... have fun with smite though
    (and dont be so hard with the "will never get big", still give it the benefit of the doubt )

Protector

I'm sure it will.

I just don't understand how a company can have enough money to pay for the license for DC and not have a program that detects all the botting.
    I really want to play I just can't do it. I told a friend to play this with me and it's been probably 70% of the games we have played. If it's not on our team its on the other team.

Warner Brothers owns the DC license. WB also owns Turbine, the developer of this game.

While it is customary even within companies owned by the same parent company to pay them as you would an outside vendor, we don't know that Turbine is actually paying royalties for the license to DC yet, being that the game is still in development.

And we also don't know that WB is charging or going to charge for the use of the license at all.

Turbine isn't a large company, WB put them through 2 layoffs in the last couple of years, and they likely have every last resource tied into making this game playable, marketable, and profitable. Stopping bots (of which I have seen very few) is more than likely the least of their worries right now.
    V3G3TA: "Im pretty confident about my member...probly why I use Ham, and focus on the W, not the kdr...big guy thrwin his meat around sayin stuff. one really understands...with hair fom the 80 s...yep.. that ham makes me feel li myself"

its not necessarily botting. a lot of people come to this game because of the DC license and have never played a moba. when I was a lower level you would see that every once in a while, hell when my level was in the 30's I played a game against a team with a doomsday that did not understand that drones needed to go in first to draw agro. he would just run in and hit the turret until he died and then repeat. he was a decent enough player that he could win in a team fight, and he built DD as a tank but he would just keep charging turrets. and this was before the turret nerf. he managed to take out the top dampener over the course of 6 trys by just charging the turret. so before you come on to the board to post a thread like this, maybe what you should do is take some time in game to explain to this person what they are doing wrong in a constructive way and maybe you can correct their actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Vras View Post
    I've seen noob before but no one is noob enough to just run into a tower over and over and over........
    You overestimate human inteligence. I have seen at least 2 real people doing that, though one was because he had some lag and stepped in tower range without noticing.

Quote Originally Posted by Unilord View Post
    You overestimate human inteligence. I have seen at least 2 real people doing that, though one was because he had some lag and stepped in tower range without noticing.
    Im still guilty of that when i forget which side of the map im meant to be on!

But on the flip side the grind bots are real and they are a reality every game faces.

Lets not forget bottings even encouraged in some nations, Look at Brazil and Vietnam , Both encourage players to use bots and go our in the fresh air for a while rather than spend ages in front of a pc.

Quote Originally Posted by Unilord View Post
    I'd double confirm that. While I personally haven't run into bots, I have run into new players who never played before who ran into towers.

Best thing you can do is attempt to talk to them and help them out. More often than not, you'll realize there's someone behind the keyboard, in need of some assistance.
    Seraphina Brennan -- Community Manager, Infinite Crisis
    "Have you learned your lesson yet, mortal?" -- Nightmare Catwoman

Roles: Jungle/Assassin, Marksman, and sometimes Controller. Mains: Gaslight Catwoman, Mecha Wonder Woman, Gaslight Batman, Nightmare Robin, Nightmare Superman, Poison Ivy, Atomic Poison Ivy.

Community Advocate CH4_BrianFantana's Avatar

Man, if I was called a bit for everytime I ran into a tower while clicking to a completely safe spot with a completely safe path there besides me and then alt tabbing to do some more of my quiz and end up diving the tower....I would be the worst bot in the game.