Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Community Advocate CH4_BrianFantana's Avatar

Re: Ouch! What did you do to my Artifacts?

Quote Originally Posted by Dannin View Post
    Told ya lol .

the Atlantis aura changes will only really benefit those marksmen who tend to be a bit more supporty (like harley) , The lifesteal was far better for allowing a modicum of sustain early/mid game for chars the didn't want to use katana/claws due to either deaths or attack speed not being optimal for them.

And yeah Coda is just far too superior for its cost/output vs Huntress's.

Strangely as they are nerfing i mean making more attractive for bruisers more and more items they are reducing the choice of items for just about every other AD.

Horus lost its lifesteal and is now rarely used , Atlantis's seems to be going the same way , what next replace the lifesteal on Claw with will?

Theres now a huge lack of AD lifesteal items due to the variety of resource types in that section , Theres also a huge lack of CDR items in that section. its rather worrying that the devs seem to have bypassed the multiple resource mechanics they have given AD's and wonder why items have to be rushed because of the serious lack of choices (PD's have choice so do tanks , Non will AD's are kinda screwed for choice)
    PDs only damage comes from their skills, so having more options for CDR makes sense. When your damage comes from basic attacking for 700 a hit, AS is far more important than your skills to be fired every second as well.
    Formerly Known as Hammerreborn

Come watch me at my Twitch Stream. I'm a community streamer, and I currently give away free swag every Friday and Sunday nights. Come for the swag, stay for the IC and Comics.

You can see up to date updates about times and giveaways and other events at my thread found here.

You stay classy Ron Burgandy

Quote Originally Posted by hammerreborn View Post
    PDs only damage comes from their skills, so having more options for CDR makes sense. When your damage comes from basic attacking for 700 a hit, AS is far more important than your skills to be fired every second as well.
    semi correct. Apart from psi scim/ scarab....

And you have missed a few rather huge points.

1: Devs admitted they were shifting AD's like gascat to be far more skill reliant and far less direct attack reliant

2: In most PD users cases the fact its their only source of damage is reflected in their scalings. Hell Imagine if GL had his current scalings and could hit hard with his autos...

Thats where the problem comes in when the Devs openly state thet are looking to shift some AD's to skill based "burst" but the class lacks the items to live up to that.

3 things, first I used atlantis on my bruisers as well as my assassins, so it was not just for marksmen (and I wont be using it anymore because again not very helpful now).

the argument for power damage user's need more cooldown reduction because they only get damage from their abilities is a hollow one, partially from the earlier statements about assassins being more ability reliant and partially because that does not help attack damage blasters like catwoman (an I know she is are only one right now but that won't last for ever).

an it wasn't the loss of life steal that lowered the usage of Horus, it was the lowering of the armor. the 5% life steal was not that crucial of an ability.

and I would be fine with the changes to crossbow if they had given us a new item or altered a different item so that we could have a cheap early rush cooldown item for attack damage champs.
    Last edited by Wurm_king; 08-21-2014 at 01:41 PM.