Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

An important message to the Community and the Devs

Recently, I have been meeting a number of new players, as well as meeting old ones during my normal time playing solo queue.

There was some questions in the previous Q&A about 2 weeks ago, which got me thinking quite a bit when it came to how it affected me and my friends who are also competing in this game, as well as how it affected random players who play the game for fun.

One question was asked, What is being done about the toxic pro community?

I will not comment on who asked it, or if i personally don't like the way it was phrased.
    However, I will immediately state that i disagree that one can just regard it as a whole Pro Community being toxic. I personally would've asked how turbine would deal with toxic pro players (individually).

But nevertheless, I feel this question was highly unfair towards the pro players who are currently in the scene. I came to this conclusion only today due to a couple events.

I've met a couple players repetedly in numerous games over a couple weeks, due to having played the game a lot more time than most people, I knew my way round the meta and how to single handedly carry games, as well as a couple times i met him whilst grouped with 4 friends of mine, whom i really enjoy playing with.

Needless to say, these players got first of all frustrated at me, having lost game after game to me, because I knew my way to how to get my momentum going and winning the game for my team, and of course this only escalated when i queued with more people with me.

I tried giving some advice, on how to improve, or what they should seek to do to improve. However if i posted the return comments I got I'd have to censor more text than one would be able to read.

Therefore, towards the comment where someone referred to the pro community as toxic, I'd like to ask, what is people's attitude in game when you meet us? when you see us in game, do you strive to improve yourself to reach our level? or do you simply start insulting whomever is laning against us if they die a couple times? And that one time that u beat us, why is there the need to insult us and say that we r **** (everyone knows what word that was) instead of understanding that like everyone else we are human beings that can faulter at any point in time, maybe have a bad game, or maybe i was trying out something new that went wrong.

As a final comment, to the Devs, I'd like to ask what is done about the queue changes, as I've been seeing people go into game before me, coming out and going into a new game, whilst I'm hours in queue, then I get a queue, it lasts 15min because the enemy team surrenders and flames me, then they get a queue again and I don't

Finally, I'd like to put something out there that apparently common people didn't come to on their own, I'm a human, I do everything humans do and I'm not a perfect programmable robot, so when you decide to try wishing me cancer just cos you lost 1 match in a game, try thinking about what you're doing and how badly it may affect someone.

Thanks for taking your time to read.

Community Advocate CH4_BrianFantana's Avatar

Re: An important message to the Community and the Devs

Quote Originally Posted by tSpark View Post
    Recently, I have been meeting a number of new players, as well as meeting old ones during my normal time playing solo queue.

There was some questions in the previous Q&A about 2 weeks ago, which got me thinking quite a bit when it came to how it affected me and my friends who are also competing in this game, as well as how it affected random players who play the game for fun.

One question was asked, What is being done about the toxic pro community?

I will not comment on who asked it, or if i personally don't like the way it was phrased.
    However, I will immediately state that i disagree that one can just regard it as a whole Pro Community being toxic. I personally would've asked how turbine would deal with toxic pro players (individually).

But nevertheless, I feel this question was highly unfair towards the pro players who are currently in the scene. I came to this conclusion only today due to a couple events.

I've met a couple players repetedly in numerous games over a couple weeks, due to having played the game a lot more time than most people, I knew my way round the meta and how to single handedly carry games, as well as a couple times i met him whilst grouped with 4 friends of mine, whom i really enjoy playing with.

Needless to say, these players got first of all frustrated at me, having lost game after game to me, because I knew my way to how to get my momentum going and winning the game for my team, and of course this only escalated when i queued with more people with me.

I tried giving some advice, on how to improve, or what they should seek to do to improve. However if i posted the return comments I got I'd have to censor more text than one would be able to read.

Therefore, towards the comment where someone referred to the pro community as toxic, I'd like to ask, what is people's attitude in game when you meet us? when you see us in game, do you strive to improve yourself to reach our level? or do you simply start insulting whomever is laning against us if they die a couple times? And that one time that u beat us, why is there the need to insult us and say that we r **** (everyone knows what word that was) instead of understanding that like everyone else we are human beings that can faulter at any point in time, maybe have a bad game, or maybe i was trying out something new that went wrong.

As a final comment, to the Devs, I'd like to ask what is done about the queue changes, as I've been seeing people go into game before me, coming out and going into a new game, whilst I'm hours in queue, then I get a queue, it lasts 15min because the enemy team surrenders and flames me, then they get a queue again and I don't

Finally, I'd like to put something out there that apparently common people didn't come to on their own, I'm a human, I do everything humans do and I'm not a perfect programmable robot, so when you decide to try wishing me cancer just cos you lost 1 match in a game, try thinking about what you're doing and how badly it may affect someone.

Thanks for taking your time to read.
    Uh...seeing during that question they mentioned they hated toxic players of all kinds...repeatedly, and would take action against all toxic players, pro or not, I'm not sure what this whole rant is about.
    Formerly Known as Hammerreborn

Come watch me at my Twitch Stream. I'm a community streamer, and I currently give away free swag every Friday and Sunday nights. Come for the swag, stay for the IC and Comics.

You can see up to date updates about times and giveaways and other events at my thread found here.

You stay classy Ron Burgandy

Quote Originally Posted by tSpark
    Nobody wants to queue up against a group of tagged up people in this game over and over again and get stomped, it isn't they don't aspire its that their aspirations of playing, learning and having fun are out of the window.

There aren't many people playing this game, the skill level in the game is absurdly low and the "pros" aren't much better but they don't need to be.
    Pub stomping in this game is a total joke.
    Sinestro Corps Member

@lyri
    o
    n

f
    f

n
    o

So... your post is from the perspective of a pro? It isn't very clear since you say "us" without specifying who "us" is. Your post, if from the perspective of a pro, is sort of implying that normal players automaticly are negative towards you simply for being pro. Well I don't think that's true. I do understand that people can get pissed when you give them advice (that happens whether youre a pro or not).
    People taunting you when they win is unpreventable though. If it gets too harsh just report them.

Sry if I forgot to post who I'm affiliated with,

I'm currently playing in Envision Squad, one of the 4 teams qualified for the ESL Studios Tournament.

As to the first two comments,

first of all I'm not ranting about anything, I'm just commenting that one cannot just blame a whole community for being toxic, which is how the question was formulated, "toxic pro community".

and to the second comment, the skill level between the current pro teams is farther apart from normal players than one could think when you see that normally 1 pro is enough to carry against 5 people, but if you think that playing against us is a detrement, then I'd say you have quite a closed view.

From personal experience with playing against pro's in several games, every time I see them in game against me I'm happy, loss or not, because every game against someone better than me will teach me something that will bring me closer to their level.

But alas, that's my opinion against everyone else's probably, as most just want an easy stomp to brag about.

Sorry but no one wants to play against a stacked team with communication that will stomp them 90% several times a day while they make fun of how bad you are in chat or your voice channel.
    So their toxic attitude is completely understatable, though it's still bad and should be reported most of the time.
    They just want to have a fun game, not a pain train of 15 min until they surrender in the best of the cases then pray not to be paired against you or similar again.

and to the second comment, the skill level between the current pro teams is farther apart from normal players than one could think when you see that normally 1 pro is enough to carry against 5 people, but if you think that playing against us is a detrement, then I'd say you have quite a closed view
    Meeting one, or even 2 of that players of that kind in the same side is ok and tolerable, even if they carry the game and win easily. Meeting 5 just makes you think if it wouldn't be better to stay at base and do something productive while they end as quick as posible.
    Last edited by Unilord; 07-27-2014 at 09:26 AM.

But again, this is just people saying Pros > Everyone else, i fail too sometimes, not the first time i fed my lane, cos i was tired or i was trying something new, so the excuse of going afk is better is just stupid.

Considering Harmony EPSILON_Taavi's Avatar

No need to even go to details , im 1 of the most hated person because i speak my mind , ive kicked so many players and that brings alot of lies and peopl who actually are at fault deny everything so i couldnt care less if people think im toxic , fact stays the same im not toxic because i know what the thread is about and what he ment by it.
    so sue believe less what people tell u.

Quote Originally Posted by tSpark View Post
    and to the second comment, the skill level between the current pro teams is farther apart from normal players than one could think when you see that normally 1 pro is enough to carry against 5 people, but if you think that playing against us is a detrement, then I'd say you have quite a closed view.

From personal experience with playing against pro's in several games, every time I see them in game against me I'm happy, loss or not, because every game against someone better than me will teach me something that will bring me closer to their level.

But alas, that's my opinion against everyone else's probably, as most just want an easy stomp to brag about.
    I don't think that playing against pros is a bad thing - I'm paraphrasing the community consensus.

New players get thrown up against pros and don't learn from it, they get mad and don't want to play IC anymore/for a while. Older players just get fed up of constantly queing against the same stack.

I've never heard of you but then again I've been out of the "pro" scene on IC for a while.
    Sinestro Corps Member

@lyri
    o
    n

f
    f

n
    o

Quote Originally Posted by JLA-Lyri View Post
    I don't think that playing against pros is a bad thing - I'm paraphrasing the community consensus.

New players get thrown up against pros and don't learn from it, they get mad and don't want to play IC anymore/for a while. Older players just get fed up of constantly queing against the same stack.

I've never heard of you but then again I've been out of the "pro" scene on IC for a while.
    Where've you been gurl? I've checked your raidcall every now and then and you're not there. I miss flirting with you.

And you still owe me that shirtless picture you promised me.