Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Why outside progression systems suck

Quote Originally Posted by Jestersmiles View Post
    It's a no brainier to say that I have more time than TB to commit to games yet I agree 100% with him. All outside progression system are just stupid gold sink that give the illusion of customization. I don't know why companies insist on using such a useless system. I guess they think that they are going to copy LoL success and yet Moba number 2 and 3 (Dota 2, Smite) have no progression at all.

And where Dawngate and IC right now?......right.
    I like how you call me out for not countering any point made by TB but when I do you reply with nothing but snark.

Outside progression systems -does- have customization you can have any character built anyway you want. That is customization to the letter, you cannot really dispute it just because competitive nature of the game dictates you play optimally to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Jestersmiles
    And where Dawngate and IC right now?......right.
    One is in the toilet.

One is in an open beta and one is building a solid playerbase.

Because of course games that have been out for one year will just compete with games that have been out for 4+, what a convincing argument you have.
    Sinestro Corps Member

@lyri
    o
    n

f
    f

n
    o

Quote Originally Posted by JLA-Lyri View Post
    I like how you call me out for not countering any point made by TB but when I do you reply with nothing but snark.

Outside progression systems -does- have customization you can have any character built anyway you want. That is customization to the letter, you cannot really dispute it just because competitive nature of the game dictates you play optimally to win.

One is in the toilet.

One is in an open beta and one is building a solid playerbase.

Because of course games that have been out for one year will just compete with games that have been out for 4+, what a convincing argument you have.
    all you did was say that his argument is invalid because he does he makes the case from some body who does not have to time ti sink into game, which is not true.

Ask any body who sunk hours into Smite/Dota/hon what the thing they hate most about League. I bet you the rune system will be on the top of the list.

outside progression system serve one purpose, Gold sink, because they don't want you to get heroes with in game currency but with real $$$.

What other reason is there for Stolen powers to cost 4000 Ic points? right..
    https://www.youtube.com/user/JestersmilesStream

http://www.twitch.tv/jestersmiles

R.I.P Main AD Harley Main tank API Back Up Tank Atomic Green lantern

Main Bruiser Super Girl

Lol that funny , did you not take a crack at me after a game for just having default mods?

ohh right let pretend that never happen...

It relevant because this game has an needlessly gold sink in mods and stolen powers.

And you calling anyone else a drama queen is beyond funny....

Why do you take things out of context? you were talking about how good you are compared to me therefore i said something like ¨if you were good you'd have Mods/augs and decent stolen powers¨ it has nothing to do with the Mods Augs/ stolen powers in it self!!!!
    It's because those indicate that you're a player who puts thought into the game, i can see everyone's kit and i can see when kits have some solid thought behind them and when they're just throwing random mods, ergo a good player from a bad player.

¨It relevant because this game has an needlessly gold sink in mods and stolen powers.¨

¨It relevant¨ http://horrorhomework.com/blog/wp-co...ING_S_IT-1.jpg Yes! IT it's relevant still!!

Jokes aside, You earn an aug each level and a mod each 5 levels !! lol plus they're not expensive at all, on my low level account i can get a complete mod set on level 11 and i still have like 3000 merit. ( plus all the achievements...)

¨And you calling anyone else a drama queen is beyond funny¨

I might be a Princess ~ but i'm far from a ¨drama queen¨ and... at this point i highly doubt you know the real concept of it
    Last edited by RealName; 07-28-2014 at 05:19 AM.

So you didn't like how they were bashing you on HotS forums, specially because you made the 3rd post about the same topic in the same day, and decided to try it here?

Quote Originally Posted by RealName View Post
    I really don't see how that connects to this game whatsoever, btw our Mods/augs are not as strong as in League as far as i'm concerned, and we have Default kits which if i'm not mistaken they do not have in League.
    you are not mistaken, league is right into the frying pan, but this balanced with a gigantic player population and better match making, thus avoiding playing against people who have 25 full rune pages each customized for every champ they own

outside progression system serve one purpose, Gold sink, because they don't want you to get heroes with in game currency but with real $$$.

What other reason is there for Stolen powers to cost 4000 Ic points? right..
    A business looking to make money makes a game and wants you to spend your hard earned real life currency on their micro-transactions?

Say it isn't so!

You realise that is the entire reason a game is free to play, right?

Inb4 "Ermageerd, Dota2 is all fur freee!"

DotA 2 has Valve, a company who is worth 2.5 billion. They have their own platform on Steam and revenue generated, of course they can do things different. Valve can get away with giving you all the heroes and selling you cosmetics because they have everything in place already to do that - Steam Market Place.
    Which already undercuts the DotA 2 store and they still get money from it.

Smite gives away a lot of free stuff (The god pack is temporary) and they give you new account heroes for free, which is great but they still want you to spend money on buying heroes.
    Sinestro Corps Member

@lyri
    o
    n

f
    f

n
    o

"I don't have a lot of time to play the game so I want to buy heroes"

"People who play the game more are generally better than those who don't"

"People who play more will have better in game items than those who don't"

Basically everything he mentions is based on his own lack of time, it is whiny and honestly idiotic.

He is blabbing because of his own personal situation, 99.9% of people who play video games are not Total Biscuit who have their time taken up by a huge amount of previous commitments. These kinds of games are time sinks, people with 3 kids, 40 hour a week job are not the target audience, of course it doesn't suit you but they give you a way of playing that doesn't completely make it so you don't have a chance too and it isn't abusable by those who do play a lot.

He is an unbareable moron.
    He garners him self as a person who is important he thinks because of his notoriety that his opinion is law

Quote Originally Posted by Sycogenesis View Post
    He garners him self as a person who is important he thinks because of his notoriety that his opinion is law
    When did he say his opinion is law? At least he can articulate himself and not lower himself to name calling unlike some of you, when discussing something. In that respect HE is better than you.

Man the haters in here are hilarious.

W/e no point in discussing this if some of you can't get pass you un warranted hatred towards a online personality.

I just head over toward the dawngate reddit where at least I don't have to deal "TB is a moron" comments.

This is officially a worst community than Hon... jesus. ( yes this has also been discussed in hon forums without the stupid TB is a moron is comments)
    Last edited by Jestersmiles; 07-29-2014 at 03:28 AM.

Main Bruiser Super Girl

A business looking to make money makes a game and wants you to spend your hard earned real life currency on their micro-transactions?

Say it isn't so!

You realise that is the entire reason a game is free to play, right?

Inb4 "Ermageerd, Dota2 is all fur freee!"

DotA 2 has Valve, a company who is worth 2.5 billion. They have their own platform on Steam and revenue generated, of course they can do things different. Valve can get away with giving you all the heroes and selling you cosmetics because they have everything in place already to do that - Steam Market Place.
    Which already undercuts the DotA 2 store and they still get money from it.

Smite gives away a lot of free stuff (The god pack is temporary) and they give you new account heroes for free, which is great but they still want you to spend money on buying heroes.
    You keep saying that the Smite pack is temporary , yet it been there since CB. An even if it is temporary at least they gave me an OPTION (god forbid) to bypass all the needless grinding in one fell swoop.

And What about Strife? That will offer up all the heroes up front? Love how you don't even mention that game.
    Last edited by Jestersmiles; 07-29-2014 at 03:28 AM.

Main Bruiser Super Girl

You keep saying that the Smite pack is temporary , yet it been there since CB.
    Yes it has been, yet people keep bringing up the fact that "Smite gives it all for free" yet they never mention its temporary status. Check the FAQ, it says it right there.

An even if it is temporary at least they gave me an OPTION (god forbid) to bypass all the needless grinding in one fell swoop.
    Point me to the part in my post where I said it was a bad thing? I think its great they can do it.

And What about Strife? That will offer up all the heroes up front? Love how you don't even mention that game.
    I only heard about that game yesterday, maybe the day before? I don't know much about it, which is why I never mentioned it.
    Sinestro Corps Member

@lyri
    o
    n

f
    f

n
    o