Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Community Advocate CH4_BrianFantana's Avatar

Re: Champion Design and Balance Q&A Summary

Quote Originally Posted by IC_Hexx View Post
    We're working on Will Scaling currently. We are moving away from Will Scaling CC durations because it weakens the reward for ranking disruptive skills and forces those champions into an exclusively late-game role.

This does not mean we are removing Will Scaling completely, but we are redefining what should or should NOT Will scale.

As for the supply/demand issue on Will we are examining that as well, but I don't have anything specific to share at the moment. Stay tuned!
    I sorta get that, but at the same time that seems counter to your "Hexx Hex". If the sections are supposed to represent the "end-game" goal, Controllers are firmly in the utility. But if their CC utility is the same early-late game (by making them non-scaling), then doesn't this run counter to that goal?

Where would Arc GL be for example with the scaling removed. His passive and ult as the only way to "improve" with utility?

They are in the upper right section, so I guess you could try making them more bursty late game, but doesn't that end up with the same issues as zatanna and harley are at right now, in which they are venturing too far into the other hexes?

Maybe improving the ratios gained from Eye of Ekron and Deadshots would help, but I don't see the end goal with Controllers, which I've kinda wondered for a while now. If giving great CC for a huge item investment isn't in line with the utility goal of the class...what is? It can't be just shield or heal boosts.
    Last edited by hammerreborn; 07-24-2014 at 05:17 PM.
    Formerly Known as Hammerreborn

Come watch me at my Twitch Stream. I'm a community streamer, and I currently give away free swag every Friday and Sunday nights. Come for the swag, stay for the IC and Comics.

You can see up to date updates about times and giveaways and other events at my thread found here.

You stay classy Ron Burgandy

There is one more thing about the Hexx Hex that I think is important to mention.

You should have 2 district categories on the hex and is melee or ranged.

Ranged:
    1.Marksmen
    2. Blasters
    3.Controlers

Melee
    1. Bruisers
    2. Enforcers
    3. Assassins

By this definition, Arc GL who walks that enforcer-controller line should be moved to full enforcer. Remove the will scaling from his Q and W, increase it as it used to scale but make it flat. Make his passive and Ulti scale off Health instead of will.

Catwoman would be an interesting case cause she would become an assassin by this definition yet gaslight cat is already an assassin. Unless they give her range, but then that would make her a marksmen, a mobile and blastery marksmen. But if they do give her range it should be shortest range of all other marksmen.

Quote Originally Posted by Rikishin View Post
    There is one more thing about the Hexx Hex that I think is important to mention.

You should have 2 district categories on the hex and is melee or ranged.

Ranged:
    1.Marksmen
    2. Blasters
    3.Controlers

Melee
    1. Bruisers
    2. Enforcers
    3. Assassins

By this definition, Arc GL who walks that enforcer-controller line should be moved to full enforcer. Remove the will scaling from his Q and W, increase it as it used to scale but make it flat. Make his passive and Ulti scale off Health instead of will.

Catwoman would be an interesting case cause she would become an assassin by this definition yet gaslight cat is already an assassin. Unless they give her range, but then that would make her a marksmen, a mobile and blastery marksmen. But if they do give her range it should be shortest range of all other marksmen.
    You are correct - with how things breakdown you see a Melee vs Ranged in each of the axes.
    Sustained Damage:
    -Marksman (Ranged)
    -Bruisers (Melee)

Burst
    -Assassins (Melee)
    -Blasters (Ranged)

Utility
    -Enforcers (Melee)
    -Controllers (Ranged)

As for your analysis on Arc GL... no spoilers!

Catwoman... yeah...

Community Advocate CH4_BrianFantana's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IC_Hexx View Post
    You are correct - with how things breakdown you see a Melee vs Ranged in each of the axes.
    Sustained Damage:
    -Marksman (Ranged)
    -Bruisers (Melee)

Burst
    -Assassins (Melee)
    -Blasters (Ranged)

Utility
    -Enforcers (Melee)
    -Controllers (Ranged)

As for your analysis on Arc GL... no spoilers!

Catwoman... yeah...
    I don't know if I like where this is going :|
    Formerly Known as Hammerreborn

Come watch me at my Twitch Stream. I'm a community streamer, and I currently give away free swag every Friday and Sunday nights. Come for the swag, stay for the IC and Comics.

You can see up to date updates about times and giveaways and other events at my thread found here.

You stay classy Ron Burgandy

I also wonder what direction you guys will go in regards to Robin. He has enough utility to go in the enforcer route (Not personally a fan but what can you do).

I personally would like him in the assassin side of things now that batman will be in that same spot. Make Robin's kit feel like batman's but different, same as the superman/supergirl scenario.

good job hammer its kingofcomics726version from your stream