Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thank you

Re: Thank you

As Rofflestomp and Floon have stated, a big push on the environment polish is underway for September. Glad someone noticed the grass. Adding personality and polishing assets that we feel didn't quite hit the mark is definitely in our cross hairs for this next update.

In regards to cloth physics, a polish pass has also been happening on characters that could've used more love. Cloth I'll say is extremely challenging, especially with the responsive nature of the game and yet, look and react well at all times, as I like to say, we're harnessing chaos. You want the cloth to do whatever it wants, within known constraints and when you have a character with some extreme animations, it's challenging.

I have a little experience doing simple 3D cloth physics with single direction forces applied to it. I can't even begin to imagine how you do it in a game. I'm excited to see what's in store!

Quote Originally Posted by IC_Hastur View Post
    As Rofflestomp and Floon have stated, a big push on the environment polish is underway for September. Glad someone noticed the grass. Adding personality and polishing assets that we feel didn't quite hit the mark is definitely in our cross hairs for this next update.

In regards to cloth physics, a polish pass has also been happening on characters that could've used more love. Cloth I'll say is extremely challenging, especially with the responsive nature of the game and yet, look and react well at all times, as I like to say, we're harnessing chaos. You want the cloth to do whatever it wants, within known constraints and when you have a character with some extreme animations, it's challenging.
    Great.
    The worst part about cloth physics now for me, is that even when simply walking they're wrong, example: Supergirl, it's like someone's pushing her cape. xD
    - PC -
    PSU: MAXXTRO ATX 450epn12 (450w);
    MOBO: G41M-VS3;
    CPU: Core 2 Duo E7500 @2.93GHz;
    RAM: Dual-Channel 4GB DDR3;
    GPU: GeForce GTX550 Ti;
    Screen: 1360x768.

I really can't wait for what's about to come!
    If you are having tech issues, want to report a bug, report a player, your code isn't working or got any comment or feedback.
    GO HERE:
    http://support.infinitecrisis.com/ic.../ticketNew.asp

Submit a ticket, to do all listed above and even more.

*How To post a DxDiag

*Infinite Crisis Forum's Rules

*I'm Famous <3
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___
    MY FAV STREAMS!
    Sycogenesis' Stream :http://www.twitch.tv/sycogenesis
    Beco's Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/dps_beco
    Hammerborn's Stream: twitch.tv/hammerreborn

The King in Yellow is working on IC?
    I'm not sure what this means for our future.....

Would love to see some trees and such that we could toss in place of cars and buildings on the green side.

Quote Originally Posted by KG_Danuck View Post
    Would love to see some trees and such that we could toss in place of cars and buildings on the green side.
    A bit of info about the large throwable objects:

All of our throwable vehicles have the same physics box. This was done to ensure that they always affect game play in a consistent way. In our maps we randomize the car types and colors that show up. This is particularly prevalent in Gotham Heights. In our other maps we have some restrictions. For example, in Coast city the Humvees always show up in the same spots (namely around the military focused areas). In Gotham Divided we restrict the modern cars to the modern side and the gaslight cars to the gaslight side.

Keeping the physics consistent allows us to seal off vision in an airtight fashion. At one point early on in development the car physics shapes varied slightly in size. We began running into issues with small gaps around them. We found that players could get small slivers of line of sight in areas we didn't intend.

Our other large throwable objects (the taco, hotdog, souvenir cart, etc) have slightly different shapes. These are always used symmetrically on the maps to keep things balanced for both teams.

Given these restrictions, we do try to come up with new and interesting ideas for things to throw around (see: taco and hotdog ) as long as they fit within the context of the map they're on. A tree might be a bit of a stretch though. All of our large thrown objects us the same champion animations. These animations work well when the large objects are roughly the same size. Varying the size of these too much could cause the animations to not read well.

That said, we are always looking to add more flavor to our maps. If anyone has any lore appropriate suggestions we’d love to hear them.

Quote Originally Posted by IC_Rofflestomp View Post
    A bit of info about the large throwable objects:

All of our throwable vehicles have the same physics box. This was done to ensure that they always affect game play in a consistent way. In our maps we randomize the car types and colors that show up. This is particularly prevalent in Gotham Heights. In our other maps we have some restrictions. For example, in Coast city the Humvees always show up in the same spots (namely around the military focused areas). In Gotham Divided we restrict the modern cars to the modern side and the gaslight cars to the gaslight side.

Keeping the physics consistent allows us to seal off vision in an airtight fashion. At one point early on in development the car physics shapes varied slightly in size. We began running into issues with small gaps around them. We found that players could get small slivers of line of sight in areas we didn't intend.

Our other large throwable objects (the taco, hotdog, souvenir cart, etc) have slightly different shapes. These are always used symmetrically on the maps to keep things balanced for both teams.

Given these restrictions, we do try to come up with new and interesting ideas for things to throw around (see: taco and hotdog ) as long as they fit within the context of the map they're on. A tree might be a bit of a stretch though. All of our large thrown objects us the same champion animations. These animations work well when the large objects are roughly the same size. Varying the size of these too much could cause the animations to not read well.

That said, we are always looking to add more flavor to our maps. If anyone has any lore appropriate suggestions we’d love to hear them.
    sometimes i mentioned a time ago, was if i's possible to have meteors of another colors, if they actuals are mixed with some red, why not have one with cold blue? or blue cold (heh)? maybe another obeject like... Statue? those are for now the only things that come to my mind.
    If you are having tech issues, want to report a bug, report a player, your code isn't working or got any comment or feedback.
    GO HERE:
    http://support.infinitecrisis.com/ic.../ticketNew.asp

Submit a ticket, to do all listed above and even more.

*How To post a DxDiag

*Infinite Crisis Forum's Rules

*I'm Famous <3
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___
    MY FAV STREAMS!
    Sycogenesis' Stream :http://www.twitch.tv/sycogenesis
    Beco's Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/dps_beco
    Hammerborn's Stream: twitch.tv/hammerreborn

Quote Originally Posted by Mrlucho View Post
    sometimes i mentioned a time ago, was if i's possible to have meteors of another colors, if they actuals are mixed with some red, why not have one with cold blue? or blue cold (heh)? maybe another obeject like... Statue? those are for now the only things that come to my mind.
    The reason for the meteor rock being red is twofold. When we tried to decide what the small throwable objects should be, we wanted something that served both the lore and gamplay.

LORE: The meteor rock is actually a piece of rubble from the bleed. The bleed is red, so the rock is red .
    Link for anyone who's curious about the bleed http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Bleed

GAMEPLAY: We wanted some key visual element that stood out from the environment in an attempt to communicate to the player that this object is unique and something they should know about. Cars (and other large objects) serve that purpose well because they're hard to miss. Smaller objects are a bit more difficult. We need it to stand out and not get lost during large team battles. A glowing red rock seems to work well for that purpose. We could potentially run into problems if we were to start introducing other small environmental objects into the throw mechanic. I'm not saying we won't ever explore something else for this. But for now the red bleed rock seems to work.

I find at the higher graphics there is no recognition issues on the red but low graphics it wasnt the case.