Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Changes to mogos

Since leo said dangerdan would be in this forum answering questions i thought id start this thread for some feedback on the changes to this item

personally i dont like the change

imo the best use for mogo, given its active, is for getting into the thick of the fight against bruisers and other melee champs, it discourages them from staying near you, giving you additional peel if you dont have strong CC. it basically punishes other melee users for grouping up, which can also happen when your diving the back lines and they are trying to peel you off of their carries. i feel this was its specific niche, anti melee, and every melee champion does attack damage (yes there are power damage bruisers, but they still auto attack you) so it makes sense for the item to further refine its role in being attack armour

it also reduces the number of late game attack armour items with health to 1 (i say late game because i know claw of horus has health now, but its not a very good item anyway, at least not for enforcers who spend more time focusing on hitting their CC than continuously auto attacking)

edit: also will someone tell Annuvin he says the word niche wrong, it bugs me every Q+A he does
    Last edited by Matthewb969; 07-23-2014 at 09:43 AM.

DigiComm Manager IC_ElectricLeo's Avatar

Re: Changes to mogos

How does he say it? It bothers me that every American says it "nitch" when it's clearly "neesh". I've been here three years and I still want to shout at people when they say it.

I don't, though.

thats exactly what hes doing wrong, please shout at him, you can say its from me

Lead Systems Designer IC_DangerDan's Avatar

Ok, first off and most importantly: I have always pronounced "Niche" as "neesh". Then I did a stream and I was told I was saying it wrong. I checked for the pronunciation on Google, and apparently the internet agrees that it is "nitch". Could the internet be wrong?! I'm probably going to keep slipping up and saying "neesh", and when I am mocked I will take comfort knowing that Matthewb969 and ElectricLeo have my back.

Now, on to Fragment of Mogo...
    Matthew, I take your points about using Fragment and popping Burning Core when you get into the mix. The Health is there so it is generally useful. I would argue that the Power Armor has its place for surviving in the midst of a fight, too.

Also, don't count out Olympus Gambit which also offers Health and both Armor types. Its aura plays nicely with being that tough-to-kill threat in the middle of team fight that Mogo's wants, too.

Still, I appreciate the feedback. Maybe you could tell me more about which Champions you like to buy Fragment on and what other Artifacts, Augments, and Mods you use on those Champions at the same time?

Since you guys are working on Fragment of Mogo, can we have a mod for a stronger Burning Core? I personally would love to see a slightly stronger version available for those champs I put right into the middle of the enemy team.
    New Player 1v1 Tournament! Prize is s Gold Steam Pack

I am looking for feedback on recent community events. Fill out the form here! I will read all responses even if there is 1000.

The_Dycer Guides!
    A Coast City Guide: Updates SoonTM
    The Definition of SoonTM

Dycer's Ample Amplifier Album! Check it out for help with Augments.

Dycer's Monstrous Marina Modset Manual! Use it for help with item mods.

I am not a Turbine employee, and do not receive the compensation/benefits/privileges that employees do. Currently I have a pending application to be the Director of the Putting Things on Top of Other Things Department.

I'm on Dawnbase! Check highly rated guides for great builds and tips!

"The Earth had too many men." - Dycer 2014

"KS, it is what Dycers do best!"- Dycer 2015

One only improves through quality repetition. Practice does not make perfect; only perfect practice makes perfect.

The State of The_Dycer Adress

Getting back to daily words!
    Strange word of the day; Quinquiplicate: To multiply by five
    If you win a spelling bee due to "Strange word of the day", I receive 2% of the winnings.
    Most Colorful Forum Signature
    I am running low on original colors!

38 No Death 5v5 games in queue without an afk this patch!

I still want them to either put the HP back on it and put some cooldown on it as well as put it back to attack armor. because as of the nefing to give it the same stats as Booster gold's armor it became useless and this change just makes it more useless.

let me explain, what it offers as of this last patch is 200 health and 50 power armor plus a damage aura that does 50 power damage initially then 50-15 a second for a few seconds, and this costs 3000 gold. now for 3000 gold I can instead get entropy ageis which offers 200 health, 60 power armor, 250 will, and a skill block shield.

Or kryptonian war armor which gives me 60 power damage, 30 move speed health regain and any healing I receive is 20% more effective. Or for a little over half that I can get Mirror Master's Prisim which has 200 health, 40 power armor, and a 30% power reflect. so as you can see there are 3 items that are just pure armor which have more utility and cost the same or less and have the same or close to the same stats.

and back when it was an attack damage armor it was useless because you have suit of sorrows which has more armor and attack damage reflect and, as I have said before, booster gold's armor which had the exact same stats, cost the same, and had the added benefit of 10% cooldown, resistance to turrets, and an increase to any shield placed on the champion.

If you want to make Mogo relevant again then what needs to happen is an increase to either health or base armor stat, and switching it back to attack damage armor.

Thanks for the reply, also neesh is correct, so keep saying it.

honestely since you introduced booster golds, not many, unless the game got to really late, but that is because you also nerfed the damage on the activatable, nerfed the health a little, and the boosters has cdr. it is the superior choice.

but typically i get it last item on anyone who i wanted to only build tank stats on, because without it people can tend to just ignore you as you have no damage. the main one i like it on is mecha superman, but also wonderwoman, API, gas joker.
    with my usual enforcer build i get olympus, crime bible, amulet of isis, boosters/metallo for the cdr and attack armour, one of aegis or war armour, as both help you engage, then mogo final item for the disruption you can cause, which given late game is also when you want to sit on your adc to protect him it becomes very useful. if the damage were higher i would consider getting it as the first attack armour item.

unless the pdc is super fed i usually prioritise attack armour, getting 2 of those as i feel its more important
    atm i would feel that both aegis and war armour are stronger choices for pd on any of those champs, one for skill shield and one for move speed both making engaging easier.
    my mods are for olympus, bible and isis

also you mentioned wanting to increase the number of pd and health items, why not just increase the stats on final tier of mirror master and increase its final price so it is similar to suit of sorrows?
    Last edited by Matthewb969; 07-23-2014 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IC_DangerDan View Post
    Now, on to Fragment of Mogo...
    Matthew, I take your points about using Fragment and popping Burning Core when you get into the mix. The Health is there so it is generally useful. I would argue that the Power Armor has its place for surviving in the midst of a fight, too.

Also, don't count out Olympus Gambit which also offers Health and both Armor types. Its aura plays nicely with being that tough-to-kill threat in the middle of team fight that Mogo's wants, too.

Still, I appreciate the feedback. Maybe you could tell me more about which Champions you like to buy Fragment on and what other Artifacts, Augments, and Mods you use on those Champions at the same time?
    I know I am not a pro or anyone of any status, but perhaps the mogo passive should scale with hp (at least a very VERY small scaling). So tanks that don't have the best dps have some way to increase their damage? (atrocitus and mecha supes come to mind)
    Last edited by Godman873; 07-23-2014 at 05:55 PM.

It was way better as Attack Armor no doubt, worst change in the whole patch imo. Please take a look at the available Attack Armor items and then discount those who provide will (there are many champions who doesn't use will, several tank and bruiser ones that benefit from defensive stats).

Right now if you are playing a champion that uses no will you can choose just a few items for attack armor while Power Armor is practically everywhere...

Then add to the mix that Power Armor is (according to my understanding) way more efficient since Power Damage tends to be higher damage burst while attack damage tends to be lower damage but sustained on time, I could be wrong on this last thing tho...
    Last edited by JekeTeMata; 07-23-2014 at 06:47 PM.

First of I'd like to thank Leo and Dan for actually taking time to evaluate our feedback, we appreciate it.

then I'd like to add my opinion, maybe coming from a more competitive point of view, If one were to look at the champions played in the Gamescom qualifiers, one would notice that by fact the most banned champion is shazam, followed by flash and Atomic Poison Ivy, which excludes 3 Power Damage Heroes from the equation already. Taking this into account, the probablity is that junglers will go for Nightbat, or Gascat, or rather one will be present in the enemy team, subsequently there will be a controller, which unless it is zatanna, the power damage output will be ignorable at mid game levels. A marksman will always be present, leaving 2 optional champions, the midlaner and the top, currently in top people play GasJoker, Atomic Green Lantern as highest priority picks, following are atomic wonder woman, wonder woman prime, doomsday, and in extreme cases, Supergirl , Superman or Aquaman.

Now out of the mentioned top laners 4 scale with power damage, but effectively, being forced to prioritise tank items, wonder woman prime and gaslight joker will never be threats in term of their damage, but of their utility. otherwise for aquaman and atomic green lantern one will want to pick up the master prism, to help reflect some damage, and entropy aegis is already better than Mogo as it is now, making Mogo a 3rd possible or a No-pick item.

In reality it will never really be picked, because any more then the 2 above mentioned items isnt a requirement against high Power damage dealers. A bruiser will not seek to out tank a power damage dealer, he will look to kill him, so all he will need is to not get bursted and survive through maybe 2-3 combos if 1v1.

I hope this explains my opinion in a more coincise way towards a competitive level, i also made my own post on the item changes adding some info specifically on Booster gold's Power Suit.
    https://www.infinitecrisis.com/forum...e-item-changes

Thanks Again.

tSpark-