Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: artifact feedback for June update patch 2

I think Claw of Horus gaining it's life steal back and keeping it's armour would be a good idea. Keeping it's attack damage also xD

As for Mogos I'd like to see it's health up to by a couple hundred and make it the healthy tank item keeping Booster Gold as the good defence item with utility.

Please don't change Claw of Horus or Booster Gold Power suit!! Please!

Make it more expensive if you want but don't change the stats.. I am not even asking for the life steal back. What happened to the Lobo/Horus/Beowulf trinity ahh? We don't need 2 lobos with different passives. We need a solid AD/AA artifact

I think the horus change was to help bruisers..honestly armor is good, but 200 hp is nuthin to scoff at..

The mogo change Im on the fence about..on one hand it does make me likely to take Aegis out of my Atroc build, and instead put mogo in..

But I do like the idea of makin it have both armor types..I think that if it is indeed gonna be a power armor item, then they need to add another Attk armor/ health item, or....Reduce SoS's Attk armor, and give it some health bonus..as it it the item itself is ounter productive to the way its passive works..you could lower SoS's Attk armor to 60 and give it 250 hp and bam problem solved.
    Yes..over NINE THOUSAND!!

also..Consider Ham as an option.

Re: Ouch! What did you do to my Artifacts?

or..with this change you could just give mogo back its CDR..
    Yes..over NINE THOUSAND!!

also..Consider Ham as an option.

But there are a thousand other items with HP on it. I don't want HP on my superman, if I wanted HP I would buy Lobo instead >.>

There are people that buy lobo on sups and that is fine but why force me to buy HP on him? isn't that limiting options? Doesn't that go against the dev's philosophy?

And sorry to be so vocal about this but this is a hot topic for me

Most enforcers scale of HP and some bruisers, there are other's that scale of attack armor. I have yet to see a single champ released that has any sort of Power Armor scaling but how are thing going to look for such a champ when it arrives? Shouldn't there be enough options for everyone?

The double credit stacking is interesting. On GH some players are getting 2 reasons to stay in lane with the increase in credits. Question: if I understand this properly, stacking augments double credit pick ups already so does this mean an augmented stacker will give 4 coins per pick up on GH? That means 15 health per coin for Ruby of Life. A 4 drone wave will give you 60 health. Or 8 PA + 8 AA for Phantom’s Necklace.

Me thinks Fat Joker bot lane is going to be new meta.

Bleed portal changes are a good start and while it hurts, the Booster Suit change was inevitable. That item does everything.

Mogos and Horus are the odd ones. Mogos has become the latest victim of the Fate’s Helm shuffle but I don’t think the armour type was the problem. Old Mogos used to be THE attack armour item for tanks, doing everything. EVERYTHING. CDR, health, armour and awesome activatable. Rightfully it had to be nerfed which meant it was split into two items (eventually) with the Booster Suit being defensive and Mogos (sort of) more attack focused. But with the aura damage nerf Mogos didn’t have enough offensive punch, not when you could get CDR from Booster Suit. Now there’s less CDR on Boosters but at the moment Mogos should be more attractive it loses all its attack armour, and there’s also less attack armour on Horus. If you don’t want to be paying for will or PD then the only attack armour options you’ve got is Booster Suit or SoS. They’re still the default.

I always thought Mogos was supposed to be the enforcer item where you were hoping to be in the thick of the fight for a long time, hence the long radiation burn but at a low intensity. If so, wouldn’t it be better to add power pen to the item? Just 10 power pen would make it attractive to enforcers with low scaling abilities without making it too blaster friendly, also giving the rad burn a bit more teeth while it does its low, long term damage from the middle of the team fight. Might be better than shifting yet another top tier active or passive to a power armour item.

I suppose the Horus change puts it right between Lobos and the old Mogos. I don’t use it much so I’m not clear on how it will affect builds but after all the health nerfs we’ve had it’s interesting that we now have a new health item for pure AD champs.

Should be an interesting patch. Look forward to watching some GH games to see what happens.

Again, sorry for the multiple posts but right now I just have like a thousand ideas popping up in my head.

OK. Granted maybe the Booster gold reduction on CDR was fair but consider this. How many items do you currently have that grant 20% CDR? We have Abin Sur's Lantern, Doctor Destiny's and Rip Hunter's Time Pack. Any combination of 2 of these and you are maxed meaning that any further purchase of any CDR artifacts is wasted gold.

Doctor was originally a controller item which granted slight PD and PA lots of will regen based sustain and lots of CDR. Truth is, supports love the will regen sustain but rather have will as it scales most of their kits. Being helplessly replaced by the new Abin Sur's which gives everything any support needs and then some, the Doctor is now a will regen sustain option for blasters that don't care much for total will. Rip Hunters is another clear cut controller artifact that to be honest only Harley and pre change robin could really get a clear utility of it and maybe Arcane GL and you could make an argument for catwoman.

I will postulate that Rip Hunter already has lots of will and will regen and doesn't need so much CDR and in fact I would argue that Abin Sur's has way to much CDR for the amount of will sustain it provides. I propose you reduce the CDR on these 2 items to 10 on the rip hunter and 15 max CDR on the Abin Sur and keep the 20% at Doctor and give Huntress's crossbow 20% too.

The change on the crossbow will make it a solid CDR item and force you to look for sustain option while the Doctor is a solid will regen sustain with no damage so if you get this item you need to look for damage options as a blaster which in a way you can spam your skills so you sort of have.

Point being there are lots of controller friendly CDR artifacts and while you have Cosmic Staff, Fatality's Energy Lance, Two Face's Coin and Marauder Ring as Blaster CDR items that you can literally stack 2 of these plus the Doctor and you are good to go. While the only item on the AD spectrum is Huntress for AD blasters.

If you make Huntress 20 then you can match Doctor and stack AD items or you can do a couple of support friendly items like Rip and metallos and get by.

Lead Systems Designer IC_DangerDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rikishin View Post
    And sorry to be so vocal about this but this is a hot topic for me
    Hey, no worries, Rikishin. I'm glad to hear the feedback.

Ok, so there are a bunch of good questions coming up on the thread, and I also hear the concerns. Here's some more insights on our goals for the Artifact changes I hear you wondering about.

Claw of Horus:
    As the patch notes mentioned, adding Health at the expense of some of its Attack Armor was to increase its appeal for Attack Damage Champions looking for staying power. V3G3TA is correct that this is meant to be of primary benefit to Bruisers. Remember, also, that you can MOD the claw to give +15 more Attack Armor all the time, if you want.

I hear you that you felt you already had an Attack Damage and Health option, but we felt and heard that there should be more choices for gaining Health and Attack Damage. Whereas Lobo's puts more of its value in Health and has the slowing Attack Harrier keyword, Claw of Horus has a more offensive emphasis which can still benefit a team by stripping Attack Armor off an enemy.

Fragment of Mogo:
    Before the change to Power Armor, we had two strong Health+Attack Armor choices in Booster Gold's Power Suit and Fragment of Mogo. At the same time the top end Health+Power Armor choice on Entropy Aegis also had Will, a stat that was not desired by all Champions.

The idea of giving it both Armor types is appealing on one level--who wouldn't like both armors in one package? However, the risk of that change is that it becomes a no-choice, must-buy Artifact. There might be a place in between, but as many may recall, Fragment was in a "buy this on everyone" place in the past and we've been trying to find a solid but not all-encompassing place for it since. DINGbat777 is not wrong that Fragment's Burning Core keyword is meant to push toward offensive use, sticking it out amidst the enemy team.

Collector Changes on Gotham Heights:
    Dingbat777, to answer your question about the Collector changes for Gotham Heights, the Accelerated mods would increase coin collection to give FOUR stacks per coin.

CDR:
    On the topic of CDR options, remember also that you can get a lot of CDR through Augments.

I'm always interested in hearing how people have used and plan to use the Artifacts under discussion--on what roles and specific Champions. So, I would appreciate hearing how you build, especially including augments and mods, and the stats you are pursuing. Do your priorities for stats change from early in a game to later? If so, how?

Above all, I hope you'll give the changes a try in the game see if, in adapting your strategy, you find new approaches to success with your chosen Champion.

master mirrors prism is already health and power armour, why not just give that more stats and high final tier cost, cos 3000 like suit of sorrows?