Game Flickering/Freezing

My game keeps flickering. I would be playing and then all of the sudden it would freeze and flicker where it would go black, for a few seconds, the screen would then pop back all white and after another second or two it would then go back to playing like normal. That' easily gets frustrating while playing a MOBA. I have since started using Game Booster and the flickering has stopped quite a bit but it still present. I would get at least two of them in each match. I'm using Intel HD 3000 if that helps (I know, horrible for gaming but the game does support it). Anyways, I can play League of Legends perfectly fine but I much prefer Infinite Crisis. Anyone else get this issue or know of what to fix it.

I should also mention that before using Game Booster, I would get an error during the flickering saying something along the lines from Windows "Graphics display has stopped working but fixed itself" or something like that? Sound familiar?

Re: Game Flickering/Freezing

Hi i use to get the flickering in the game also except wen playing in the battle areana it will flicker and freeze and sometimes stop me from pushing join cause it froze or wen i type it froze the flickering i fixed actually i just unistalled and reinstalled the program it stop the flickering but not the freezing it count to bout ten and stop moving and jumps to 22 secs and then on ima trying to fix the freezing from the login part i have no clue if u find anything let me know

Quote Originally Posted by Uzamaki89 View Post
    Hi i use to get the flickering in the game also except wen playing in the battle areana it will flicker and freeze and sometimes stop me from pushing join cause it froze or wen i type it froze the flickering i fixed actually i just unistalled and reinstalled the program it stop the flickering but not the freezing it count to bout ten and stop moving and jumps to 22 secs and then on ima trying to fix the freezing from the login part i have no clue if u find anything let me know
    Sure thing buddy. I tried emailing support but unsure if it got to them or not. Seems like a few people has the same problem from what I could gather. I really enjoy playing this game too. Couldn't get into mobas before this game.

Turbine Customer Support IC_Mirthgar's Avatar

Make sure that you put the Intel chip on DirectX 9 mode in the game options, those chipsets report they can support D3D10/11 rendering but generally only do so as they apply to 2d features (video playback) not really the 3d rendering features (enhanced lighting and shadows) and that leads to significant performance drops.

I'd also recommend windowed mode and a lower resolution as well, they're not strictly 3d gaming chipsets so performance at higher settings is generally reduced.