Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Ouch! What did you do to my Artifacts?

Quote Originally Posted by IC_DangerDan View Post
    Hey, no worries, Rikishin. I'm glad to hear the feedback.

Ok, so there are a bunch of good questions coming up on the thread, and I also hear the concerns. Here's some more insights on our goals for the Artifact changes I hear you wondering about.

Claw of Horus:
    As the patch notes mentioned, adding Health at the expense of some of its Attack Armor was to increase its appeal for Attack Damage Champions looking for staying power. V3G3TA is correct that this is meant to be of primary benefit to Bruisers. Remember, also, that you can MOD the claw to give +15 more Attack Armor all the time, if you want.

I hear you that you felt you already had an Attack Damage and Health option, but we felt and heard that there should be more choices for gaining Health and Attack Damage. Whereas Lobo's puts more of its value in Health and has the slowing Attack Harrier keyword, Claw of Horus has a more offensive emphasis which can still benefit a team by stripping Attack Armor off an enemy.

Fragment of Mogo:
    Before the change to Power Armor, we had two strong Health+Attack Armor choices in Booster Gold's Power Suit and Fragment of Mogo. At the same time the top end Health+Power Armor choice on Entropy Aegis also had Will, a stat that was not desired by all Champions.

The idea of giving it both Armor types is appealing on one level--who wouldn't like both armors in one package? However, the risk of that change is that it becomes a no-choice, must-buy Artifact. There might be a place in between, but as many may recall, Fragment was in a "buy this on everyone" place in the past and we've been trying to find a solid but not all-encompassing place for it since. DINGbat777 is not wrong that Fragment's Burning Core keyword is meant to push toward offensive use, sticking it out amidst the enemy team.

Collector Changes on Gotham Heights:
    Dingbat777, to answer your question about the Collector changes for Gotham Heights, the Accelerated mods would increase coin collection to give FOUR stacks per coin.

CDR:
    On the topic of CDR options, remember also that you can get a lot of CDR through Augments.

I'm always interested in hearing how people have used and plan to use the Artifacts under discussion--on what roles and specific Champions. So, I would appreciate hearing how you build, especially including augments and mods, and the stats you are pursuing. Do your priorities for stats change from early in a game to later? If so, how?

Above all, I hope you'll give the changes a try in the game see if, in adapting your strategy, you find new approaches to success with your chosen Champion.
    Thanks Dan for the response and I do understand the appeal of health in the majority of available bruisers and enforcers. The reality is that 90% of them have some sort of Health scaling which in my opinion limits build options but that is a champion design issue.

Yes there should be an amount of items proportional to the champion audience. In the process of doing the change we are hurting the champions that are really unique and outside the rule of thumb of designing principles.

Where are the options of Armor loving champions? You guys will eventually design a Power Armor scaling champ is just a matter of time. What about the itemization of those champions? Item options should be proportional to the champion pool to allow diversity. While making every other bruiser on the game more effective you have hurt my favorate champ

I think the better fix for this is to have more items. As the pool of available champs increases is time for more options. Now I have no choice but to build my favorite bruiser as if he benefited of Health which is not the case and gives an unfair advantage to the champions that do scale of HP.

DigiComm Manager IC_ElectricLeo's Avatar

What a lot of you guys don't realise is that when I email DangerDan to talk about stuff, his replies using an orange font. So the real victim in any kind of artifact discussion is me. Please consider my pain and suffering.

LOL Leo.. so sorry about your eyes.

I do think you guys need a better pairing of champion design and itemization those go hand and hand.

Right now in the Bruiser and Enforcer department you have an overwhelming pool of PD/Health pairings in the champion design, to the point in which any kind of armor is more of a "in response build option" I would like to see in the long term and as champions grow in populations more evenly distributed scaling pairings for champions. This is the only place where you will really see build diversity as long as there is an evenly distributed option pool of items.

One more thing I want to say. Augments should be an option, not a necessity. Now I have no option but to use the armor augment which I was already using for other stuff just to sort of balance back the change and also just cause I am OCD like that I will have to use another one just to get the 5% CDR I am missing cause I need to see my yellow 40%. Is not like I could use my mods cause I am already occupying those with the 10 extra % I needed.

Hey, no worries, Rikishin. I'm glad to hear the feedback.

Claw of Horus:
    As the patch notes mentioned, adding Health at the expense of some of its Attack Armor was to increase its appeal for Attack Damage Champions looking for staying power. V3G3TA is correct that this is meant to be of primary benefit to Bruisers. Remember, also, that you can MOD the claw to give +15 more Attack Armor all the time, if you want.

I hear you that you felt you already had an Attack Damage and Health option, but we felt and heard that there should be more choices for gaining Health and Attack Damage. Whereas Lobo's puts more of its value in Health and has the slowing Attack Harrier keyword, Claw of Horus has a more offensive emphasis which can still benefit a team by stripping Attack Armor off an enemy.

look I understand that some bruisers benefit from more health but as someone who likes to play as superman you are forcing me to give up an item slot for more armor. I use to use claws of Horus, Lobo's chain, and Beowulf's sword to provide my armor and health needs for superman while at the same time giving me more attack damage. now I will have to drop Horus and its 40 attack damage for Suit of Sorrows because Horus no longer provides the amount of armor I need to boost superman's passive. if you really wanted a item that provided both damage, health, and armor then you should have just made one rather then changing a useful item that was already well balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Wurm_king View Post
    look I understand that some bruisers benefit from more health but as someone who likes to play as superman you are forcing me to give up an item slot for more armor. I use to use claws of Horus, Lobo's chain, and Beowulf's sword to provide my armor and health needs for superman while at the same time giving me more attack damage. now I will have to drop Horus and its 40 attack damage for Suit of Sorrows because Horus no longer provides the amount of armor I need to boost superman's passive. if you really wanted a item that provided both damage, health, and armor then you should have just made one rather then changing a useful item that was already well balanced.
    Seconded Wurm_king! you tell'em :P

look another way to fix this if you are determined to keep claws of horus with these changes, and really you shouldn't, is to make armor passives like superman's gain a bonus from both armor and health. that way you keep you bonus to claws of horus and we can keep playing superman with a passive that is still useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Wurm_king View Post
    look another way to fix this if you are determined to keep claws of horus with these changes, and really you shouldn't, is to make armor passives like superman's gain a bonus from both armor and health. that way you keep you bonus to claws of horus and we can keep playing superman with a passive that is still useful.
    No no no no.. leave Sups alone.. give me a new item or reverse Claw of Horus >.>

I'm always interested in hearing how people have used and plan to use the Artifacts under discussion--on what roles and specific Champions. So, I would appreciate hearing how you build, especially including augments and mods, and the stats you are pursuing. Do your priorities for stats change from early in a game to later? If so, how?

Above all, I hope you'll give the changes a try in the game see if, in adapting your strategy, you find new approaches to success with your chosen Champion.
    Let me tell you about my perfect superman build which was totally ruined

I would rush Claw of Horus with my first 750. This maximizes superman's passive plus added damage to boost. Makes me pretty resilient early on. I would max out the Claw Modded with the Magnified Claw Of Horus for that extra armor shred.

I would jump immediately into the sustain wagon with the Soultaker Katana modded too with the Capacity Soultaker Katana. No pain no gain right?

Then to accelerate my skill burst and passive with Huntress's crossbow into Joe chills modded with Empowered Joe Chill's Revolver cause when that one crit lands I want it to land hard.

Then I went for defense with booster gold to increase that passive and skill burst. perfect item for sups.

And finish with Beowulf for that extra AD and just enough PA to get my passive off against a blaster.

I had the AD/CDR Aug, AD per lvl/CDR per lvl, CDR/Attack Armor, CDR per lvl/Attack Armor per lvl this added to the 10% CDR I was missing.

The only HP I got was cause of the Booster which was fine.

End game stats bonus armor was really close to 100, I think 98.something. plus the base of course.

Final AA damage was 405 I think or really close.

Bonus PA was the 50 for the Beowulf so I had the perfect superman distribution for this char.

My full CDR would allow me to get a third Q during my passive and a second W. on a 10 sec refresh.

I have no substitute for Horus after the change and am forced now to use a mod to add CDR to either the bow or the booster.

As you can see I am a really sad panda

I had mathematical perfection on my build and it was totally ruined.

my custom on superman was I rushed Lobo's chain first, so that I could get a decent mix of health, attack damage, and I could prevent some of the faster top laners from running.

next I would build claws of horus for the defensive bonus.

after that it depended on how the game was going, who I played against and what the enemy team composition was. I would usually either go sword of Beowolf or soul taker katana.

but if I had enough from kills I would go for deathstrokes claymore before the other 2. the last item would always be joe chill's revolver.

now I have to drop the attack damage form horus for more armor with a suit of sorrows and that impacts the amount of damage I can do against other champions.
    Last edited by Wurm_king; 07-24-2014 at 11:06 PM.