Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: artifact feedback for June update patch 2

Dan I have an idea! :P

Coda Blade! So the Coda blade in a way is the mirror for the AD bruisers as the Cosmic Belt is for the PD Bruisers. Why not make it that dueling Artifact the community was looking for? To be honest in scope is overlapping a bit with the Atomic Axe. I personally see % Pen as a burst (Blaster/assassin) sort of item where the items with flat pen are more all rounded bruisery like the Belt. Why not add about 15 AA and 150 health to it, increase the price a little maybe take 5 or 10 AD to not make it so expensive and there you go the perfect dueling item! And then we could have The claw of Horus back as the primary AA/AD utility Artifact and everyone happy

On a different note, how much watermelon and pie do I have to buy you for you to add those 5 extra % of CDR to the huntress Crossbow and increase the price a little? Say a number lol

Considering Harmony

Re: Ouch! What did you do to my Artifacts?

Quote Originally Posted by Matthewb969 View Post
    master mirrors prism is already health and power armour, why not just give that more stats and high final tier cost, cos 3000 like suit of sorrows?
    No way suit of sorrows is already bad, it will be nightmare if mirror would have more power armor and health because then it beats all PD armor items perhaps modded aegis

Quote Originally Posted by Rikishin View Post
    One more thing I want to say. Augments should be an option, not a necessity. Now I have no option but to use the armor augment which I was already using for other stuff just to sort of balance back the change and also just cause I am OCD like that I will have to use another one just to get the 5% CDR I am missing cause I need to see my yellow 40%. Is not like I could use my mods cause I am already occupying those with the 10 extra % I needed.
    Look dude, they can't just change the game because of your personal preferences: ¨I need to see my yellow 40%¨ The game doesn't gravitate around you.

Claw of horus as it is for now it's actually stronger than before because 200 health > 20 attack armor, the amount of damage that those extra 20 attack armor covered are less than the ammount of attacks that you can recieve with extra 200 health + the 20 attack armor, plus you'll start using the keyword ¨Kinetic Armor¨ more since you'll have better sustain, capisce? ;p

About Booster's gold and the comment you did on Crossbow, they both have mods for extra 5% cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by RealName View Post
    Look dude, they can't just change the game because of your personal preferences: ¨I need to see my yellow 40%¨ The game doesn't gravitate around you.

Claw of horus as it is for now it's actually stronger than before because 200 health > 20 attack armor, the amount of damage that those extra 20 attack armor covered are less than the ammount of attacks that you can recieve with extra 200 health + the 20 attack armor, plus you'll start using the keyword ¨Kinetic Armor¨ more since you'll have better sustain, capisce? ;p

About Booster's gold and the comment you did on Crossbow, they both have mods for extra 5% cooldown.
    What are you talking about? I am like a black hole

I made an argument earlier that stalking CRD with sustain and no trade off is way to easy in the current pool of items available.

An AD support really just needs Abin and Rip Hunter you get all the sustain you need plus max CDR on just 2 items! No trade off! A support is not looking to stack damage anyways and you can convert that will into damage modding Deathshots visor.

You should have a pool of high CDR items with low sustain or non sustain and also have high sustain low CDR or non CDR. That way you make me pick carefully, there is trade off.

On a support you want to steadily build CRD across your itemization life cycle. Meaning low amounts of CDR on high sustain items and if you want to accelerate this process and clear item space for other non essential items, like damage on a support for instance, you can cover those via mods or augs. That is what playing with your build is.

I made a choice.. what is what this game is about right? Choices. I traded off High CDR for sustain, meaning I run out of will fast meaning I have to go back to base often that is my trade off and that is my choice high output/low sustain. That is the beauty of options. That is why Abin and Rip need less CDR and Huntress crossbow needs more, that is why Metallos needs to be a low CDR item while Booster needs more.

Regarding Horus.. statwise horus is better yes.. totally agree. Robin LOVE's this item and so does Batman now and they can stack it with Lobo's to boost! but while an option was given to these champions it was taken away for superman.

I just suggested a modification to Codas that will bring options for everyone to the table. While old Horus would be core item for sups, if the changes I propose for coda are taken into consideration, I would have to look at codas too now. Robin would have Lobo's/Coda's to look at and Sups would have Horus/Codas and we even the 'options' playing field. This game is about options, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Wurm_king View Post
    the good:
    Jokers crow bar. this item needed an upgrade because it still was not worth purchasing. now I am not sure if the 8 point increase will make that much of a difference but it is a move in the right direction.
    A good start, but still not worth buying in my opinion. Especially now that it costs 1250. 60 attack damage is great imho considering JCR gives you 70. Problem is, it takes a while to be effective at the current rate and 20 move speed while universal is not that special. I would rather have 10% penetration or 10% attack speed + 7% lfiesteal or something like that at max stacks. You can get other items that while they are more expensive the effects will help you earlier.
    Main Enforcer: Wonder Woman / Atomic Poison Ivy (kinda disappointed with Atrocitus)
    Main Controller: Zatanna
    Main Marksman: Green Arrow
    Main Bruiser: Superman
    Main Assassin: Gaslight Catwoman / Flash (I like Gas Cat better, but Flash is one of my favorite dc chars.)
    Main Blaster: Green Lantern

Protector

How the heck is flat pen (most effective for bursting squishies) not associated with burst, whereas % pen (most effective for derping on tankyderps) more bruisery anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Volandum View Post
    How the heck is flat pen (most effective for bursting squishies) not associated with burst, whereas % pen (most effective for derping on tankyderps) more bruisery anyway?
    Well you see.. Squishies by definition don't build almost any defense. Assassins/Blasters like to build high damage which is by definition by itself it's effective against squishies without the need of any kind of pen. Assassins/Blasters have the most problems against high defense champs making the % pen more effective against high defense which is where they really have problems.

Bruisers can use the flat pen against squishies cause they tend to build more balanced across damage and defense.

So there was no plans to do anything differently from last patch?

The mega rod change is interesting but we keep empowering health scaling and it worries me.

We are turning the Huntress crossbow into another Coda Blade? It worries me that we seem to be moving away from diversity in the itemization.

I really hope the September overhaul to artifacts is significant or this game will get boring really fast.

Community Advocate CH4_BrianFantana's Avatar

There will be likely significant artifact changes come september according to the Q&As to match with the champ changes.

And I'd say that it gave more options. Want pen/CDR, get huntress, want pen/wounding/ad, get coda. Coda is the cheaper option as well for budget builds.

Also, anything that makes revolver not a guarenteed item is fine in my book. Too much power is concentrated in that item IMO. I'd probably just reduce the crit damage from crits overall and make revolver modded go back to current.

And yes, I'd change starheart along with this.

End game is too...oh look I clicked you faster than you clicked me so you exploded in three crits while only managing to get one against me.

Probably increase penetration a bit (% on arcane/axe) to compensate for the overall reduced damage so chars like doomsday don't walk over everyone.
    Last edited by hammerreborn; 08-19-2014 at 11:40 AM.
    Formerly Known as Hammerreborn

Come watch me at my Twitch Stream. I'm a community streamer, and I currently give away free swag every Friday and Sunday nights. Come for the swag, stay for the IC and Comics.

You can see up to date updates about times and giveaways and other events at my thread found here.

You stay classy Ron Burgandy

Quote Originally Posted by hammerreborn View Post
    There will be likely significant artifact changes come september according to the Q&As to match with the champ changes.

And I'd say that it gave more options. Want pen/CDR, get huntress, want pen/wounding/ad, get coda. Coda is the cheaper option as well for budget builds.

Also, anything that makes revolver not a guarenteed item is fine in my book. Too much power is concentrated in that item IMO. I'd probably just reduce the crit damage from crits overall and make revolver modded go back to current.

And yes, I'd change starheart along with this.

End game is too...oh look I clicked you faster than you clicked me so you exploded in three crits while only managing to get one against me.

Probably increase penetration a bit (% on arcane/axe) to compensate for the overall reduced damage so chars like doomsday don't walk over everyone.
    Don't get me wrong, I am ok with the nerfing of Chill. I imagine that with the re-scaling of PD on sept, changes to starheart will come.

Are you going to tell me that between Coda's on it's current state and the changes to Huntress you would pick anything different than Huntress? You either take them both or just Huntress. Before, each brought a completely different approach to damage and now the are just a minor difference apart in which huntress is obviously the better pick.