Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Q: What would you like done about AFKers?

Q: What can be done about AFKers? How would you solve this problem?

---
    Edit: I would like to suggest that there is an automatic popup that puts Infinite Crisis game as the primary screen once the match has started (after the loading screen has loaded all players). Example: If you are in que and alt tabbed browsing forums, and the que pops, the infinite crisis game is automatically selected as the primary screen so that you can press join or decline. This specific feature would help remind players who alt tabbed during the loading screen, that the match has started and can eliminate *some* of the problems where people forgot to tab back to the game once it started, because there currently is no alert for this.
    Last edited by Achido; 07-27-2014 at 02:14 PM.

Re: Q: What would you like done about AFKers?

one thing I think they should consider doing is changing the vote of players who don't vote to a yes. because sometimes the person not voting is afk but has not logged out.

Maybe it wouldn't be that hard to write an AFK detection script. It would have to basically sense if there was an input in the last so and so seconds. If there wasn't it defaults to Yes.

I'd like to comment on this as well. In Gotham Divided, the AI match, when one goes afk the match goes from an average 20 minutes to a 45 minute painful wait until it ends. Just like in Star Wars the Old Republic, if you stay in the safe area for more then 1 minutes in most cases you are booted out of the match and replaced with someone that is in queue. We need to adopted a similar idea here.

Set fire to the afkers , or force them to listen to leo sing!

On a serious side its a catch 22 , but maybe some sort of system similar to dota where the system recognises afkers and allows them to be kicked,

If my other half and mates were able to create a similar system on WC3 that recognises a players been afk/not left base for x minutes then there has to be a way for turbine to do the same.

We should sacrifice them to the gods of IC for better que times!

On a serious note I think that is a good idea if you stay on base more than a minute or two will you automatically get kicked out of the game and somebody else waiting in queue will get brought in to replace them.

It would be experienced players job to inform them not to take long or to just shop at friendly turret.

Lucho Conquerer CH4_BrianFantana's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grimmior75 View Post
    On a serious note I think that is a good idea if you stay on base more than a minute or two will you automatically get kicked out of the game and somebody else waiting in queue will get brought in to replace them.

It would be experienced players job to inform them not to take long or to just shop at friendly turret.
    No that's a terrible idea. Would you want to wait 8 minute in queue and then warp into a game where a troll fed 15 times then afked at 14 minutes, pulling you in for one minute before the team auto surrenders, putting you back into queue?

Or even worse, you end up replacing me for example, when I'm building ad arc gl, and you jump into the game never playing him before and being really confused on why I would build that way on a power champion.

Essentially, its a terrible idea.

Just kick the guy and distribute the credits like dota. Gives the rest of the team a chance to fight back with superior gear or surrender without the afk being counted as a no vote.
    Last edited by hammerreborn; 07-27-2014 at 01:50 PM.

I was thinking maybe if a player leaves another can join when the game is going on so we don't have afkers.

Oh derp some one said dat.