https://www.youtube.com/user/JestersmilesStream

http://www.twitch.tv/jestersmiles

R.I.P Main AD Harley Main tank API Back Up Tank Atomic Green lantern

Main Bruiser Super Girl

Re: Why outside progression systems suck

"I don't have a lot of time to play the game so I want to buy heroes"

"People who play the game more are generally better than those who don't"

"People who play more will have better in game items than those who don't"

Basically everything he mentions is based on his own lack of time, it is whiny and honestly idiotic.

He is blabbing because of his own personal situation, 99.9% of people who play video games are not Total Biscuit who have their time taken up by a huge amount of previous commitments. These kinds of games are time sinks, people with 3 kids, 40 hour a week job are not the target audience, of course it doesn't suit you but they give you a way of playing that doesn't completely make it so you don't have a chance too and it isn't abusable by those who do play a lot.

He is an unbareable moron.
    Sinestro Corps Member

@lyri
    o
    n

f
    f

n
    o

let me ask jester, are you totalbiscuit. now be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Wurm_king View Post
    let me ask jester, are you totalbiscuit. now be honest.

ummm no...

Main Bruiser Super Girl

Quote Originally Posted by JLA-Lyri View Post
    "I don't have a lot of time to play the game so I want to buy heroes"

"People who play the game more are generally better than those who don't"

"People who play more will have better in game items than those who don't"

Basically everything he mentions is based on his own lack of time, it is whiny and honestly idiotic.

He is blabbing because of his own personal situation, 99.9% of people who play video games are not Total Biscuit who have their time taken up by a huge amount of previous commitments. These kinds of games are time sinks, people with 3 kids, 40 hour a week job are not the target audience, of course it doesn't suit you but they give you a way of playing that doesn't completely make it so you don't have a chance too and it isn't abusable by those who do play a lot.

He is an unbareable moron.
    All I see is, "I hate total biscuit f him"

Thank you for not even countering one of his points. Thank you for nothing

Main Bruiser Super Girl

Didn't he once tell a guy to get cancer and die?
    If you can sum up what he says in the video (I won't watch it) I'll try to counter "one of his points." Or maybe I'll agree. I'm on the fence when it comes to outside progression in mobas.

Quote Originally Posted by Jestersmiles View Post

And all i see from you is a drama queen trying to make some type of fail controversy. He's talking about a rune system ala League of Legends that seems to be under discussion whether to implement it or not in the game ¨Heroes of the storm¨, and i agree with him.

I really don't see how that connects to this game whatsoever, btw our Mods/augs are not as strong as in League as far as i'm concerned, and we have Default kits which if i'm not mistaken they do not have in League.

Quote Originally Posted by Jestersmiles View Post

So you only read the last four words of that post?

Stop acting like a drama queen.

Those three quotes from TB are completely contradictory but lets go into the whole thing, just to ease your sour attitude.

Total Buscuit even admits his argument and the points he is making about outside progression is completely anecdotal.

(an·ec·do·tal
    ˌanikˈdōtl/
    adjective
    (of an account) not necessarily true or reliable, because based on personal accounts rather than facts or research.)

That is his problem.

He is basing his entire disdain of the outside progression system because it was never intended to target people like him, ever. Outside progression games are time sinks for people who want to play the video game for hours and hours, mobas fit right into that category as they have a very dedicated fan base. Often they pick one game out of the bunch and will play that more than any other game, this gives them more time to collect in game currency and items.
    From here on out Total Buscuit's point just falls flat on its face, if you listen to what he says you can hear it loud and clear.

"When you add a second progression system into the game you limit players who are not willing to spend money on heroes and/or artifacts."

Nope.
    What he says here is based on something that people believe more than they should - "buying heroes gives you a better shot at winning"
    The reason this is pervasive is because of League of Legends with its numerous heroes and how apparently if you only play with the ten free heroes then you can't possibly beat the guy who is playing with the top tier champion he bought, ever.

Completely garbage.

Something has to be said here that everyone loves to spend their hard earned in game currency on but spending it on runes/augments is and always will be the best way to go with your currency. You always have free heroes who can use them.

If I buy Shazam and you have Gascat on free rotation but you have a better mod and aug page then you're going to be the better jungle and have a better chance to win.

Now TB jumps headfirst into the dead end of the none logical pool.

"When I spend money on a game it is to unlock things I don't have time to do"
    "I don't have time to play a lot"

"You can't sell runes for real money because that would be buying power" - this is a fine statement, totally true.

"The problem is you give power to those who play more, it results in players doubling down on players they encounter"
    "Players who play more get more practice"
    "Players who play more are not only in general more skilled but they're also statistically better"

Do you see the issue here?
    It isn't hard to spot.

"I don't have time to play so I buy things, which makes me a better player until someone who has played more than me and has more stuff comes a long and beats me! This system is unfair!"

This all comes down to his lack of time or unwillingness to commit time to the game that it asks from its players, yes if you want to play like 2 hours of League of Legends a week you can and you can buy your heroes and stay in your MM bracket until you can get enough games under your belt to feel like you know what you're doing and buy a few runes.
    Obviously those who play more than you will be better than you, this goes for any kind of game and rewarding people for playing their game with in game currency to buy items isn't horrible either.

The problem here is that his perspective is purely his own and for people like him who don't have enough time to play it can't compete. This is just a generally true principal, take soccer.

If you play 1 hour a week on a sunday but your team plays 10 hours a week then you're going to be the worse player on the field, naturally. No matter how many pairs of fancy boots you buy, they're not going to make you a better player.
    TB thinks that in online games, when you can buy items that this principal should be removed.
    Sinestro Corps Member

@lyri
    o
    n

f
    f

n
    o

Quote Originally Posted by RealName View Post
    And all i see from you is a drama queen trying to make some type of fail controversy. He's talking about a rune system ala League of Legends that seems to be under discussion whether to implement it or not in the game ¨Heroes of the storm¨, and i agree with him.

I really don't see how that connects to this game whatsoever, btw our Mods/augs are not as strong as in League as far as i'm concerned, and we have Default kits which if i'm not mistaken they do not have in League.
    Lol that funny , did you not take a crack at me after a game for just having default mods?

ohh right let pretend that never happen...

It relevant because this game has an needlessly gold sink in mods and stolen powers.

And you calling anyone else a drama queen is beyond funny....

Main Bruiser Super Girl

Quote Originally Posted by JLA-Lyri View Post

The problem here is that his perspective is purely his own and for people like him who don't have enough time to play it can't compete. .

It's a no brainier to say that I have more time than TB to commit to games yet I agree 100% with him. All outside progression system are just stupid gold sink that give the illusion of customization. I don't know why companies insist on using such a useless system. I guess they think that they are going to copy LoL success and yet Moba number 2 and 3 (Dota 2, Smite) have no progression at all.

And where Dawngate and IC right now?......right.

Main Bruiser Super Girl